US is more energy independent than ever

Our economy is not in dire straights. Unemployment is low. Inflation is problem, but we have seen a lot worse. Overall, not booming, but compared with the rest of the world we are doing pretty well.

Helping to defend a democracy next door to Europe against an Illegal invasion by an authoritarian country is not foolish. Especially when that democracy is willing to step up to the plate and fight for their democracy.
So..... a national debt of 33T and counting isn't a problem?

Because saying we are better off than the rest of the world isn't reassuring or a ringing endorsement of the economy's health.

Doctor to patient who has 6 months to live.... You are doing great. You are going to live twice as long as my last patient.

Gee... thanks, doc.

I remember how the Chaos Caucus bounced the idea around their vast echo chamber that under Joe Biden's policies the US was no longer energy independent like we was under Trumpyberra. Now you want to pretend our increasing energy independence under Joe Biden is irrelevant.
It never ceases to amaze me why anyone would believe presidents control so many things. It's silly.

It never ceases to amaze me why anyone would believe presidents control so many things. It's silly.
Well it was a milestone for the Oil Patch but it's just on paper. We are still and have been very much oil dependent, under all presidents in the last 70 years or so. We have gotten closer to neutral, but due to the type of oil produced at various location around the globe and the refineries that are geared to a specific type of oil, we will always import and export oil

Well it was a milestone for the Oil Patch but it's just on paper. We are still and have been very much oil dependent, under all presidents in the last 70 years or so. We have gotten closer to neutral, but due to the type of oil produced at various location around the globe and the refineries that are geared to a specific type of oil, we will always import and export oil
I’ve worked in the oil and gas industry for over 37 years. There’s very little that any administration has done that has affected that market or domestic production. It’s a global market.

But yes, we will continue to export and import oil until WWIII. Then we will very quickly switch to natural gas.

So..... a national debt of 33T and counting isn't a problem?

Because saying we are better off than the rest of the world isn't reassuring or a ringing endorsement of the economy's health.

Doctor to patient who has 6 months to live.... You are doing great. You are going to live twice as long as my last patient.

Gee... thanks, doc.

I never said that wasn't a problem.

Allowing an authoritarian country to invade another democratic country for no reason other than annexing it, right next door to Europe is a problem as well.

I’ve worked in the oil and gas industry for over 37 years. There’s very little that any administration has done that has affected that market or domestic production. It’s a global market.

But yes, we will continue to export and import oil until WWIII. Then we will very quickly switch to natural gas.

My father was a geophysicist who started out in the 50's hustling jugs in the Louisiana swamps on what they call a Quarter Boat, and ended as a senior geophysicist when Williams shut down their exploration unit. He did several years of consulting after that.

I never said that wasn't a problem.

Allowing an authoritarian country to invade another democratic country for no reason other than annexing it, right next door to Europe is a problem as well.
Wait... countries can get approval to invade other countries? No, they can't. They just do it. And they don't care if anyone else thinks they have a god reason to do it or not. They do it because they can. Been going on for thousands of years.

Not sure what that has to do with the economy doing well or not though. There's a problem here. Ignore it if you want. The national debt and inflation aren't two separate problems.

My father was a geophysicist who started out in the 50's hustling jugs in the Louisiana swamps on what they call a Quarter Boat, and ended as a senior geophysicist when Williams shut down their exploration unit. He did several years of consulting after that.
It's a well paying industry.

Wait... countries can get approval to invade other countries? No, they can't. They just do it. And they don't care if anyone else thinks they have a god reason to do it or not. They do it because they can. Been going on for thousands of years.

Not sure what that has to do with the economy doing well or not though. There's a problem here. Ignore it if you want. The national debt and inflation aren't two separate problems.

And history shows many good reasons for stopping countries that do that.

And history shows many good reasons for stopping countries that do that.
Those things usually work themselves out on their own. Or do you think we are the world police or something? Still not seeing the linkage to what we were talking about though.

$4.90 for regular in Easter Washington. If Presidents don't control the price of gasoline, then someone should tell Joe to SFU about getting prices lowered.

Forum List

Back