Uncovered Women

It becomes EVERYONE'S business when sharia law is being promoted in the US. And if you catch up you will see where Sunni is advocating sharia for Casey Anthony. I remember circa 1960 when Nikita Kruschev said that my (our) grandchildren would live under communism. If I had to choose between communism and sharia, I'd choose communism in a New York minute.

Tolerance does not have to include converting the US to sharia. But anyone who argues in favor of OUR system of jurisprudence gets bitch slapped back to the stone age. That is not tolerance. That is ignorance. I've been to the middle east. I've been to China. Give me China over the middle east any day. But best of all give me our own flawed but wonderful system.

Muslims make up 2% of this country. The odds of Shariah law being implemented in the U.S. is completely nil. Not only do they not have the voice or power to force anything here, their views hold zero difference from the people who want to use Biblical law. People have a right to want things here. They even have a right to promote things, as any American does. But, our constitutional protections will never allow the use of Sharia. Based upon that, I see no reason not to let them rant and dream and flail and look stupid.

Sunni wasn't promoting sharia law, in that thread. He was talking about how precious his wife is to him (much more precious than a wristwatch).

Before you assume what I do and don't know about Sunni, why don't you take a minute or a week and see how I post?
Liar. He is quoted as wanting sharia law "codif[ied] ... into our judicial system".

I know, we all know women are there to flaunt their bodies for strangers like you to ogle.

Nice.

BTW, I'm female, you loon.

Why shouldn't women do this if they want to? How are you harmed by other women dressing in ways that make them happy? Personally, I love vintage clothes and the sexy secretary look as exemplified by Mad Men. If someone doesn't like the way I dress, they can feel free to politely fuck right off.

Well that's not exactly the point I was trying to make. I was making a point about Sunshine specifically, i.e., he thinks that if women aren't shoving their tits in his face they are ugly dogs etc.

I don't care how other women dress. I've raised my daughter to dress appropriately for our culture and our acquaintance...and that means nothing overtly sexual, and function over flash. That doesn't mean I think everybody should dress that way, I enjoy fashionable clothes and new styles, I have no problem with it. I do have a problem with people who criticize and ridicule women who dress plainly. I've known too many truly lovely women (who also had lovely husbands) who chose that path to take it lying down.

That came from your feeble brain! :cuckoo:

Maybe you should read a few history books about how the Europeans conquered the indigienous tribes in the U.S. Then, maybe you'd understand that the European conquerors had sizeable numbers, sophisticated weapons, and an entire wealth of diseases at their disposal. Do the muslim immigrants to this country have access to those things?

And a dirty little secret...I am sorely tempted to take on plain dress. It just seems so much EASIER than trying to figure out each day what to wear, and worrying about what it looks like, and does it fit, lol. I'm a person who buys multiples of clothing items that work for me, in different colors.....the idea of having a closet full of almost identical dresses that are comfortable and presentable gives me a little thrill, and would eliminate at least that single stressor...

Liar. He is quoted as wanting sharia law "codif[ied] ... into our judicial system".

In that thread? Link the post, because I surely missed it. Again, pumpkin, I was talking about that specific thread. I understand that Sunni wants sharia law in the U.S.

But as my mama always told us kids, "wantin' ain't gettin'." Sunni has about as much chance of seeing Sharia law in his lifetime as Florida does of suffering major blizzards next year.

Now, it could happen. But the odds aren't particularly good. I prefer to spend my time focusing on actual dangers and not imaginary ones.

And a dirty little secret...I am sorely tempted to take on plain dress. It just seems so much EASIER than trying to figure out each day what to wear, and worrying about what it looks like, and does it fit, lol. I'm a person who buys multiples of clothing items that work for me, in different colors.....the idea of having a closet full of almost identical dresses that are comfortable and presentable gives me a little thrill, and would eliminate at least that single stressor...

I love my stilettos too much to ever dress plain. But, if it floats your boat, Allie, you should dress however you are happiest.

It becomes EVERYONE'S business when sharia law is being promoted in the US. And if you catch up you will see where Sunni is advocating sharia for Casey Anthony. I remember circa 1960 when Nikita Kruschev said that my (our) grandchildren would live under communism. If I had to choose between communism and sharia, I'd choose communism in a New York minute.

Tolerance does not have to include converting the US to sharia. But anyone who argues in favor of OUR system of jurisprudence gets bitch slapped back to the stone age. That is not tolerance. That is ignorance. I've been to the middle east. I've been to China. Give me China over the middle east any day. But best of all give me our own flawed but wonderful system.

Muslims make up 2% of this country. The odds of Shariah law being implemented in the U.S. is completely nil. Not only do they not have the voice or power to force anything here, their views hold zero difference from the people who want to use Biblical law. People have a right to want things here. They even have a right to promote things, as any American does. But, our constitutional protections will never allow the use of Sharia. Based upon that, I see no reason not to let them rant and dream and flail and look stupid.

Sunni wasn't promoting sharia law, in that thread. He was talking about how precious his wife is to him (much more precious than a wristwatch).

Before you assume what I do and don't know about Sunni, why don't you take a minute or a week and see how I post?

While I appreciate the sentiment and understand how you came to this place, you are incorrect. The people who want to use Biblical law don't exist. There is no lobby at this time or any time to my knowledge of American who were trying to change this country into a theocracy, by fair means or foul. And while OT law may resemble Islamic sharia tenets, the truth of the matter is those laws were put in place to hold God's people until the Messiah came. The NT is about as different from the Koran as is possible to be, and nowhere does it advocate for the subjugation of women.

Maybe you should read a few history books about how the Europeans conquered the indigienous tribes in the U.S. Then, maybe you'd understand that the European conquerors had sizeable numbers, sophisticated weapons, and an entire wealth of diseases at their disposal. Do the muslim immigrants to this country have access to those things?

Maybe you should check with the CDC before you start spouting who does and who does not have diseases. Almost the entire population is Egypt is infected with Hep C. That is because inoculations for a parasite there were contaminated. In Afghanistan they roll their feces out onto the sidewalk where it is scooped up and burned. The smoke from feces is in the air 24/7. Our service men there have to be on antibiotics the entire time.

There are a number of infectious diseases that can be transmitted to others. Also, there are genetic illnesses, in case your kid decides she likes swarthy men and marries one. Familial Mediterranean Fever. Many people in my general area of Melungeon descent already suffer from Mediterranean illnesses: Melungeon Health

And then there are the parasitic lung diseases: Parasitic diseases of the respiratory tract. [Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2006] - PubMed result

I think you need to get out more.

While I appreciate the sentiment and understand how you came to this place, you are incorrect. The people who want to use Biblical law don't exist. There is no lobby at this time or any time to my knowledge of American who were trying to change this country into a theocracy, by fair means or foul. And while OT law may resemble Islamic sharia tenets, the truth of the matter is those laws were put in place to hold God's people until the Messiah came. The NT is about as different from the Koran as is possible to be, and nowhere does it advocate for the subjugation of women.

I am thrilled to get to introduce you to the Christian Reconstructionists. They are actually more numerous than Islamics in this country, and the thing that does bother me about them is their insistence on old testament law being as important as the new testament.

CHRISTIAN RECONSTRUCTIONISM, DOMINION THEOLOGY AND THEONOMY

I'm familiar with them because my grandparents were following D. James Kennedy before he came into widespread circulation, they attended his church in Florida.

FWIW, I lived in Utah for 10 years. The LDS Church has numerous prophecies that state that the constitution of this country will hang by a thread, and the LDS Church will step into the gap and save the nation, leading it to righteousness in God, and conformity with his laws. That's another form of constructionism. As you probably know, Glenn Beck is an active Mormon.

Last edited:

I am thrilled to get to introduce you to the Christian Reconstructionists. They are actually more numerous than Islamics in this country, and the thing that does bother me about them is their insistence on old testament law being as important as the new testament.

CHRISTIAN RECONSTRUCTIONISM, DOMINION THEOLOGY AND THEONOMY

How many people have they killed in the last 1000 years?

How many countries have they conquered?

Do they kill their women and call it "honor killing"?

I have never heard of them before, which makes me believe they aren't a lobby to be taken seriously....and I'm with you, their insistence that teh OT law is as important as the NT is troubling.

Maybe you should check with the CDC before you start spouting who does and who does not have diseases. Almost the entire population is Egypt is infected with Hep C. That is because inoculations for a parasite there were contaminated. In Afghanistan they roll their feces out onto the sidewalk where it is scooped up and burned. The smoke from feces is in the air 24/7. Our service men there have to be on antibiotics the entire time.

There are a number of infectious diseases that can be transmitted to others. Also, there are genetic illnesses, in case your kid decides she likes swarthy men and marries one. Familial Mediterranean Fever. Many people in my general area of Melungeon descent already suffer from Mediterranean illnesses: Melungeon Health

And then there are the parasitic lung diseases: Parasitic diseases of the respiratory tract. [Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2006] - PubMed result

And you are concerned that the Egyptians are going to invade/infect us, and then impose sharia law?

And I've never found Mormons or Glenn Beck particularly disturbing. My father's family is Mormon...so I have lots of relatives and friends who are as well. I have co-workers who are also, and they don't concern me at all.

How many people have they killed in the last 1000 years?

Not even close to as many as Christian European/Americans have.

How many countries have they conquered?

See above.

Do they kill their women and call it "honor killing"?

This isn't limited to Islam. It's actually something that is remarkably common in third world areas where women are property, and where engaging in sexual contact outside of marriage has ramifications to inheritance and heirs.

I have never heard of them before, which makes me believe they aren't a lobby to be taken seriously....and I'm with you, their insistence that teh OT law is as important as the NT is troubling.

The fundies, of every stripe, kind of creep me, to be truthful.

Yeah, it's so sensible to run around doing housework and watching children in 3-piece men suits with low cut shells under the jacket.

Thanks for showing your intolerance.

You are one of the most intolerant sad sacks on the forum.

And I've never found Mormons or Glenn Beck particularly disturbing. My father's family is Mormon...so I have lots of relatives and friends who are as well. I have co-workers who are also, and they don't concern me at all.

As neighbors and friends, they aren't particularly disturbing, they're good people with good work ethics. But, ask them why they do food storage. They are saving up food not just for an emergency, but for an apocalyptic event.

Do Mormons want to live in a theocracy? Trust me, they wouldn't mind. Are they going to invade and conquer to make it happen? OF course not.

In that regard, they are no different than Sunni. They may want things, but those things are unlikely to happen and they simply don't have the power to force them.

I know, we all know women are there to flaunt their bodies for strangers like you to ogle.

Nice.

BTW, I'm female, you loon.

And a rather messed up one, too. If you are FLDS or a free range plyg female, that explains very much about just how wierd you are.

And you are concerned that the Egyptians are going to invade/infect us, and then impose sharia law?

I was just answering your silly assertion that there are no diseases in the middle east. You should go there. Maybe one one of their germs will find you palatable! :lol:

I was just answering your silly assertion that there are no diseases in the middle east. You should go there. Maybe one one of their germs will find you palatable! :lol:

Clearly, you don't understand my assertion. Middle easterners lack the numbers, the capacity, the advanced weaponry, and a myriad of other factors that enabled the Europeans to quickly overrun the American continent back in the 1500-1700s.

Who wouldn't find me palatable, by the way? I'm delicious. ;)

I'm pretty sure there was a time when Europeans only made up 2% of this country. So your point is silly and moot.

Really. You worried that the evil muslims are going to distribute small pox blankets?

Sunshine, if you are truly worried about sharia law here, then you are wasting valuable time. PM me and I will send you a list of charities to which you can devote the time and $ that you devote to this.

Forum List

Back