US election survey!

anonymous201

Rookie
May 4, 2017
Hi, this is a brief political survey (13 questions long) about the recent US presidential election, for those interested. I want to learn a little more about those who voted (that is, Americans who were eligible):

US Political Survey

This survey is strictly voluntary, you may choose to complete it at your discretion. Your personal identity will not be revealed or questioned in any way. Information gathered will be stored securely and used for research purposes only. By clicking the link, you accept all risks and benefits of completing the questionnaire. Thank you for your participation.
(btw, this is not spam, I'm doing independent research).

hopefully this is permissible. if you have any questions or comments, I'm happy to respond.

Last edited:
Is this a totally blind survey where you gather zero personal information on those who participate?

And, what kind of questions are they? What do the questions cover?

I might be interested.

Is this a totally blind survey where you gather zero personal information on those who participate?

And, what kind of questions are they? What do the questions cover?

I might be interested.

yes, it's anonymous. I ask a few demographics related questions, but nothing too intrusive. You don't have to put any identifying details. I also ask who you voted for, since I want to learn about how people voted.

the questions tackle the political establishment, the media, economy, domestic and foreign policy in broad strokes. the idea is to get a sense of your overall views compared to how you voted.

Thanks for your interest.

Strange that we never saw a single survey like this back in 08. Are lefties still trying to come to grips with reality?

Strange that we never saw a single survey like this back in 08. Are lefties still trying to come to grips with reality?

Ever consider that the OP just joined today? Says so in their little avatar box.

Do you have to piss all over EVERYTHING? I've seen several people on here looking for help with their research. Some have even put out on these boards that they are looking for their dream job, as in the case of someone who posted about being a graphic design artist.

Sheesh....................where better to get data like that but from people on a political message board?

Sheesh....................where better to get data like that but from people on a political message board?
my thoughts exactly, which is why I jumped in here.

I want to learn about national politics, which means if I stick to one community or state, I won't get the big picture. I'm interested in opinions from people all over the US, especially because the country is so divided politically.

my thoughts exactly, which is why I jumped in here.

I want to learn about national politics, which means if I stick to one community or state, I won't get the big picture. I'm interested in opinions from people all over the US, especially because the country is so divided politically.

Well, you might wanna include that you prefer US voters, because this board has people on it from all over the world. We've got Brits, Canadians, and a whole bunch of other people from other countries.

If you're looking for US voter input, you might wanna specify that in your OP.

Well, you might wanna include that you prefer US voters, because this board has people on it from all over the world. We've got Brits, Canadians, and a whole bunch of other people from other countries.

If you're looking for US voter input, you might wanna specify that in your OP.

a good point, although I did specify the US election to avoid confusion. I'll edit.

Okay Anonymous201, I took your survey, and it was pretty painless.

Small suggestion.............you might want to add another question, because you asked how people felt BEFORE the election, but you might also want to put in another question to ask how they felt AFTER the election.

I know that you would have quite a few voters who picked Hillary that felt hopeful before the election, but were feeling quite distraught after Trump took the vote.

Hope that input helps.

Decent survey by the way. Took less than 3 min to fill out and submit. I like short surveys.

The long ones are the ones that piss me off.

OH! Another possible question you might want to include is what state do you currently live in, as well as what state are you from, because the US has shifting demographics. Me? I'm originally from Montana, but I now live in Texas.

good points, thanks.

yep, I don't like slogging through long surveys either, especially when it keeps leading you on with "just one more page!" that's why I kept it succinct.

Just wanted to say, I've posted elsewhere, and this site is one of the most receptive and thoughtful of them all! there were a few that yelled at me and banned me just for posting this, but that's how it is when you try to reach out.

Hi, this is a brief political survey (13 questions long) about the recent US presidential election, for those interested. I want to learn a little more about those who voted (that is, Americans who were eligible):

US Political Survey

This survey is strictly voluntary, you may choose to complete it at your discretion. Your personal identity will not be revealed or questioned in any way. Information gathered will be stored securely and used for research purposes only. By clicking the link, you accept all risks and benefits of completing the questionnaire. Thank you for your participation.
(btw, this is not spam, I'm doing independent research).

hopefully this is permissible. if you have any questions or comments, I'm happy to respond.
How do we know this is not that viral Google link ??

Why don't you just list your 13 questions below ??

I smell a rat !!

I understand your concern. it's just my luck that the phishing nonsense would happen RIGHT when I'm doing this.

phishing links are mainly in email, and they ask you to grant permissions. that is NOT the case here, my link just goes to the forms with no permissions dialogs.

by request, I'll post the questions. I'm requesting folks to fill out the form because that makes it far easier to tabulate results.

Which candidate did you vote for in the 2016 US presidential election?
The Obama administration was generally effective and successful.
Before the election, you were optimistic about economic opportunities and future prospects.
The mainstream media is a reliable source of current events and information.
The US government should prioritize the needs of its citizens over foreign nationals.
Terrorism, particularly Islamic fundamentalism, is a threat that demands an aggressive, hawkish response.
Minorities, ethnic or otherwise, should be given special consideration such as quotas and affirmative action.
Which US State are you from?
What is your level of education?
What sort of community did you grow up in?
Which race/ethnicity do you identify with?
What is your gender?
What is your religious affiliation?

Forum List

Back