US ‘thinks it knows the Middle East better than we do ourselves’

It's about strategy. Nitwit.
Thanks for the insult. It tells me you are weak and lack the intellectual capacity to formulate an intelligent reply.

No worries, I've been called a lot worse and it never hurts me. OTOH, the odds are King Abdullah and the other privileged elite of the ME will end up hanging from lampposts like Mussolini are strong. They'll either be hung by Islamic fanatics like Daesh or their own people in revolt.

Look, guy. You are carrying on an argument with yourself. So, maybe you should put the crack pipe down.

The problem, as it is now had it's start with the carving up of the Ottoman Empire by greedy European imperialists, the creation of artificial states that could only be held by autocrats, the meddling of American interests that led to the misbegotten invasion of Iraq. You shouldn't be forcing people who have a long hatred of each other, into artificial states, for the purpose of providing influence and resources for foreign powers.
So what is your solution? Back out and let them slaughter each other?

Do you agree that if Israel was about the fall, they'd go absolutely apeshit and nuke all the Arab capitals in the ME?

How about something simple like..........stop playing the game by rules they don't acknowledge.

The problem, as it is now had it's start with the carving up of the Ottoman Empire by greedy European imperialists, the creation of artificial states that could only be held by autocrats, the meddling of American interests that led to the misbegotten invasion of Iraq. You shouldn't be forcing people who have a long hatred of each other, into artificial states, for the purpose of providing influence and resources for foreign powers.

Do you agree that if Israel was about the fall, they'd go absolutely apeshit and nuke all the Arab capitals in the ME?

Honestly, I don't know WHAT the solution is.

One thing though - it can not come from us alone. It must include the international community and the stable Middle Eastern states.

I don't see how Iraq can continue as one state. Syria - is a blood bath. ISIS was born and thrives in the chaos.

Truely I don't know but when we invaded Iraq, we started a process that is leading the ME into Hell :(

One thing though - it can not come from us alone. It must include the international community and the stable Middle Eastern states.

I don't see how Iraq can continue as one state. Syria - is a blood bath. ISIS was born and thrives in the chaos.

Truely I don't know but when we invaded Iraq, we started a process that is leading the ME into Hell :(

They don't want a stable ME.

How about something simple like..........stop playing the game by rules they don't acknowledge.
Great! Works for me.

Do you also agree that Israel has a right to exist? That Islamic terrorism is wrong? What is your proposal to stop Islamic extremism?

Agreed on most parts but disagree that invading Iraq "started a process that is leading the ME into Hell". I do agree it was a mistake, but not for the reasons you mentioned. It was a mistake because we spent our nation's blood and treasure on a quagmire, a war we couldn't possibly win.

These are corporate wars.
...run by ZOG. Yes, I'm aware of all the nutjob memes on this issue.

How about the Peshawar seven?
A mid-80s group fighting the fucking Soviets who invaded Afghanistan? What about them? What does that have to do with my comment about 1948? Are you dodging or just moving the goalposts?

That was funded by the US and Saudi governments dollar for dollar to knowingly, willingly and consciously create a jihad against the then Soviet Union. The Peshawar Seven were the most extreme. Do you understand? Destabilization of the ME because Jordan is a small player in the middle of a much larger chess game.

Agreed on most parts but disagree that invading Iraq "started a process that is leading the ME into Hell". I do agree it was a mistake, but not for the reasons you mentioned. It was a mistake because we spent our nation's blood and treasure on a quagmire, a war we couldn't possibly win.

I see it as a mistake because:
we were utterly clueless and naive as to the reality of the region
it was the first domino that set in place a series of popular revolutions that destabilized the regions
we had no clue none and the arrogance and destruction is unforgiveable.

That was funded by the US and Saudi governments dollar for dollar to knowingly, willingly and consciously create a jihad against the then Soviet Union. The Peshawar Seven were the most extreme. Do you understand? Destabilization of the ME.
I was a Cold War Warrior. Do you understand the Cold War has existed for ten years before I was born and I'm 60. How old are you? Do you even understand the history of Wahhabism? The Sykes-Picot Agreement? WWII and it's aftermath?

That was funded by the US and Saudi governments dollar for dollar to knowingly, willingly and consciously create a jihad against the then Soviet Union. The Peshawar Seven were the most extreme. Do you understand? Destabilization of the ME.
I was a Cold War Warrior. Do you understand the Cold War has existed for ten years before I was born and I'm 60. How old are you? Do you even understand the history of Wahhabism? The Sykes-Picot Agreement? WWII and it's aftermath?

Yes, I do. But, thanks for playing.

You don't want a discussion. Your divine wind is merely you imagining yourself to be a God's fart.

The best way to understand the middle east is to look at the enormous degree of inbreeding. When nieces are married off to uncles, and first cousins are married to each other, blood ties trumps ideology.

I think I've heard that before....oh wait. It's a frequently regurgitated anti-semitic canard....Science reveals: Jews fantastically inbred. – Jewlicious THE Jewish Blog - right from a hate site. If you can't find anything else - attack them with inbreeding. What hate site did you get yours from?

You are a moron.

This is not a hate site. Consanguineous marriages: Preconception consultation in primary health care settings

I see it as a mistake because:
we were utterly clueless and naive as to the reality of the region
it was the first domino that set in place a series of popular revolutions that destabilized the regions
we had no clue none and the arrogance and destruction is unforgiveable.
Disagreed. The problem of people is far older than even the United States, much less our involvement of in the ME.

FWIW, as mentioned on another thread, the first involvement in the ME by the US was 1805 because the Barbary pirates (Muslims) were attacking our cargo ships. We didn't enter the ME as colonialists nor conquerors, but as defenders of our rights to free trade.

Burning_of_the_uss_philadelphia.jpg

51H3mbLvgVL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Forum List

Back