Universal Health Care

What is Universal Health Care.

Nobody gives me the same answer.

basic well being

I wonder if you could get any more vague and subjective?

lol. sorry - i was gonna try to answer then i thought i left the thread, but musta hit the reply button. i guess i'll give it a shot. UHC is that basic well being healthcare is automatically covered without cost & other healthcare is as well, no premiums, no copays, co-ins etc. everything is 'covered' thru taxes.
even serious expensive diseases?....

basic well being
Funny France's government pays less than us, and we pay far more out of pocket on healthcare.

Yet, France lives longer.
how long you live depends a lot on your life style....you can have Dr Crusher from the Enterprise as your Dr. if you dont follow her advice about how smoking and your eating habits are killing you....what good was it?...

or you could step off a curb & get hit by a bus.
yea except that has nothing to do with health care....

i was answering the part about after the fact. no healthcare = less than adequate chances for a favorable outcome.
for diseases yes.....but walking across the street and getting hit by a vehical?......

spinal cord injury.... brain injury.... physical rehab......... surgery for internal injuries...... really? you didn't think that one through, did ya?

UHC is that basic well being healthcare is automatically covered without cost & other healthcare is as well, no premiums, no copays, co-ins etc. everything is 'covered' thru taxes.

So, am I right in assuming government (ie the politicians in power at the time) will determine what constitutes "basic health care"?

"Dr. Trump will see you now ..."

basic well being

lol. sorry - i was gonna try to answer then i thought i left the thread, but musta hit the reply button. i guess i'll give it a shot. UHC is that basic well being healthcare is automatically covered without cost & other healthcare is as well, no premiums, no copays, co-ins etc. everything is 'covered' thru taxes.

would you truly want someone asking you that if you were diagnosed with one? yo think people should go completely bankrupt & have their home foreclosed cause they had cancer or something just as bad?[/QUOTE]

UHC is that basic well being healthcare is automatically covered without cost & other healthcare is as well, no premiums, no copays, co-ins etc. everything is 'covered' thru taxes.

So, am I right in assuming government (ie the politicians in power at the time) will determine what constitutes "basic health care"?

no... the people who would know - the medical profession. guess what? they were the ones that were consulted with the ACA. all them thar well healthcare mandates came from their input.

no... the people who would know - the medical profession. guess what? they were the ones that were consulted with the ACA. all them thar well healthcare mandates came from their input.

What? The medical profession will make the rules for UHC? I don't really buy that. And I don't think you can support the claim. Politicians will make the laws. They might, or might not, consult with lobbyists from the medical profession. Obviously, there will be many, many other lobbyists vying for their favors.

The thing is, making health care a government concern makes it a political concern. It will turn every single election into a referendum on health care. Every single vote could decide whether grandma lives or dies. Our politics are stressed to the breaking point as it is. We don't need more issues to fight about.

The doctors screwed up, has nothing to do with universal healthcare.
“The surgeons should have been aware that it is prohibited to use an alcohol-based disinfectant during surgical procedures performed with an electric scalpel,” Deputy Health Minister Horatiu Moldovan added.
--------------------------------------------------
the new York post is bias, and well look at the doctor mishaps here in the USA, the country with the highest cost of healthcare.

All government run medical systems are doomed to a deterioration of care.

Example: I have a friend in France who could not get an appointment for her sister's painful eye condition for 8 weeks. I have read several similar accounts from all over Europe and Canada. Crap systems.

Well Medicare is going fine, and the ACA, since republicans were trashing it from inception and doing all in their power to make it fail, and it still is somewhat still functioning but not like it was intended.

basic well being
how long you live depends a lot on your life style....you can have Dr Crusher from the Enterprise as your Dr. if you dont follow her advice about how smoking and your eating habits are killing you....what good was it?...

i was answering the part about after the fact. no healthcare = less than adequate chances for a favorable outcome.
for diseases yes.....but walking across the street and getting hit by a vehical?......

spinal cord injury.... brain injury.... physical rehab......... surgery for internal injuries...... really? you didn't think that one through, did ya?
we are talking about 2 different things....

basic well being

would you truly want someone asking you that if you were diagnosed with one? yo think people should go completely bankrupt & have their home foreclosed cause they had cancer or something just as bad?
[/QUOTE]
you did not answer my question did you?...try again....

As long as I get an opt-out of UHC, then knock yourselves out.

Lets put the tax burden on those who would use it.

basic well being

Example: I have a friend in France who could not get an appointment for her sister's painful eye condition for 8 weeks. I have read several similar accounts from all over Europe and Canada. Crap systems.

Funny France's government pays less than us, and we pay far more out of pocket on healthcare.

Define basic well being.

How will you know when you have it ?

basic well being

So what is basic well being ?

I am not an Obamacare fan.

And I don't care what everybody else does. They don't live like we do....so it does not matter to me.

Canadian companies offer private health insurance to employees. Why is that ?

I do think we need a good conversation on the topic.

But, defaulting to the government is the worst idea in the world.

I do think we need a good conversation on the topic.

With health care we need this above all else. We can't even agree on what the problems are. Some people think health care prices are too high. Some people think the problem is that not enough people have insurance. Some people think the problem is that we have to pay for health care at all - that it should be "free" (whatever that means).

We need a clear picture of which problem(s) we're trying to solve BEFORE we jump to proposed solutions.

What? The medical profession will make the rules for UHC? I don't really buy that. And I don't think you can support the claim. Politicians will make the laws. They might, or might not, consult with lobbyists from the medical profession. Obviously, there will be many, many other lobbyists vying for their favors.

The thing is, making health care a government concern makes it a political concern. It will turn every single election into a referendum on health care. Every single vote could decide whether grandma lives or dies. Our politics are stressed to the breaking point as it is. We don't need more issues to fight about.

the mandates already covered in the ACA were implemented with the medical profession's input. i didn't say the 'rules' were written by them. why do you think the house flipped in 2018? the #1 reason, was healthcare. the voters' have spoken.

you want big healthcorp to be back in the driver's seat? you want a pencil pusher - who's only CONcern is the bottom line & making sure it stays black - to decide again?

Last edited:

basic well being

we are talking about 2 different things....

no. healthcare is healthcare.

basic well being

would you truly want someone asking you that if you were diagnosed with one? yo think people should go completely bankrupt & have their home foreclosed cause they had cancer or something just as bad?
you did not answer my question did you?...try again....[/QUOTE]

i answered it perfectly fine. healthcare is healthcare, whether it's from a disease or an accident. people who need healthcare shouldn't lose their life savings or die because they can't afford insurance.

The doctors screwed up, has nothing to do with universal healthcare.
“The surgeons should have been aware that it is prohibited to use an alcohol-based disinfectant during surgical procedures performed with an electric scalpel,” Deputy Health Minister Horatiu Moldovan added.
--------------------------------------------------
the new York post is bias, and well look at the doctor mishaps here in the USA, the country with the highest cost of healthcare.

Well Medicare is going fine, and the ACA, since republicans were trashing it from inception and doing all in their power to make it fail, and it still is somewhat still functioning but not like it was intended.

Doing all in their power to make it fail? Prove that. It was a fail from the very start, when Democraps had all the power.

Medicare is doing fine, only if you are ignorant.

The financial hole for Social Security and Medicare is even deeper than the experts say

Yeah, only $13 Trillion dollars and more, that we need to magically come up with. Let's just use our surplus money.... oh wait...we're already $21 Trillion in debt right now.

Well no problem. All that money we saved by having the ACA to begin with....
Thanks To Obamacare, Government Debt Is Worse Than You Think

Oh wait... the ACA caused part of that $13 Trillion in unfunded liabilities.

You fail. Sorry... total fail.

basic well being

Define basic well being.

How will you know when you have it ?

when simple well being visits are 100% covered to catch something early b4 it turns into a more debilitating disease or condition. sounds like what true conservatism used to be. AND it sounds like a mandate already covered by the ACA. something that donny wants taken away - with nothing absolutely nothing to replace it.

you did not answer my question did you?...try again....

i answered it perfectly fine. healthcare is healthcare, whether it's from a disease or an accident. people who need healthcare shouldn't lose their life savings or die because they can't afford insurance.[/QUOTE]

First off, people are not dying because they don't have insurance. I know people who had cancer, and were treated. In fact, I myself went to the hospital without insurance, and they treated me just fine.

As for losing money.... why? Why do you expect other people to serve you for free? Should I be able to demand you serve me, without paying you? What are you advocating here, slavery?

You think losing 50% of your entire income, won't harm your "life savings"? Heck you are likely not have any savings at all, given your plan to tax all our money away to pay for "free" health are.

How people pay for what services and goods they get?

Forum List

Back