US election survey!

Which candidate did you vote for in the 2016 US presidential election?

The CIA guy.

The Obama administration was generally effective and successful.

Agree.

Before the election, you were optimistic about economic opportunities and future prospects.

Yes.

The mainstream media is a reliable source of current events and information.

Not CNN or Fox or MSNBC. Ok with NBC, ABC, CBS, and PBS.

The US government should prioritize the needs of its citizens over foreign nationals.

Agree.

Terrorism, particularly Islamic fundamentalism, is a threat that demands an aggressive, hawkish response.

Agree.

Minorities, ethnic or otherwise, should be given special consideration such as quotas and affirmative action.

Disagree.

Which US State are you from?

Florida.

What is your level of education?

1 M.S., 2 B.S.

What sort of community did you grow up in?

Military housing.

Which race/ethnicity do you identify with?

Lily white.

What is your gender?

Manly man.

What is your religious affiliation?

Knights Templar Catholic.

Sheesh....................where better to get data like that but from people on a political message board?
my thoughts exactly, which is why I jumped in here.

I want to learn about national politics, which means if I stick to one community or state, I won't get the big picture. I'm interested in opinions from people all over the US, especially because the country is so divided politically.

Well, you might wanna include that you prefer US voters, because this board has people on it from all over the world. We've got Brits, Canadians, and a whole bunch of other people from other countries.

If you're looking for US voter input, you might wanna specify that in your OP.

It also, like any internet politics board, can be expected by definition to skew heavily to the disgruntled grumpy-old-man set. So there's that.

Strange that we never saw a single survey like this back in 08. Are lefties still trying to come to grips with reality?

Strange that some klown would suggest this is the first post-election poll he's ever seen.

Some people --- walk around with their eyes slammed shut and conclude it must be "nigthttime".

Hi, this is a brief political survey (13 questions long) about the recent US presidential election, for those interested. I want to learn a little more about those who voted (that is, Americans who were eligible):

US Political Survey

This survey is strictly voluntary, you may choose to complete it at your discretion. Your personal identity will not be revealed or questioned in any way. Information gathered will be stored securely and used for research purposes only. By clicking the link, you accept all risks and benefits of completing the questionnaire. Thank you for your participation.
(btw, this is not spam, I'm doing independent research).

hopefully this is permissible. if you have any questions or comments, I'm happy to respond.

Short and sweet, maybe too short to tell much.

The term "mainstream media" doesn't really spell out what it means. Could have used a "yes and no" option.

I skipped the questions on race and religion. I always refuse those, on ever survey including the census. The first is a distinction I'd like to see disappear into obscurity and the second is entirely personal, both being irrelevant. Matter of fact to this day I have never figured out why Wikipedia commonly lists "religion" in its bio sidebar for politicians. Might as well list "shoe size" too.

The rest was rather basic. Not sure how much useful info you're going to glean, except maybe about the population of this site.

Just wanted to say, I've posted elsewhere, and this site is one of the most receptive and thoughtful of them all! there were a few that yelled at me and banned me just for posting this, but that's how it is when you try to reach out.

This site is more relax than most sites which you will discover. It lean more Conservative in my opinion and I am Libertarian when writing this.

Just wanted to say, I've posted elsewhere, and this site is one of the most receptive and thoughtful of them all! there were a few that yelled at me and banned me just for posting this, but that's how it is when you try to reach out.
Absolutely. I have been banned from MOST if not all political forums. City-Data forum I have been banned from over 50 times lol...its so easy to make a new name though so its fun to troll them. Stormfront been banned there MANY times I don't even bother registering again place is full of cucks. There are a few other white nationalist or white nationalist leaning forums I still post on rarely.

This is finished, since I've got all the data I need. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Short and sweet, maybe too short to tell much.

The term "mainstream media" doesn't really spell out what it means. Could have used a "yes and no" option.

I skipped the questions on race and religion. I always refuse those, on ever survey including the census. The first is a distinction I'd like to see disappear into obscurity and the second is entirely personal, both being irrelevant. Matter of fact to this day I have never figured out why Wikipedia commonly lists "religion" in its bio sidebar for politicians. Might as well list "shoe size" too.

The rest was rather basic. Not sure how much useful info you're going to glean, except maybe about the population of this site.

the info I'm collecting will be used alongside other research relating to the populist uprising we've seen throughout the West.

I agree that race is a social fiction, but it's one that has cultural influence, which is why it's included. Religion is not only about personal belief, but also about cultural background, eg I was raised Catholic but my beliefs are closest to Deism. I agree that those categories are not particularly relevant, but it's typical practice to have a couple control values when making a measurement.

The choices are too limited for the questions you ask.

I know what you mean, but I think most people on one side of the fence or the other would know whether to agree or disagree. I wanted to paint in broad strokes while maintaining brevity.

Absolutely. I have been banned from MOST if not all political forums. City-Data forum I have been banned from over 50 times lol...its so easy to make a new name though so its fun to troll them. Stormfront been banned there MANY times I don't even bother registering again place is full of cucks. There are a few other white nationalist or white nationalist leaning forums I still post on rarely.

I'm not surprised. alot of forum communities out there are ridiculous, with members who flip out over anything along with trigger-happy mods. I mean, if posting a survey in a relevant forum is against the rules, that's fine, but you don't have to freak out and ban my IP on the first offense. I can say that yetanotherpoliticsboard dot yuku dot com and thepoliticsforums dot com were the worst offenders.

stormfront is pretty hilarious from what I've seen. from checking your sig, I can see that we have very different opinions and worldviews. but that's ok.

I might go ahead and make a regular account to post now that I'm done with this. thanks again.

This survey is strictly voluntary
It's also closed and upon arriving at the website, no survey results are displayed. Apparently it wasn't well conceived or executed, unless, perhaps, there never was any intention of broadly sharing the survey's results.

It's also closed and upon arriving at the website, no survey results are displayed. Apparently it wasn't well conceived or executed, unless, perhaps, there never was any intention of broadly sharing the survey's results.

I can't imagine there would have been much to find out from it anyway, being such a small sample, short time frame and dearth of depth.

Hi, this is a brief political survey (13 questions long) about the recent US presidential election, for those interested. I want to learn a little more about those who voted (that is, Americans who were eligible):

US Political Survey

This survey is strictly voluntary, you may choose to complete it at your discretion. Your personal identity will not be revealed or questioned in any way. Information gathered will be stored securely and used for research purposes only. By clicking the link, you accept all risks and benefits of completing the questionnaire. Thank you for your participation.
(btw, this is not spam, I'm doing independent research).

hopefully this is permissible. if you have any questions or comments, I'm happy to respond.

Dead in 1 day? That's all she wrote? What now, brown cow?

it's closed because I have all the data I need. the website is just a google form used for submission. I may post results in here later if you guys are interested. also, this site won't let me edit the OP post, so pardon me for that.

I can't imagine there would have been much to find out from it anyway, being such a small sample, short time frame and dearth of depth.

I posted on many sites over the past couple weeks. time-frame isn't too relevant, since I'm taking a "snapshot" rather than measuring how opinions changed over time.
as for lack of depth, I hit upon the major points I needed to, and I wanted to keep it brief.

You're likely right, but it'd be nice to know whether a "miracle" happened.

You're likely right, but it'd be nice to know whether a "miracle" happened.

again, this is not the only site I posted on.

I've got the sample I needed, I'll post about results later.

I'm much more interested in the non-citizens who voted.

election fraud is a contentious issue, but that's not my current focus.
again, this is not the only site I posted on.
I read that when last you indicated as much to me, albeit after I'd posted the comment above and to which you in reply shared the same information.

pardon me, I've been busy. Here are some things I've learned:

Hillary voters were overrepresented in my results, with a slight overall majority (53%). third party voters were also overrepresented, to a lesser extent (they took up about 1/4 of the total, with Trump voters being slightly under 1/4).

as expected, Trump voters were very anti-establishment, while Hillary voters were for the political establishment. in particular, Trump voters tended to strongly agree or disagree, while Hillary voters clustered around moderate agree/disagree. There was little overlap between Trump and Hillary voters, except for the issue of putting American nationals first -- but even there, Trump voters strongly agreed as opposed to a moderate agree from Hillary voters. On all other issues, they were polarized.

There was very little overlap between Trump and Hillary voters. Trump in particular stood apart from everyone else. This was also somewhat true of Hillary, the main exception being Jill Stein (who may have siphoned off some of her votes).
Third Party voters had significant overlap with each other. they are mainly distinguished by avoidance of the two mainstream candidates (except for Hillary/Stein). Their views on the political establishment fell in the middle between the Trump and Hillary camps.

Education, Race, and Gender were NOT found to be significant, in spite of assumptions I've seen to the contrary. in fact, urban voters tended to be more anti-establishment than rural/suburban voters.

Christian Evangelicals were far more anti-establishment than everyone else. Protestants shared this to a lesser extent. everyone else was average and undistinguishable.

Most respondents were caucasian, male, suburban, and non-religious, which is probably an artifact from sampling online. education had a normal distribution.

Forum List

Back