US consumer confidence gains more than forecast

Oh so this is only christmans numbers?

what were last years "christmas" numbers?

Now realize that this is a consumer confidence number you silly git.

Oh so this is only christmans numbers?

what were last years "christmas" numbers?

Now realize that this is a consumer confidence number you silly git.

Speaking of confidence, I am quite confident you're the biggest dumbfuck on USMB.
Anyone else feel confident of that?

All this 'consumer confidence'.... what's it based on? Hot fucking air.

Again: for the stupid kid at the back of the class. If we do not address the massive imbalance between production and consumption... we have not fixed the economy. How this basic economic fact is above the intellectual pay grade of anyone is beyond me. I know some people are not very smart but... seriously... how can anyone be that stupid?

:lol: If I am, then I am in really good company. Because some of the world best, most respected economists agree with me.

Partisan hacks agree with you.

I'll take my 'stupid' over yours every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. I'm smarter than you when I'm asleep.

keep telling yourself how smart you are its really impressive

You called me stupid for stating that we need to address our massive imbalance between what we consume and what we produce.... And you think anyone other than a moron is gonna see you as smarter than me? Seriously?

OK.:lol::lol:

Seriously, it is funny. I am amused. Highly amused. Being smarter than you does not make me smart - it means you are so incredibly stupid that a fucking rock would feel superior in intellect.

Get the fuck OVER your silly self superiority flaws and come back and tell us what you think AFTER you have learned to breath without having to dream of the pain of others to see yourself as worthy of respect.

You are Dumb Cali.

Not because you dont have available brain cells for the task of thought but because you are a brainwashed fool who sees the world throught the spectrum of selfishness well ingrained in you since birth.

who is it that buys the most things they dont need?

You called me stupid for stating that we need to address our massive imbalance between what we consume and what we produce.... And you think anyone other than a moron is gonna see you as smarter than me? Seriously?

Seriously, it is funny. I am amused. Highly amused. Being smarter than you does not make me smart - it means you are so incredibly stupid that a fucking rock would feel superior in intellect.

Get the fuck OVER your silly self superiority flaws and come back and tell us what you think AFTER you have learned to breath without having to dream of the pain of others to see yourself as worthy of respect.

You are Dumb Cali.

Not because you dont have available brain cells for the task of thought but because you are a brainwashed fool who sees the world throught the spectrum of selfishness well ingrained in you since birth.

This is your new tactic? Calling other people dumb?
Christ - that's fucking rich.
A fucking vacuum cleaner has more brains than you do. Hell, at least it serves a useful purpose. What's your useful purpose, other than serving as the Village Idiot?

Americans.

Again: for the stupid kid at the back of the class. If we do not address the massive imbalance between production and consumption... we have not fixed the economy. How this basic economic fact is above the intellectual pay grade of anyone is beyond me. I know some people are not very smart but... seriously... how can anyone be that stupid?

Consumer confidence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Usage

Investors, manufacturers, retailers, banks and government agencies use various assessments of consumer confidence in planning their actions. The ability to predict major changes in consumer confidence allows businesses to gauge the willingness of consumers to make new purchases. As a result, businesses can adjust their operations and the government can prepare for changing tax revenue. If confidence is dropping and consumers are expected to reduce their spending, most producers will tend to reduce their production volumes accordingly. For example, if manufacturers anticipate consumers will reduce retail purchases, especially for expensive and durable goods, they will cut down their inventories in advance and may delay investing in new projects and facilities. Similarly, if banks expect consumers to decrease their spending, they will prepare for the reduction in lending activities, such as mortgage applications and credit card use. Builders will plan for the decline in home construction volumes. The government will get ready for the reduction in future tax revenues. On the other hand, if consumer confidence is improving, people are expected to increase their purchases of goods and services. In anticipation of that change, manufacturers can boost production and inventories. Large employers can increase hiring rates. Builders can prepare for higher housing construction rates. Banks can plan for a rise in demand for credit products. Government can expect improved tax revenues based on the increase in consumer spending.

You are Dumb Cali.

This is your new tactic? Calling other people dumb?
Christ - that's fucking rich.
A fucking vacuum cleaner has more brains than you do. Hell, at least it serves a useful purpose. What's your useful purpose, other than serving as the Village Idiot?

I honestly don't mind being called 'dumb'. I am not perfect, I'm certainly capable of saying something stupid.... for TruffMocker to call me 'dumb' is actually very funny... in the context in which she said it. I'm 'dumb' because I see the importance of a stable economy as more important than 'consumer confidence' during a traditionally high consumer confidence period. :lol::lol::lol:

But, notice, she resorts to insulting my upbringing to do it? What was it that Mitt said about envy. Looks like Mitt had a point.

the wealthy buy the most things they dont need.

Now you have been proven to be wrong about consumer confidence numbers meaning nothing while you continue to PRETEND they mean nothing purely for political hack reasons.

Then you say buying what we dont need is why this country failed.

The people who buy the most things they dont need are the wealthy.

the people who only buy what they need are the poor.

Why do you hate the poor and love the wealthy after what you said?

Why do you blame the poor for what happened?

Consumer confidence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Usage

Investors, manufacturers, retailers, banks and government agencies use various assessments of consumer confidence in planning their actions. The ability to predict major changes in consumer confidence allows businesses to gauge the willingness of consumers to make new purchases. As a result, businesses can adjust their operations and the government can prepare for changing tax revenue. If confidence is dropping and consumers are expected to reduce their spending, most producers will tend to reduce their production volumes accordingly. For example, if manufacturers anticipate consumers will reduce retail purchases, especially for expensive and durable goods, they will cut down their inventories in advance and may delay investing in new projects and facilities. Similarly, if banks expect consumers to decrease their spending, they will prepare for the reduction in lending activities, such as mortgage applications and credit card use. Builders will plan for the decline in home construction volumes. The government will get ready for the reduction in future tax revenues. On the other hand, if consumer confidence is improving, people are expected to increase their purchases of goods and services. In anticipation of that change, manufacturers can boost production and inventories. Large employers can increase hiring rates. Builders can prepare for higher housing construction rates. Banks can plan for a rise in demand for credit products. Government can expect improved tax revenues based on the increase in consumer spending.

I'm aware of what it means.

It is a pity that you are not aware of anything unless wiki explains it to you.

Idiot.

Cali you just claimed the wealthy caused this mess and the poor had nothing to do with it.

And here come the clucking chickens to cavail until they can prevail.

At least in their own minds

American Consumers

Confidence among U.S. consumers increased more than forecast in January, reaching its highest level in eight months on signs the labor market is improving.

The Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan preliminary index of consumer sentiment climbed to 74 from 69.9 at the end of December. The median estimate in a Bloomberg News survey called for 71.5. The measure has increased 9.9 points in the last two months, the biggest such gain since April-May 2009.

The lowest jobless rate in almost three years and cheaper gasoline prices since mid-2011 are giving Americans reason to be more upbeat. While the pickup in optimism will probably help sustain household purchases, limited wage gains and falling real estate values may temper the consumer spending that accelerated in the fourth quarter.

cheaper gasoline prices

:cuckoo:
Gasoline prices have been steadily rising. Last week, gas prices crossed the $3 mark for the first time since October 2008. According to AAA figures, prices are up 4% from a month ago and 16% from the $2.585 average a year ago.

A study from the Oil Price Information Service estimates drivers will spend $305 on gasoline in December. According to the study, fuel prices are up 13.6% from last December and 76% higher from December 2008.

$5 for a gallon of gasoline in 2012 - Dec. 27, 2010

the wealthy buy the most things they dont need.

Now you have been proven to be wrong about consumer confidence numbers meaning nothing while you continue to PRETEND they mean nothing purely for political hack reasons.

Then you say buying what we dont need is why this country failed.

The people who buy the most things they dont need are the wealthy.

the people who only buy what they need are the poor.

Why do you hate the poor and love the wealthy after what you said?

Why do you blame the poor for what happened?

That is about the most Retarded claim I have seen you make. Seek help.

Forum List

Back