US ‘thinks it knows the Middle East better than we do ourselves’

Perhaps you are not looking. Evidence for it is everywhere. Here is an Israeli intelligence officer stating his preference.

Israeli Intelligence chief: We do not want ISIS defeat in Syria
Are you saying Israel is behind ISIS?

Obviously when two enemies are fighting each other, they don't have much left over to fight you, so I fully understand what he meant.
I am saying that all those in the region that are uncomfortable with Iran's perceived regional gains are behind ISIS. I gave the list.

I am saying that all those in the region that are uncomfortable with Iran's perceived regional gains are behind ISIS. I gave the list.
Disagreed. Sure, there's animosity between Shiites and Sunnis. The only time they aren't fighting each other is when they are fighting infidels.

If Daesh was simply fighting Iranians/Shiites, I could see how the other nations would let it go, but that's not the case as this map shows:

Islamic State and the crisis in Iraq and Syria in maps - BBC News
2016_iraq_syria_control_976_v4.png

It's about strategy. Nitwit.
Thanks for the insult. It tells me you are weak and lack the intellectual capacity to formulate an intelligent reply.

No worries, I've been called a lot worse and it never hurts me. OTOH, the odds are King Abdullah and the other privileged elite of the ME will end up hanging from lampposts like Mussolini are strong. They'll either be hung by Islamic fanatics like Daesh or their own people in revolt.

Look, guy. You are carrying on an argument with yourself. So, maybe you should put the crack pipe down.
Thats his normal MO. You will get use to it and begin to simply ignore his posts when he descends into his zone.

It's about strategy. Nitwit.
Thanks for the insult. It tells me you are weak and lack the intellectual capacity to formulate an intelligent reply.

No worries, I've been called a lot worse and it never hurts me. OTOH, the odds are King Abdullah and the other privileged elite of the ME will end up hanging from lampposts like Mussolini are strong. They'll either be hung by Islamic fanatics like Daesh or their own people in revolt.

Look, guy. You are carrying on an argument with yourself. So, maybe you should put the crack pipe down.
Thats his normal MO. You will get use to it and begin to simply ignore his posts when he descends into his zone.

I'm not even going to mess around. I have been harassed by far better.

The best way to understand the middle east is to look at the enormous degree of inbreeding. When nieces are married off to uncles, and first cousins are married to each other, blood ties trumps ideology.

I think I've heard that before....oh wait. It's a frequently regurgitated anti-semitic canard....Science reveals: Jews fantastically inbred. – Jewlicious THE Jewish Blog - right from a hate site. If you can't find anything else - attack them with inbreeding. What hate site did you get yours from?

for the record-----jews ARE interbred

That the US thinks it understands the Middle East better than people in the region is one of the major problems in Western policy on fighting terrorism, the King of Jordan has said.

Speaking in an interview with CBS' 60 Minutes in Amman, King Abdullah the Second Bin Al Hussein said the world needs to adopt a “global perspective” in combating extremism in both the Middle East and Africa.

“The ethnic makeup of the region is pretty glaringly obvious for us that live in the region, that advisers and think tanks in the West seem to know us better than we supposedly know ourselves,” he said, adding that the inability to see the bigger geopolitical picture hindered the fight against groups such as Isis.

I think the problem with the West is they see a border between Syria and Iraq. Daesh [Isis] does not - and this has been a frustration, I think, for a few of us in this area with our Western coalition partners, for several years. You know, the lawyers get into the act and say, 'But there's an international border.' And we say, 'For God's sake, Isis doesn't work that way,'” he said.

“So if you're looking at it and want to play the game by your rules, knowing that the enemy doesn't, we're not going to win this.”
Jordan’s King Abdullah: US ‘thinks it knows the Middle East better than we do ourselves’

Yep. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

I've had people tell me the answer to problems in other countries is the same as the answer to the problem in the US, because they just assume it's all the same.

The problem, as it is now had it's start with the carving up of the Ottoman Empire by greedy European imperialists, the creation of artificial states that could only be held by autocrats, the meddling of American interests that led to the misbegotten invasion of Iraq. You shouldn't be forcing people who have a long hatred of each other, into artificial states, for the purpose of providing influence and resources for foreign powers.
So what is your solution? Back out and let them slaughter each other?

Do you agree that if Israel was about the fall, they'd go absolutely apeshit and nuke all the Arab capitals in the ME?

Honestly, I don't know WHAT the solution is.

One thing though - it can not come from us alone. It must include the international community and the stable Middle Eastern states.

I don't see how Iraq can continue as one state. Syria - is a blood bath. ISIS was born and thrives in the chaos.

Truely I don't know but when we invaded Iraq, we started a process that is leading the ME into Hell :(

correlation is not causation--------<<<first page kindergarten
"LOGIC"

I see it as a mistake because:
we were utterly clueless and naive as to the reality of the region
it was the first domino that set in place a series of popular revolutions that destabilized the regions
we had no clue none and the arrogance and destruction is unforgiveable.
Disagreed. The problem of people is far older than even the United States, much less our involvement of in the ME.

FWIW, as mentioned on another thread, the first involvement in the ME by the US was 1805 because the Barbary pirates (Muslims) were attacking our cargo ships. We didn't enter the ME as colonialists nor conquerors, but as defenders of our rights to free trade.

Burning_of_the_uss_philadelphia.jpg

51H3mbLvgVL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Something to keep in mind. The issue of the Barbary pirates is always brought up in an attempt to imply that Muslims have always been a problem. Bullshit. Pirates have always been a problem. And pirates are not all Muslim.

Muslims have NOT **ALWAYS** been a problem------the problem with muslims is only 1400 years old

They don't want a stable ME.
"They"? Are you talking about ZOG? The Zionists? Some other conspiracy theory?
Of course the Zionists want the region destabilized, it's no secret. And Zionists are not the only ones, Saudi's, Turks, Qataris and other GCC States want it as well. At least in the near term, to buttress against the Shia expansion which the Iraq war gave rise to.

wrong again----bitch fartimah galvanized the shia expansion

Perhaps you are not looking. Evidence for it is everywhere. Here is an Israeli intelligence officer stating his preference.

Israeli Intelligence chief: We do not want ISIS defeat in Syria
Are you saying Israel is behind ISIS?

Obviously when two enemies are fighting each other, they don't have much left over to fight you, so I fully understand what he meant.

all people in their right minds are uncomfortable with the
imperialist ambitions of Iran

Disagreed. Sure, there's animosity between Shiites and Sunnis. The only time they aren't fighting each other is when they are fighting infidels.

If Daesh was simply fighting Iranians/Shiites, I could see how the other nations would let it go, but that's not the case as this map shows:

Islamic State and the crisis in Iraq and Syria in maps - BBC News
2016_iraq_syria_control_976_v4.png
The desires of those who wish to break down the boarder between Iraq and Syria and set up a salafist principality in its stead plays right into the hands of those who wish to undermine Iran. I'm not seeing your perspective here. Have you looked at a larger map and do you understand the geopolitical implications of Iranian influence on the region after having been handed Iraq on a silver platter.

middleeast.gif

Last edited:
That the US thinks it understands the Middle East better than people in the region is one of the major problems in Western policy on fighting terrorism, the King of Jordan has said.

Speaking in an interview with CBS' 60 Minutes in Amman, King Abdullah the Second Bin Al Hussein said the world needs to adopt a “global perspective” in combating extremism in both the Middle East and Africa.

“The ethnic makeup of the region is pretty glaringly obvious for us that live in the region, that advisers and think tanks in the West seem to know us better than we supposedly know ourselves,” he said, adding that the inability to see the bigger geopolitical picture hindered the fight against groups such as Isis.

I think the problem with the West is they see a border between Syria and Iraq. Daesh [Isis] does not - and this has been a frustration, I think, for a few of us in this area with our Western coalition partners, for several years. You know, the lawyers get into the act and say, 'But there's an international border.' And we say, 'For God's sake, Isis doesn't work that way,'” he said.

“So if you're looking at it and want to play the game by your rules, knowing that the enemy doesn't, we're not going to win this.”
Jordan’s King Abdullah: US ‘thinks it knows the Middle East better than we do ourselves’

I've had people tell me the answer to problems in other countries is the same as the answer to the problem in the US, because they just assume it's all the same.

Like the $2.5 million chicken processing plant in Iraq. Yep. That will fix 'em.

I'm sorry, what's your point?

It isn't about solving problems. There is no desire to solve problems.

Okay, and....?

Okay, and....?

It's about exploitation.

Okay, and....?

It's about exploitation.

Okay.... keep going.....

Forum List

Back