Untold Wealth: The Rise of the Super Rich

Bullshit.

Translation: "I have no intelligent counter to anything you just said"

Right....

No, SS is not a Ponzi scheme.

It is a retirement fund that is funded by the government.

you're even more stupid than i thought. the govt doesn't fund social security and it was never intended to be a stand alone retirement fund. it is, however, a ponzi scheme.

thanks for trying.

Regardless of who the president was at any given time it's not a good look. What have youre regulatory agencies been dong, playing with themelves? Seems to me that given the damage that these alleged crooks have done to people that, if convicted, they should have their assets and any assets they transfer to familymembers stripped and they should go to prison for a very long time. And the regulatory agencies themselves need to be examined for signs of negligence, if not corruption.

Do we really need regulatory agencies, or maybe have the CPA accounting agencies do what their getting paid to do? Any audit should have exposed any wrong doing. I would go after the CPA firms on this, also

Last edited:

Right....

you're even more stupid than i thought. the govt doesn't fund social security and it was never intended to be a stand alone retirement fund. it is, however, a ponzi scheme.

thanks for trying.
chris is a moron so i dont expect him to actually understand that simple concept

I didn't read the piece as it is unnecessary, I know some of these people, I have met a few and know others through friends and relatives. They earned it mostly through inheritance and connections, but hey, even so I don't give a shit, just tax the hell out of them because the only reason they can engage in exuberant greed is because of opportunities placed before them because of birth and again connections. Smarts, luck, and good looks help too.

But a hard question, is a society measured by the wealth of the top 1% or is it measured and valued by the wealth of all, including the bottom 10%? I think the latter but that is just me.

The rich get rich because of their merit.
UBI and the Flat Tax
The Conservative Nanny State

The exact opposite. The wealth of the individuals is measured by the wealth and value of the country. A billion dollars is meaningless if there isn't enough federal wealth to back it.

Right....

thanks for trying.

Then I better stop sending in my SS taxes.

Right....

thanks for trying.

Then the people who paid into the system prior to you wont get their money.

But no this isnt a ponzi scheme.

Right....

thanks for trying.

do that
and keep doing it

because they use a generic term like "super rich" without actually looking for WHO they are

Using the generic term makes them look less human, which makes it easier for people to demonize them. The reason I won't demonize the "super rich" is because I have met some of them. Hell, I lived in a shelter which was started and paid for by one for many years. Another one (Bill Gates) funded for a ton of housing for the poor, which is all subsidized. By not actually getting to know the people they are attacking they can ignore the fact that they are attacking people.
Bill Gates is one of the most generous billionaires on the planet, yet he is despised by so many

i'll never understand it
i used to work for a MS subcontractor
and some of the stories we heard were amazing, and some really funny
like when he first had his house built, he was single and didnt even have a kitchen in it
when he got married he had to have it added on ;)

His and his wife's Foundation funds (among other things) the international effort (with Rotary International) to eradicate polio. They nearly did it too. Hopefully it will happen. Extremely generous for sure. But their generosity isn't the issue here is it?

Using the generic term makes them look less human, which makes it easier for people to demonize them. The reason I won't demonize the "super rich" is because I have met some of them. Hell, I lived in a shelter which was started and paid for by one for many years. Another one (Bill Gates) funded for a ton of housing for the poor, which is all subsidized. By not actually getting to know the people they are attacking they can ignore the fact that they are attacking people.
Bill Gates is one of the most generous billionaires on the planet, yet he is despised by so many

i'll never understand it
i used to work for a MS subcontractor
and some of the stories we heard were amazing, and some really funny
like when he first had his house built, he was single and didnt even have a kitchen in it
when he got married he had to have it added on ;)

His and his wife's Foundation funds (among other things) the international effort (with Rotary International) to eradicate polio. They nearly did it too. Hopefully it will happen. Extremely generous for sure. But their generosity isn't the issue here is it?
sure it is
he doesnt have to give

I didn't read the piece as it is unnecessary, I know some of these people, I have met a few and know others through friends and relatives. They earned it mostly through inheritance and connections, but hey, even so I don't give a shit, just tax the hell out of them because the only reason they can engage in exuberant greed is because of opportunities placed before them because of birth and again connections. Smarts, luck, and good looks help too.

But a hard question, is a society measured by the wealth of the top 1% or is it measured and valued by the wealth of all, including the bottom 10%? I think the latter but that is just me.

The rich get rich because of their merit.
UBI and the Flat Tax
The Conservative Nanny State

Those who admire the super-rich remind me of the waiters George Orwell wrote about in "Down and Out in London and Paris". From memory Orwell was washing dishes in some flash restaurants and noted the arrogance of the waiters. He queried this. They were waiters. Now that's decent work and all that but Orwell was surprised at their attitude. He put it down to the fact that the waiters were out front and "associating" with the wealthy. They were serving the wealthy but they felt superior to the back room staff in the restaurant because the waiters were actually associating with the wealthy patrons whereas the back room people weren't. Human nature, strange isn't it?

You can probably measure the nature of a society by looking at the range of wealth on a vertical index. The greater the range, the greater the inequality in terms of wealth distribution. That's a fact. Now, your attitude towards that is up to you. Some might argue it's fine to have massive wealth inequality like that, some might argue against it. But that's opinion. The range, that measure from to to bottom, is fact. Personally I don't much care who much the wealthy have, if the bottom 10% are living comfortably and not wanting for basic human needs and perhaps a few minor luxuries then that's acceptable.

Forum List

Back