US is more energy independent than ever

I'm sure we can all agree this is good for America.
Yeah, Joe Biden's propaganda machine is working full force, while everyone who has a combustion engine, KNOWS, better.

If there is any drilling, it isnt because of the asshole biden.

Yeah, Joe Biden's propaganda machine is working full force, while everyone who has a combustion engine, KNOWS, better.

Dump didn't control drilling, nor did Obama nor BabyBush

Forbes is part of the Biden propaganda machine?

Your examples do not refute the assertion of the article.

I'm sure we can all agree this is good for America.
But the OP's definition is not what most Americans think energy independence means.

"This definition of energy independence — producing more than we consume — will be the definition I use here."

Most, imo, think energy independence means that if there were an oil embargo tomorrow, we could demand that oil from US fields only go to the US consumer. THAT imo is impossible because US corporations drill overseas as well. As dumbass kyzr even notices, (see Mohammed bin Salman interview with Bret Baier. Is MBS evil?, a visionary?, duplicitous? or a dependable ally (Poll) post 16)

That imo is a pipedream (-: since US corporations exist to make profit. But if we actually reduce the amt of oil we use ..... then it would be a possibly different picture. But I imagine the progressives would not even be happy if we used NG until we can move to hydrogen or, perhaps more likely, can use solar and wind to reduce the amt of NG

Last edited:
I call bullshit on Forbes' article. West TX crude is light/sweet. The US is dealing with Biden's "war on energy", including shutting down pipelines, refineries, permits, and drilling. Just look at the price of gas today compared to 2020. The number of drilling rigs is dropping, so oil production will drop. Look at the price of a BBL of oil today, $90/bbl, soon to be over $100 when winter demand hits.
Democrats can keep saying there is no oil shortage, but the price says otherwise.

1695396839540.png

Last edited:
Nice. Now could the price of fuel be lowered.
It was not a factor in 2019 or 2020. Gas prices rose after it first happened. The only thing lowering prices was the pandemic's shutdown of the world's economies.

Forbes is part of the Biden propaganda machine?

Your examples do not refute the assertion of the article.
Oh but they do. Here is tangible proof:
Go to a gas station and pump gas for $1.67 a gal. because that's what we paid while being energy independent. If you cannot find gas for that amount then you know that we are no longer energy independent and are back to paying OPEC prices...

I call bullshit on Forbes' article. West TX crude is light/sweet. The US is dealing with Biden's "war on energy", including shutting down pipelines, refineries, permits, and drilling. Just look at the price of gas today compared to 2020. The number of drilling rigs is dropping, so oil production will drop. Look at the price of a BBL of oil today, $90/bbl, soon to be over $100 when winter demand hits.
Democrats can keep saying there is no oil shortage, but the price says otherwise.

View attachment 832662

None of this refutes the fact that we produce more energy than we consume.

Oh but they do. Here is tangible proof:
Go to a gas station and pump gas for $1.67 a gal. because that's what we paid while being energy independent. If you cannot find gas for that amount then you know that we are no longer energy independent and are back to paying OPEC prices...

No. Gas station prices do not reflect the fact that produce more energy than we consume.

Forum List

Back