UN Admits: Palestinians used UN schools to launch rockets and store weapons

Three Israeli attacks that damaged Gaza schools housing displaced people caused numerous civilian casualties in violation of the laws of war, Human Rights Watch said today. In the first in-depth documentation of the violations, Human Rights Watch investigated the three attacks, which occurred on July 24 and 30, and August 3, 2014, and killed 45 people, including 17 children.

“The Israeli military carried out attacks on or near three well-marked schools where it knew hundreds of people were taking shelter, killing and wounding scores of civilians,” said Fred Abrahams, special adviser at Human Rights Watch. “Israel has offered no convincing explanation for these attacks on schools where people had gone for protection and the resulting carnage.”

Two of the three attacks Human Rights Watch investigated – in Beit Hanoun and Jabalya – did not appear to target a military objective or were otherwise unlawfully indiscriminate. The third attack in Rafah was unlawfully disproportionate if not otherwise indiscriminate. Unlawful attacks carried out willfully – that is, deliberately or recklessly – are war crimeshttp://Israel In-Depth Look at Gaza School Attacks Human Rights Watch

"The report said UN officials had been working with the militants, and that Israel fired on legitimate targets."

Post a link to that claim or I say you made that up

...The UN and UNRWA officials also have a clear interest in hiding the role of their organization in tolerating, facilitating, or actively assisting the commission of war crimes -- for instance, launching rockets and shielding fighters from counterattack in or around UN facilities.
............This context shows that any such strikes were either directed at legitimate targets and inadvertently also struck civilian areas

Preliminary Analysis of UN Board of Inquiry Summary Regarding 2014 Gaza Conflict
link to the 27 page summery that further explains the use of UN building or next to UN building to fire on Israel from and finding and inspection of weapons, causing some locations to be evacuated by those seeking shelter.
Only the summery is made public. The full BOI finding are not to be released to the public.

Just what "clear interest" do UN and UNRWA officials have in hiding any wrong doing on either side, they are the ones who discovered and reported weapons stored at un-manned schools, israel blocked the evacuation of these civils and then bombed them, the israelis wanted to cause terror among the civilians

"The report said UN officials had been working with the militants, and that Israel fired on legitimate targets."

...The UN and UNRWA officials also have a clear interest in hiding the role of their organization in tolerating, facilitating, or actively assisting the commission of war crimes -- for instance, launching rockets and shielding fighters from counterattack in or around UN facilities.
............This context shows that any such strikes were either directed at legitimate targets and inadvertently also struck civilian areas

Preliminary Analysis of UN Board of Inquiry Summary Regarding 2014 Gaza Conflict
link to the 27 page summery that further explains the use of UN building or next to UN building to fire on Israel from and finding and inspection of weapons, causing some locations to be evacuated by those seeking shelter.
Only the summery is made public. The full BOI finding are not to be released to the public.

And, you just make up pro-Jew propaganda. Linking to "NGO Monitor" an Israeli site created to put NGOs in a bad light because they speak the truth about Israel.. Can't you people ever use neutral sources to make your point? Probably not because your positions are so far reality a neutral source could never support your fantasies.

And that makes it okay to use children as human shields?
Israel uses Palestinian children as human targets

That I believe.
And that makes it okay to use children as human shields?
Israel uses Palestinian children as human targets

That is the truth and we have news stories to prove it.

And we have videos and pictures of children used by hamas to protect the rockets, We even have hamas admitting to using children as human shields.................

Just what "clear interest" do UN and UNRWA officials have in hiding any wrong doing on either side, they are the ones who discovered and reported weapons stored at un-manned schools, israel blocked the evacuation of these civils and then bombed them, the israelis wanted to cause terror among the civilians

Because the case is now sub judice and can not have any particulars reported in case it puts the case at risk

And, you just make up pro-Jew propaganda. Linking to "NGO Monitor" an Israeli site created to put NGOs in a bad light because they speak the truth about Israel.. Can't you people ever use neutral sources to make your point? Probably not because your positions are so far reality a neutral source could never support your fantasies.

Do you mean like HRW, and Al Jazeera ?

In the Merriam-Webster dictionary, under 'urban' or 'street' slang usage...

def: "chickenshit" - see Hamas

(chĭk′ən-shĭt′)Vulgar Slang

synonyms:

1. pussy
  2. coward
  3. bitch
  4. chicken
  5. shit
  6. wimp
  7. wuss
  8. scared
  9. asshole
  10. scaredy cat
  11. spineless
  12. yellow
  13. arrogant
  14. bandi
  15. bullshit
  16. dumbass
  17. retard
  18. horseshit
  19. weak ass

TOP DEFINITION

hamas
A fuckadeered organization that encourages suicide bombings of civilians. A funny fact: Not one senior Hamas oficial has ever done a suicide bombing, and not one of their family members has ever done it either. I guess only the palestinian people are dumb enough to do it.

"Dude, look at me, I'm a retard that is going to blow myself to bits on account of Hamas told me so. I'm expecting to get 72 virgins after I turn myself into a grease spot in some , but I will really only get 72 versions of eternal stupidity."

Palestinian armed groups killed civilians on both sides in attacks amounting to war crimes Amnesty International USA

Palestinian armed groups killed civilians on both sides in attacks amounting to war crimes

Palestinian armed groups displayed a flagrant disregard for the lives of civilians by repeatedly launching indiscriminate rockets and mortars towards civilian areas in Israel during the conflict in July and August 2014, said Amnesty International in a new report published today.

Unlawful and deadly: Rocket and mortar attacks by Palestinian armed groups during the 2014 Gaza/Israel conflict provides evidence that several attacks launched from inside the Gaza Strip amount to war crimes. Six civilians in Israel, including a four-year-old boy, were killed in such attacks during the 50-day conflict. In the deadliest incident believed to have been caused by a Palestinian attack, 11 children were among 13 Palestinian civilians killed when a projectile fired from within the Gaza Strip landed in the al-Shati refugee camp.

“Palestinian armed groups, including the armed wing of Hamas, repeatedly launched unlawful attacks during the conflict killing and injuring civilians. In launching these attacks, they displayed a flagrant disregard for international humanitarian law and for the consequences of their violations on civilians in both Israel and the Gaza Strip,” said Philip Luther, Director of the Middle East and North Africa Program at Amnesty International.

n the deadliest incident believed to have been caused by a Palestinian armed group during the conflict, 13 Palestinian civilians – 11 of them children – were killed when a projectile exploded next to a supermarket in the crowded al-Shati refugee camp in Gaza on 28 July 2014, the first day of Eid al-Fitr.

The children had been playing in the street and buying crisps and soft drinks in the supermarket at the time of the attack.
Although Palestinians have claimed that the Israeli military was responsible for the attack, an independent munitions expert who examined the available evidence on behalf of Amnesty International concluded that the projectile used in the attack was a Palestinian rocket.

“Evidence suggesting that a rocket launched by a Palestinian armed group may have caused 13 civilian deaths inside Gaza just underscores how indiscriminate these weapons can be and the dreadful consequences of using them,” said Philip Luther.

Mahmoud Abu Shaqfa and his five-year-old son Khaled were seriously wounded in the attack. His eight-year-old son Muhammad was killed.

“The rocket fell near the car… The whole car was pierced by shrapnel. A piece of shrapnel pierced me… My son [Khaled] came to me. He was screaming ‘Daddy get up, get up…’ My entire leg was torn open and my arm had been wrenched to my back.”

There are no bomb shelters or warning systems in place to protect civilians in Gaza.

The report also details other violations of international humanitarian law by Palestinian armed groups during the conflict, such as storing rockets and other munitions in civilian buildings, including UN schools, and cases where Palestinian armed groups launched attacks or stored munitions very near locations where hundreds of displaced civilians were taking shelter.

“The international community must help prevent further violations by tackling entrenched impunity and by ending transfers to Palestinian armed groups and Israel of all arms and military equipment that could be used to commit serious violations of international humanitarian law,” said Philip Luther.

UNITED NATIONS — Israeli military actions killed 44 Palestinian civilians who had sought refuge in seven United Nations schools during last summer’s conflict in Gaza, the United Nations said Monday in releasingfindings of an internal inquiry.

"It also said that weapons had not been found inside those United Nations schools...."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/28/w...44-civilians-in-schools-in-gaza-war.html?_r=0
doesn't mean they weren't fired from them.

Forum List

Back