US ‘thinks it knows the Middle East better than we do ourselves’

Yes, I do. But, thanks for playing.

You don't want a discussion. Your divine wind is merely you imagining yourself to be a God's fart.
Thanks for the insult. You and I both know it's because you have no intellectual response to my comments.

No worries, kid. Believe whatever you want, but truth is truth and history is history. You claim to be pro-Israel, but you seem to be screaming "Death to America". Why?

LS19_ThoseWhoCannotRemeberThePastAreCondemnedToRepeatIt.jpg

Yes, I do. But, thanks for playing.

You don't want a discussion. Your divine wind is merely you imagining yourself to be a God's fart.
Thanks for the insult. You and I both know it's because you have no intellectual response to my comments.

No worries, kid. Believe whatever you want, but truth is truth and history is history.

LS19_ThoseWhoCannotRemeberThePastAreCondemnedToRepeatIt.jpg

I am well versed in Middle Eastern history. You're simply a pompous prick and one that can't keep up.

I am well versed in Middle Eastern history. You're simply a pompous prick and one that can't keep up.
You could claim to have invented the Internet, but that doesn't make it true.

You offer insults instead of intellectual discussion. Why? Is it because you aren't as expert as you claim? If you are so well versed, why don't you refute my comments with facts instead of comments like "you imagining yourself to be a God's fart" and "You're simply a pompous prick"?

I see it as a mistake because:
we were utterly clueless and naive as to the reality of the region
it was the first domino that set in place a series of popular revolutions that destabilized the regions
we had no clue none and the arrogance and destruction is unforgiveable.
Disagreed. The problem of people is far older than even the United States, much less our involvement of in the ME.

FWIW, as mentioned on another thread, the first involvement in the ME by the US was 1805 because the Barbary pirates (Muslims) were attacking our cargo ships. We didn't enter the ME as colonialists nor conquerors, but as defenders of our rights to free trade.

Burning_of_the_uss_philadelphia.jpg

51H3mbLvgVL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Something to keep in mind. The issue of the Barbary pirates is always brought up in an attempt to imply that Muslims have always been a problem. Bullshit. Pirates have always been a problem. And pirates are not all Muslim.

You could claim to have invented the Internet, but that doesn't make it true.

You offer insults instead of intellectual discussion. Why? Is it because you aren't as expert as you claim? If you are so well versed, why don't you refute my comments with facts instead of comments like "you imagining yourself to be a God's fart" and "You're simply a pompous prick"?

You don't offer anything. Say good bye.

Something to keep in mind. The issue of the Barbary pirates is always brought up in an attempt to imply that Muslims have always been a problem. Bullshit. Pirates have always been a problem. And pirates are not all Muslim.
Of course pirates have always been a problem. Same goes for slavery, yet how many idiots on this forum blame "whites" for slavery as if they invented it?

As for the Barbary Coast, Thomas Jefferson was content to be isolationist, but it was the Barbary pirates who forced him to take action. Do you deny this? Muslim or not, the fact remains the traditionally isolationist US was forced to protect its interests outside of the US by hostile forces. Do you agree or disagree?

Now you are trying to force me to leave because you have no intellectual response? Interesting. Sorry kid, but this isn't 10th grade. Try to act like the "well versed" adult you claim to be.

Of course pirates have always been a problem. Same goes for slavery, yet how many idiots on this forum blame "whites" for slavery as if they invented it?

As for the Barbary Coast, Thomas Jefferson was content to be isolationist, but it was the Barbary pirates who forced him to take action. Do you deny this? Muslim or not, the fact remains the traditionally isolationist US was forced to protect its interests outside of the US by hostile forces. Do you agree or disagree?

Actually, I don't think anyone blames whites for slavery. Slavery has an ancient history. But when it comes to the American instituation, ya, it's appropriate to blame whites.

And yes, I agree - but the US was also forced to take action against others as well, bringing this up as some sort of "history" of Muslim antipathy towards us is weak.

Now you are trying to force me to leave because you have no intellectual response? Interesting. Sorry kid, but this isn't 10th grade. Try to act like the "well versed" adult you claim to be.

No. I'm putting you on ignore. You don't have an argument or anything worth debating. Clearly you aren't discussion material. Frankly, you're an idiot.

Actually, I don't think anyone blames whites for slavery. Slavery has an ancient history. But when it comes to the American instituation, ya, it's appropriate to blame whites.

And yes, I agree - but the US was also forced to take action against others as well, bringing this up as some sort of "history" of Muslim antipathy towards us is weak.
You haven't read posts by Asclepias, JQPublic1 and other racists?

Agreed, slavery is ancient. It probably predates the current "races", believed to be about 50,000 years old. Modern man has existed about 200,000 years.

No. I'm putting you on ignore. You don't have an argument or anything worth debating. Clearly you aren't discussion material. Frankly, you're an idiot.
Of course you are. That's what people who are lack intellectual acumen do.

They don't want a stable ME.
"They"? Are you talking about ZOG? The Zionists? Some other conspiracy theory?
Of course the Zionists want the region destabilized, it's no secret. And Zionists are not the only ones, Saudi's, Turks, Qataris and other GCC States want it as well. At least in the near term, to buttress against the Shia expansion which the Iraq war gave rise to.

Of course the Zionists want the region destabilized, it's no secret. And Zionists are not the only ones, Saudi's, Turks, Qataris and other GCC States want it as well. At least in the near term, to buttress against the Shia expansion which the Iraq war gave rise to.

It appeared for awhile there was a desire to destabilize the Saudis as well. Still does. It seems like after Libya this became a free for all. No attempt to hide it.

Last edited:

It appeared for awhile there was a desire to destabilize the Saudi's as well. Still does. It seems like after Libya this became a free for all. No attempt to hide it.
I didn't see that. Unless you are speaking of the salafists, they always want to destabilize the Saudi Kingdom.

I see it as a mistake because:
we were utterly clueless and naive as to the reality of the region
it was the first domino that set in place a series of popular revolutions that destabilized the regions
we had no clue none and the arrogance and destruction is unforgiveable.
Disagreed. The problem of people is far older than even the United States, much less our involvement of in the ME.

FWIW, as mentioned on another thread, the first involvement in the ME by the US was 1805 because the Barbary pirates (Muslims) were attacking our cargo ships. We didn't enter the ME as colonialists nor conquerors, but as defenders of our rights to free trade.

Burning_of_the_uss_philadelphia.jpg

51H3mbLvgVL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A role of religion in this case cannot be denied. It can not be exaggerated, as well. Religion has often be a key issue in wars, no doubt. But the fact that the Sunni extremists in Syria are fought by the predominantly Sunni Syrian army proves that reducing the problem to religion is not realistic.

It appeared for awhile there was a desire to destabilize the Saudi's as well. Still does. It seems like after Libya this became a free for all. No attempt to hide it.
I didn't see that. Unless you are speaking of the salafists, they always want to destabilize the Saudi Kingdom.

There were a couple of issues that moved me in that direction. Succession, oil and the all of a sudden give a damn about the human rights in Saudi Arabia.

U.S. Officials Fear Saudi Collapse If New Prince Fails

Saudi Arabia And OPEC Are Going To Keep Pumping Until Shale Investment Is Crushed

Destabilization means chaos and war. What nation in their right mind want that?

I've seen no evidence that Israel wants the ME destabilized.

Those who spread destabilization want destabilization.

Perhaps you are not looking. Evidence for it is everywhere. Here is an Israeli intelligence officer stating his preference.

Israeli Intelligence chief: We do not want ISIS defeat in Syria

Forum List

Back