US consumer confidence gains more than forecast

And banks insisting they they can afford them and LOANING them money to buy these said houses and then selling the default sure loan to some unsuspecting investor at a profit knowing that eventtually all these loans will explode and distroy the economy.

That was the cause.

No one would have bought the homes they couldnt afford if the banks had made up a sceme in which they could make money off the action.

Fannie and Freddie set the standards

And banks insisting they they can afford them and LOANING them money to buy these said houses and then selling the default sure loan to some unsuspecting investor at a profit knowing that eventtually all these loans will explode and distroy the economy.

That was the cause.

No one would have bought the homes they couldnt afford if the banks had made up a sceme in which they could make money off the action.

Fannie and Freddie set the standards

HUD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1M1T2Y314]How The Democrats Caused The Financial Crisis: Starring Bill Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo And Barack Obama; With Special Guest Appearances By Bill Clinton And Jimmy Carter - YouTube[/ame]
How The Democrats Caused The Financial Crisis: Starring Bill Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo And

That was the cause.

Now, see, there's where you are losing touch with reality (assuming you ever had it). It was not the Banks insisting people borrow money. No bank can force you to borrow money. They cannot 'insist' that you take out a loan you cannot afford.

But... the government did force banks to offer loans to people who could not afford those loans. Unions (like the SEIU) also applied pressure to banks to open up home lending to those who couldn't afford it. (They even 'occupied' the banks to force them to do that). ACORN was involved too.

Your dishonesty is ridiculous on this. Absolutely ridiculous.

Both sides - Democrats and Republicans - helped cause the housing crisis. But... if we had maintained a strong manufacturing and production base in this country - the housing crisis would have been far less impactive than it was.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fqCS7Y_kME&feature=related]Archie Bunker on Democrats - YouTube[/ame]
Archie Bunker on Democrats

That was the cause.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vNk4K3YaIc]Christopher Walken's Three Little Pigs - YouTube[/ame]
Christopher Walken's Three Little Pigs

If we encourage a false 'consumer confidence' what are we actually doing to the country?

Those consumer go out and 'consume'. Where are the products that they consume coming from? Where is that money going? Is it staying in our country? If not, what good is it really doing for the country?

If we encourage a false 'consumer confidence' what are we actually doing to the country?

Those consumer go out and 'consume'. Where are the products that they consume coming from? Where is that money going? Is it staying in our country? If not, what good is it really doing for the country?

I agree that deep down at the root, trade deficit is our biggest problem. It's unusual and refreshing to hear a right-leaning individual proclaim that, or even acknowledge that it's a problem at all!

But consumer confidence, false or otherwise, is always good. The economy is funny that way. If enough people 'Think' it's getting better, it does in fact get better.

I agree that deep down at the root, trade deficit is our biggest problem. It's unusual and refreshing to hear a right-leaning individual proclaim that, or even acknowledge that it's a problem at all!

But consumer confidence, false or otherwise, is always good. The economy is funny that way. If enough people 'Think' it's getting better, it does in fact get better.

I've repeatedly said it for a long time. People ignore the hard stuff and look for easy - mainly partisan - answers... and, quite frankly, there are no easy answers to this. There is a solution - but it would take more courage than I believe is possible in America.

Anyone with a reasonable grasp of economics (and I don't say that to infer that people are stupid - but real economics is hard - its complicated and requires factoring in a lot of different issues)..... but a decent understanding of the importance of global trade and a study of the massive imbalances should scare the living crap out of any sensible individual.

A recovery based on 'thinking' it's better will lead to yet another clusterfuck.

Last edited:

Problem for me is I can't believe the Republicans either. They all lie.

Bottom line, spend wisely. Have a reserve. Watch your addictions. Too much manipulation going on.

About the only things I can say for sure, is it is not over, the worse has not hit yet......
that..... and.....

Stay the Fuck Off of Italian Luxury Liners, unless you have a death wish. What is it with them? When are their crews not the first off when there is a problem? It makes me ashamed of my Heritage. The Gang that couldn't shoot straight. Shame on them.

...your chart is old
Here's another--
consumer_sentiment.gif

--so while the current level is down from last year at least it's above the all time lows we've been having.

Let's celebrate.

yeah well Editec
, you won't mind if i wear my lifejacket while i'm listening to it all....

~S~

Go ahead.

scream 'were all going to die" if it calms your little nerves.

The adults will be gathering together to win the fight while you dry your tears and blow your nose.

I am truly sick to death of hearing this repetitive post holiday consumer confidence crap this time every year TM

you want my (or anyone with a lick of sense) confidence?

stop the outsourcing

start manufacturing in America

gimme us a tax structure the common man can understand, without holes one can buy out of

get some serious VAT in the works

stop citizens united vs. the fec from greasing those with no allegiance to America

and that's just for sarters, oh yeah, almost fergot, throw Santa in the closest volcano if he ever has anything economic to say

~S~

Sharp Rises in Food Prices is not good. Wake up.

That was the cause.

No one would have bought the homes they couldne afford if the banks had made up a sceme in witch they could make money of the action.

Do you really thinks banks are in business to not make money off of the loans they issue?

Also, please prove your claim that the banks KNEW that the loans would "eventtually" "distroy" the economy

Banks that were bundling bonds comprised of RE mortgages, and selling them to investors, too, were also BETTING AGAINST them.

Do you get it yet?

No I'm, sure you don't.

Read a book, kid.

You don't know enough of the DETAILS about this event to discuss them, yet.

Seriously, the fact that you demanded proof of something that is already a well known and understand fact informs us that you are not yet prepared to add much to this discussion.

...your chart is old
Here's another--
consumer_sentiment.gif

--so while the current level is down from last year at least it's above the all time lows we've been having.

Let's celebrate.

gee why did it dive in the middle of last year?

OH yeah that times right in with the rights partisan evil plan to tank the country with the phoney debt limit stunt.

Good work putting party over country.

Note they wont pull anything like that again because it nearly killed the republican party.

gee why did it dive in the middle of last year? OH yeah that times right in with the rights partisan evil plan to tank the country with the phoney debt limit stunt. Good work putting party over country. Note they wont pull anything like that again because it nearly killed the republican party.
Actually no. During the July fight consumer confidence was higher than it is now, the plunge didn't happen until the beginning of August when the Republicans caved, the continuing resolution was sent to Obama, and the the US credit rating was downgraded. Here's a blow up:
consumer_sent.gif

It's hard to believe that the budg debate had any affect, but if it did then it was the fight that was keeping it up and the agreement that hurt.

Forum List

Back