US ‘thinks it knows the Middle East better than we do ourselves’

The desires of those who wish to break down the boarder between Iraq and Syria and set up a salafist principality in its stead plays right into the hands of those who wish to undermine Iran. I'm not seeing your perspective here. Have you looked at a larger map and do you understand the geopolitical implications of Iranian influence on the region after having been handed Iraq on a silver platter.

middleeast.gif
And who are those people? Certainly not the West. War is bad for business.

The desires of those who wish to break down the boarder between Iraq and Syria and set up a salafist principality in its stead plays right into the hands of those who wish to undermine Iran. I'm not seeing your perspective here. Have you looked at a larger map and do you understand the geopolitical implications of Iranian influence on the region after having been handed Iraq on a silver platter.

middleeast.gif
And who are those people? Certainly not the West. War is bad for business.
Depends on the business I suppose.

The best way to understand the middle east is to look at the enormous degree of inbreeding. When nieces are married off to uncles, and first cousins are married to each other, blood ties trumps ideology.

I think I've heard that before....oh wait. It's a frequently regurgitated anti-semitic canard....Science reveals: Jews fantastically inbred. – Jewlicious THE Jewish Blog - right from a hate site. If you can't find anything else - attack them with inbreeding. What hate site did you get yours from?

for the record-----jews ARE interbred
The original Hebrews or the people that currently call themselves jewish?

The best way to understand the middle east is to look at the enormous degree of inbreeding. When nieces are married off to uncles, and first cousins are married to each other, blood ties trumps ideology.

I think I've heard that before....oh wait. It's a frequently regurgitated anti-semitic canard....Science reveals: Jews fantastically inbred. – Jewlicious THE Jewish Blog - right from a hate site. If you can't find anything else - attack them with inbreeding. What hate site did you get yours from?

for the record-----jews ARE interbred
The original Hebrews or the people that currently call themselves jewish?

the original Hebrews who are the people who currently called
themselves Jewish. The original Hebrews began
calling themselves Jews----aka Yehudim rather than "Hebrews" or "children of Israel" several centuries after
Israel ---aka Jacob, named his fourth son JUDAH (yehudah) as the heir to rulership over the whole community. -------because of that inheritance the kingdom became ----
THE KINGDOM OF JUDAH- ---thus the people previously called Hebrews or "children of Israel" became known as
YEHUDIM aka JEWS. Now you know where from DA JOOOOS developed as so designated. Not all jews are of
the tribe of JUDAH-------I am not-----I am from the tribe of
LEVI------Levi was not such a good boy------so Jacob (aka Israel) did not name him the ruler even thought he was older
than Yehuda (Judah) Moses was of the tribe of Levi-----MY UNCLE MOSES (of course Korach was also of the tribe of
Levi----not such a good boy) Levi was no damned good----
but his descendant was MOSES . Isn't that quaint?

True. The Russians are making a killing selling weapons systems, from AKs to missile launchers.

Still, while some businesses will profit, most lose money as anyone who watches the stock market whenever a war breaks out knows.

True. The Russians are making a killing selling weapons systems, from AKs to missile launchers.

Still, while some businesses will profit, most lose money as anyone who watches the stock market whenever a war breaks out knows.
AKs and missile lainchers? Please.

The U.S. Sold $33 Billion in Weapons to Gulf Countries in the Last Year

And technically we aren't at war, we are using proxies. As if it would matter, markets rebound quickly from war and schleppers don't get a say, weapons manufacturers and energy producers are at the top of the pecking order.

AKs and missile lainchers? Please....
Why lie when it's obviously true?

Syria's war: A showroom for Russian arms sales
It seemed like a Cold War episode. A T-90, one of Russia's most advanced battle tanks, was hit by a US-made "tank killer" - a tube-launched, wire-guided BGM-71 TOW missile.

The tank withstood a lightning-like explosion without igniting, and one of the crewmembers hastily got out of the turret.

The episode may have pitted weapons produced by Cold-War rivals, but the scene took place in Aleppo in February. The tank was operated by Syrian government forces, and the TOW was launched by Hawks Mountain Brigade, an opposition group that got the TOW via Saudi Arabia or directly from the CIA, a military analyst said.

The whole episode was "a chance to see what happens when state-of-the-art hardware from two major world powers violently collide in the Middle East", Robert Beckhusen wrote for the National Interest magazine.

It was also a perfect commercial for Russian arms producers.

The Kremlin said it spent almost $500m on its military operation in Syria that started on September 30 and goes on despite a widely advertised partial withdrawal last month. But Moscow could earn a lot more after the world saw Russia-made weapons, old and new, battle-tested by the Russian air force and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's military on the ground.

"This is colossal advertising and Russia expects new purchases worth tens of billions of dollars," Alexander Markov, political analyst and member of Russia's Council on Foreign and Defense Politics, told Al Jazeera.

"Hundreds of experts from arms producing [companies] have been there, and they tested their systems in battle conditions."

Show off the goods

The Syrian war has helped Moscow boost its status as a major arms producer and exporter, already the world's second-largest after the United States.

And that's good news for President Vladimir Putin amid a deepening economic crisis caused by low oil prices, the falling rouble, and Western sanctions imposed over Russia's actions in Ukraine.

The Syrian operation provided an "excellent opportunity to show off the goods", Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Moscow-based Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies, told Al Jazeera.

The operation provided a chance to battle-test "all the last-generation military systems that Russia could not test in military condition - high-precision weaponry, missiles, helicopters, planes and cruise missiles", he said.

The Kommersant daily said last week, quoting Kremlin insiders and military analysts, that the "marketing effect" of the Syrian conflict will boost Russia's arms sales by up to $7bn.

Algeria has bought a dozen Sukhoi Su-32 fighter bombers, an export version of the Su-34 that proved lethally effective in Syria. The new aircraft will replace Algiers' aging fleet of Russian-made MiG-25s....

AKs and missile lainchers? Please....

Syria's war: A showroom for Russian arms sales
It seemed like a Cold War episode. A T-90, one of Russia's most advanced battle tanks, was hit by a US-made "tank killer" - a tube-launched, wire-guided BGM-71 TOW missile.

The tank withstood a lightning-like explosion without igniting, and one of the crewmembers hastily got out of the turret.

The episode may have pitted weapons produced by Cold-War rivals, but the scene took place in Aleppo in February. The tank was operated by Syrian government forces, and the TOW was launched by Hawks Mountain Brigade, an opposition group that got the TOW via Saudi Arabia or directly from the CIA, a military analyst said.

The whole episode was "a chance to see what happens when state-of-the-art hardware from two major world powers violently collide in the Middle East", Robert Beckhusen wrote for the National Interest magazine.

It was also a perfect commercial for Russian arms producers.

The Kremlin said it spent almost $500m on its military operation in Syria that started on September 30 and goes on despite a widely advertised partial withdrawal last month. But Moscow could earn a lot more after the world saw Russia-made weapons, old and new, battle-tested by the Russian air force and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's military on the ground.

"This is colossal advertising and Russia expects new purchases worth tens of billions of dollars," Alexander Markov, political analyst and member of Russia's Council on Foreign and Defense Politics, told Al Jazeera.

"Hundreds of experts from arms producing [companies] have been there, and they tested their systems in battle conditions."

Show off the goods

The Syrian war has helped Moscow boost its status as a major arms producer and exporter, already the world's second-largest after the United States.

And that's good news for President Vladimir Putin amid a deepening economic crisis caused by low oil prices, the falling rouble, and Western sanctions imposed over Russia's actions in Ukraine.

The Syrian operation provided an "excellent opportunity to show off the goods", Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Moscow-based Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies, told Al Jazeera.

The operation provided a chance to battle-test "all the last-generation military systems that Russia could not test in military condition - high-precision weaponry, missiles, helicopters, planes and cruise missiles", he said.

The Kommersant daily said last week, quoting Kremlin insiders and military analysts, that the "marketing effect" of the Syrian conflict will boost Russia's arms sales by up to $7bn.

Algeria has bought a dozen Sukhoi Su-32 fighter bombers, an export version of the Su-34 that proved lethally effective in Syria. The new aircraft will replace Algiers' aging fleet of Russian-made MiG-25s....

What I meant was that it is small potatoes as compared to the business US weapons manufacturers are doing.

Forum List

Back