UK scientist: Sun controls earth's climate

If the earth has been warming since 1800 then that proves my point exactly. I don't think humans were driving SUVs and running power plants then.

Like I said. The earth warms and the earth cools regardless of human behavior.
If more accurate predictions can and have been made based on alternative interpretations of the data and that is not believed by the AGWs then give it up they are not interested in reality testing of their hypothesis.

That has been a fact for a very long time. The simple case of Keith Briffa not being able to reproduce his own work is laughable. The fact that he has been protected from ridicule (which he so richly deserves) is yet more evidence of the AGW mafia at work. They want money and power, the lack of science to back them up is immaterial.

If the earth has been warming since 1800 then that proves my point exactly. I don't think humans were driving SUVs and running power plants then.

Like I said. The earth warms and the earth cools regardless of human behavior.
If more accurate predictions can and have been made based on alternative interpretations of the data and that is not believed by the AGWs then give it up they are not interested in reality testing of their hypothesis.

if the earth has warmed in the past 12 years then you cant point to the sun because the amount of output has decreased. So what is it? if it is not the sun then we are being screwed over or some other factor is warming or keeping the temp of the earth as it was...

Matthew do you have any idea how long it takes to get something to change on the Earth?
Volcanic eruptions and asteroid strikes are the only two major events whose effects are seen immediately. All others take decades. The butterfly flapping his wings (to borrow a phrase) today, sets in motion the wind blast 30 years from now.

AGW.....

I liked it better when we called it "polar shift" and it happened naturally, uninfluenced by the SUVs and aircraft of the 4th century.

100 years of data....and we're pretty sure we know everything there is to know now.

How awesome is man?!?

Ice cores go back 800,000 years, dumb ass.

No one has said that we know all there is to know. We know the absorption spectra of the GHGs, we know that we have measured a decrease in outgoing radiation at those spectra. We know that the TSI has been decreasing, and that the amount of GHGs in the atmosphere has been increaseing. We know that it is warming rapidly, and the effects are already being seen in precipitation events and in the cryosphere. We know there are some pretty potent positive feedbacks, permafrost and ocean clathrate GHGs waiting in the wings. We do not know at what point they will become a major factor. We do not know at what point we will see a chaotic shift in the global climate pattern. We do know from the past, Younger Dryas, going into and out of it, when such a climate shift happens, it does so rapidly, often in just a decade.

Ice cores go back 800,000 years, dumb ass.

No one has said that we know all there is to know. We know the absorption spectra of the GHGs, we know that we have measured a decrease in outgoing radiation at those spectra. We know that the TSI has been decreasing, and that the amount of GHGs in the atmosphere has been increaseing. We know that it is warming rapidly, and the effects are already being seen in precipitation events and in the cryosphere. We know there are some pretty potent positive feedbacks, permafrost and ocean clathrate GHGs waiting in the wings. We do not know at what point they will become a major factor. We do not know at what point we will see a chaotic shift in the global climate pattern. We do know from the past, Younger Dryas, going into and out of it, when such a climate shift happens, it does so rapidly, often in just a decade.

You can't even tell me our relative distance to the Sun, so why the hell should I even bother reading your drivel.

Leave the science to we scientists, who understand concepts such as "distance" and "expansion." Until you grasp those, nothing you say really has any foundation.

Forum List

Back