Zone1 Unbelievers cannot believe until God permits them to do so

So you were not raised in a society by parents?

Were you raised by wolves?
Not the fucked up way you were that would lead you to have such an external locus of control that you transfer all control and power to society for being responsible for who you are, what you think and how you behave.

I prefer to keep my control and power and be accountable for everything I am, say, believe and do.

Not the fucked up way you were that would lead you to have such an external locus of control that you transfer all control and power to society for being responsible for who you are, what you think and how you behave.

I prefer to keep my control and power and be accountable for everything I am, say, believe and do.

You parents conditioned you, your family conditioned you, your friends, teacher, priests etc have all conditioned your thinking when literally from the day you were born.

Maybe you think developmental psychology and sociology books are banned and that's why you never read any.

You parents conditioned you, your family conditioned you, your friends, teacher, priests etc have all conditioned your thinking when literally from the day you were born.

Maybe you think developmental psychology and sociology books are banned and that's why you never read any.
Don't project your experiences on to me. I'm a big boy who is capable of deciding for himself. I can't help it if you aren't.

You don;t know much about psychology or sociology
I know enough to know the human mind cannpt live in conflict which is why you keep making ridiculous arguments which have no basis in logic or reason.

I know enough about it to know that your position is a textbook example of an external locus of control.

And I know enough about it to know that you will continue making dumb arguments because you ignore your incongruities and dismiss your defeats.

I know enough to know the human mind cannpt live in conflict which is why you keep making ridiculous arguments which have no basis in logic or reason.

I know enough about it to know that your position is a textbook example of an external locus of control.

And I know enough about it to know that you will continue making dumb arguments because you ignore your incongruities and dismiss your defeats.
Oh but humans live with diametrically opposed ideas all the time.

We even have a name for it: Cognitive Dissonance

Oh but humans live with diametrically opposed ideas all the time.

We even have a name for it: Cognitive Dissonance
Yes, they do. Which goes back to the reason for that... the human mind cannot live in conflict. Which is why I know you will keep making ridiculous arguments which have no basis in logic or reason.

Yes, they do. Which goes back to the reason for that... the human mind cannot live in conflict. Which is why I know you will keep making ridiculous arguments which have no basis in logic or reason.
And yet people do that very thing every single day

I must have been born with genetics from ancestors who may have been Stoics. I'm guessing no Stoic ancestry or tendencies within you--especially not as a child?

Look around...the past as well as the present. It is not society that conditions us...it is we who condition society.
Most of the data that winds up being picked up by your senses and processed by your brain is done with no conscious action. Most of the brain's workings in pattern recognition and decision making is done with no conscious awareness.

Societies evolve just as the people in them do so in that way I agree with you but when you are born into a society you are conditioned literally from the moment you are born on the rules of that society.

It's not for us to judge them. For reasons only known to God, not everyone is yet permitted to believe in and follow him. No amount of evangelizing will bring them to God. We can plant seeds but it's up to God to let them believe. So, stop banging your head against the wall. Share the word and accept that some are not yet ready to believe it. Don't be arrogant about it. Instead, be happy knowing that you have been blessed.

John 6:65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father"

John 6:44-45

44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me.

Romans 11:25
Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
Your belief that one cannot come to God unless God permits them to do so goes against the teaching of the parable of the prodigal son.

Your belief that one cannot come to God unless God permits them to do so goes against the teaching of the parable of the prodigal son.
But that is not what is at issue. THings like perversion, stealing, adultery, murder -- which God gives everybody conscience to answer to

SO
"
12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but it is the doers of the law who will be declared righteous.

14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15So they show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them "

Forum List

Back