US/Taliban Sign historic peace deal

End 2 decades of it...............yup...........we need to get the hell out.....

Will the Taliban keep their word...........Doubt it.....

End 2 decades of it...............yup...........we need to get the hell out.....

Will the Taliban keep their word...........Doubt it.....

I agree, they probably will not. But they never were going to so why keep waiting for it to happen. Time to quit throwing away lives of our troops.

I guess. We've just pretty much turned the country over to the Taliban after spending trillions of dollars there.

Graveyard of Empires, indeed.

Of course, the Trump cult will turn an abject surrender into a "victory".

Anything that gets our troops out is a victory, that you cannot see that is a crying shame.

America joins the loser category, along with the Greeks, British, and Russians, for failing to conquer the Afghan people and exiting the country with tail tucked between its legs. .. :cool:

Interesting take, but you can't beat an enemy if you never actually fight a war and western nations now constrain themselves from actually fighting real war. ITMT, the agreement demands that they can no longer consort with or allow various terror groups to operate in the country. I wouldn't exactly call that a loss. Now we shall see how it works out.

And we get to pull out and bring our boys home and quit wasting money there. Another win for us.

Or maybe you'd like us to just spend another 750 billion there or blow the living shit out of the whole country?

ITMT, had we just spent that same money here on our 30,000,000 most poor and needy to help raise them out of poverty instead of having nothing to show for it there, we could have given 30 million of our most destitute and deserving each $25,000.

That is what staying in Afghanistan all these years has cost us.

And Trump is putting an end to it.

Bombing and invading an entire country and spending a trillion dollars and the deaths of thousands of soldiers looking for 1 man was beyond idiotic. ... :cool:

It wasn't all for one man. It was to deny terrorists a sanctuary, and a launching pad.
AFG was terrorist central for AQ, ISIS, and all the bonehead crazies.
The Taliban took exception to our invasion of their turf and poppy business.
Now we're leaving, so yeah, it was idiotic.
Trump's wall and closed borders make much more sense.

Only the undertakers win in War.............

Staying there permanently is beyond stupid..............And we don't fight to win anymore.........as that would have required us STOMPING Pakistan into the ground like a Tent Stake..............but we no longer do that now do we......

One day they may go too far and we take the gloves off.........They will not be happy if that happens, and we actually fight it like a War.

I remember the government touting the "Peace with Honor", we actually won in Vietnam spin, while we were desperately fleeing the country.

The same BS jive is being spoon feed to the American public. ... :cool:

We weren't there to "win a war." We went to Afghanistan to fight terrorists on their soil, instead of fighting them here on our own.

Taliban - 0, America - 1.

al-Qaeda never had more than 200 soldiers in Afghanistan, and the Taliban had no Air force or Navy.

But our government claimed we had to fight them over there, so we wouldn't be invaded over here. ... :cuckoo:

America joins the loser category, along with the Greeks, British, and Russians, for failing to conquer the Afghan people and exiting the country with tail tucked between its legs. .. :cool:
You're right.

We should have depopulated the entire country. Is that what you are saying?

I see besides watching and cheering the econ tank by fake fear. I see besides wanting a pandemic here for political purposes.

The libs are hating getting out of that god damned mistake, Afghanistan.

Interesting take, but you can't beat an enemy if you never actually fight a war and western nations now constrain themselves from actually fighting real war. ITMT, the agreement demands that they can no longer consort with or allow various terror groups to operate in the country. I wouldn't exactly call that a loss. Now we shall see how it works out.

And we get to pull out and bring our boys home and quit wasting money there. Another win for us.

Or maybe you'd like us to just spend another 750 billion there or blow the living shit out of the whole country?

18 years and we are leaving with the guys we were fighting still in power. How you call it a win is a sign you’re crazy.

The only “win” is we’re leaving. Something we could have done on day one of the blob’s Presidency. He gets zero credit

One hopes this treaty will mark the real end to that war and all it's casualties on all sides. I'd just as soon see ALL of our guys outta there, but this is still a good thing to give peace chance.
Agreed, but when you have the combination of pure 7th century zealots, incompetent Afghan leadership and uncommitted Afghan military, I'm not optimistic. it doesn't look promising.

This is why the democommiecrats started the corona hoax. They have to drive this out of the media.

Can you imagine the adoration from the Politburo if the kenyan lawn jockey had crafted this historic peace deal.... LOL, as if....

Meanwhile, Zero and Big Mike are playing "pull my finger" in one of their million dollar mansions and probably aren't even aware of it. Or wouldn't understand it anyway.

Forum List

Back