UH-OH: Witness saw Trayvon stradlling Zman, assaulting him "MMA style"

<snip>
As for Martin's "suspicious behavior"? He's a stranger walking around INSIDE a gated community. George Zimmerman sees him...doesn't recognize him...and proceeds to try and find out what Martin is doing there. The fact that he's a stranger who Zimmerman doesn't recognize is ample grounds to find him suspicious. <snip>

With all due respect and cordiality, that is about the DUMBEST FUCKING reason I have heard!!! Do you recall what time it was? It was 7:11pm when he called the police. Here in the northern hemisphere it's pretty dark on February 26, 2012, it was almost an hour after sunset and rainy. I asked you before and I'll ask you again to show me where it says that people walking down the street in that neighborhood are subject to be stopped, harassed and asked why they are there. Bad try!

Zimmerman wasn't doing neighborhood watch that night...he was going to the store. He has a legal right to carry a weapon to protect himself.
As for Zimmerman waiting to let the police do their jobs? Is there any proof WHATSOEVER that George Zimmerman initiated any physical contact with Trayvon Martin? Is there any damage to Trayvon Martin's body other than the gunshot wound that would point to George Zimmerman attacking him? Martin has a cut on his knuckles consistent with punching someone or something. Does Zimmerman have any damage to HIS knuckles? NO. He does however have a broken nose, numerous scrapes and contusions on his face and numerous contusions on the back of his head that would be consistent with someone getting beaten rather badly in a fight.

Trayvon Martin isn't just walking down a street...he's walking down a street INSIDE A GATED COMMUNITY.
The entire premise of a gated community is that it protects you from outside threat. The general public does not have the same right to walk around inside a gated community as it does on city streets.

If he wasn't doing Neighborhood watch that night, why do some of your cohorts say this :"In Zimmerman's case it was his duty as a neighborhood watch to watch for suspicious activity and he had no way of knowing what Trayvon's intent was.", it seems like some folks want to use it when it fits their argument at the time.

Is there any proof that he didn't? One can argue that chasing after someone and following them IS initiating a confrontation. So what if there's no physical damage to Martin's body other than a gunshot wound, I've seen plenty of assholes who started fights get a beat down.

Show me the bylaws in that gated community where it states that someone walking down the street is subject to be followed ,stopped, and harassed. Martin had every right to be in that community, he had every right to walk unmolested and not followed and chased by some asshole (zimmerman).
I notice that some of you people tend to avoid the telephone account from Martin's girlfriend. I wonder why.

Zimmerman was not on Neighborhood Watch that night. I believe he was on his way to or returning from a trip to Target when he sees Trayvon Martin walking inside of the gated community. George Zimmerman is the Captain of the local Neighborhood Watch and there is a stranger walking past him following a series of recent robberies of homes in that complex. It's perfectly logical for him to stop and question Martin. Frankly I would be surprised if he DIDN'T.

There is a sign on the gate of the complex stating that is private property and that there IS a Neighborhood Watch operating within those gates. Trayvon Martin walked past that sign as he enters the complex. He SHOULD be aware that someone is apt to question his being there since he is a stranger staying with someone else who actually lives in the area. Yet when Zimmerman stops and asks who he is, Martin doesn't tell him that he's staying with Brandy Green...he cops an attitude and approaches Zimmerman's SUV window in a manner that prompts Zimmerman to roll up the window.

As for the girlfriend's phone conversation? In what way have I avoided it? What is it that you think that conversation proves? It's more evidence frankly that Trayvon Martin had ample opportunity to get away from George Zimmerman but decided to confront him instead. When you put the different phone calls made by Zimmerman and her on a timeline it becomes apparent that if Martin really WERE trying to evade Zimmerman as so many have tried to maintain...that he could have easily done so.

Captain or no "Captain", sign or no sign, show me where it authorizes them to stop and follow someone who is walking down the street?Of course he doesn't recognize him, it's dark and raining!
Show me where " Zimmerman stops and asks who he is, Martin doesn't tell him that he's staying with Brandy Green.." I don't see that on the transcript, are you just making it up? Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police
Why should Martin have to get away from Zimmerman? Why couldn't Martin stand his ground after he was being followed by that asshole zimmerman? Once again if zimmerman felt so "threatened" when he said to the dispatcher:
"Dispatcher: That's the clubhouse, do you know what the--he's near the clubhouse right now?
Zimmerman: Yeah, now he's coming towards me.
Dispatcher: OK.
Zimmerman: He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male.
Zimmerman: Somethings wrong with him. Yup, he's coming to check me out, he's got something in his hands, I don't know what his deal is.
Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything ok
Zimmerman: How long until you get an officer over here?
Dispatcher: Yeah we've got someone on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else.
Zimmerman: Okay. These assholes they always get away. When you come to the clubhouse you come straight in and make a left. Actually you would go past the clubhouse.

This proves that Zimmerman was trying to "play cop" this is out of the scope of his responsibilities as a "neighborhood watch" person. This appeals to all of the Charles Bronson wannabees who wish they could live out that Death Wish fantasy.

Yes he had the right but he also knew that in doing so he would confront people that were not there for afriendly visit. In other words, he knew these guys were looking for a fight and him being armed was going to give them one.

Not a double standard, just two very different events.

In Zimmerman's case it was his duty as a neighborhood watch to watch for suspicious activity and he had no way of knowing what Trayvon's intent was.

In White's case he left the safe confines of his house to confront an unruly mob.

A little common sense can go a long way.

Would you exit your house to confront a mob of pissed off idiots or would you call 911 and wait?

Would you watch a suspicious person in your neighborhood after already having several burglaries in the area?

Yeah, a little common sense can go a long way, try using it. Zimmerman who was armed left the safe confines of his SUV to follow Martin, that's NOT part of his duties, in fact he's not even supposed to carry one when he's doing his "duties" as a neighborhood watch person. I've posted the rules from his manual already.

I have already stated that i think that Zimmerman and White should have waited as long as possible and let the police do their jobs, same with Horn.

What is "suspicious" about someone walking down the street? I see "suspicious" looking people walking down the street all of the time, if I followed every one of them, I would be out of gas. If someone is looking into vehicles, going up to houses and looking through their windows, that's another story. Did that happen in the Zimmerman case???

Not a part of his duties? What duties? The guy was a concerned citizen first a neighborhood WATCH second. Being either one would give just cause to observe a suspicious person in the neigherhood.

An unfamiliar (sp) person wearing a hood in warm weather in a neighborhood that has had a rash of burglaries would be suspicious to most law abiding citizens.

It was raining, is was cool, it was dark. So you are WRONG on all counts! :)

At what point did Zimmerman "approach" Martin? Did he get out of his SUV and try to follow Martin? Yes he did. As his comments to the police dispatcher illustrate, Zimmerman is frustrated by the inability of the local police to catch the people who are breaking into homes in his community. They always get away, he tells the dispatcher. So Zimmerman exits the vehicle and attempts to keep Martin in sight. Here's where your scenario of Zimmerman "approaching" Martin falls apart however. Martin goes around the corner from where Zimmerman is watching from his SUV and goes RIGHT...down the sidewalk towards Brandy Green's townhouse. When Martin follows...he thinks that Martin has gone straight...to the back gate of the complex. Zimmerman actually walks past where Martin has turned ...goes to the back gate and doesn't find the man he was trying to follow. At that point he's still on the phone with police making plans to meet them back at the mailboxes at the other side of the complex as he starts back towards where his SUV is parked. This is the point where according to Zimmerman's testimony...Martin approaches him from the left and behind to confront him about being followed. So how is it that a confrontation has been initiated by Zimmerman? If Martin simply continues on down the sidewalk to Brandy Green's townhouse he never is even near to George Zimmerman for a confrontation to take place. The only way that can happen is if Trayvon Martin goes back to initiate a confrontation.
In that scenario you are ignoring the critically important cautionary advisement by the 911 Dispatcher after Zimmerman told him he was following the suspicious individual. The Dispatcher advised him, "We don't need you to do that!" And now we know why. Don't we?

Zimmerman obviously is not the man he thought he was and the bottom line is he should have stayed in his truck! It keeps getting back to that.

Zimmerman did stop the pursuit. Listen to the full 911 call, not the edited and rearranged version that was in the MSM version.

Trayvon Martin had made all the way to Brandy Green's townhouse where he talked to his female friend on the phone and then doubled back to confront Zimmerman.

All Martin had to do was go inside the townhouse where he was staying and there would have been no encounter, no fight, no shooting, and he would still be alive.

At what point did Zimmerman "approach" Martin? Did he get out of his SUV and try to follow Martin? Yes he did. As his comments to the police dispatcher illustrate, Zimmerman is frustrated by the inability of the local police to catch the people who are breaking into homes in his community. They always get away, he tells the dispatcher. So Zimmerman exits the vehicle and attempts to keep Martin in sight. Here's where your scenario of Zimmerman "approaching" Martin falls apart however. Martin goes around the corner from where Zimmerman is watching from his SUV and goes RIGHT...down the sidewalk towards Brandy Green's townhouse. When Martin follows...he thinks that Martin has gone straight...to the back gate of the complex. Zimmerman actually walks past where Martin has turned ...goes to the back gate and doesn't find the man he was trying to follow. At that point he's still on the phone with police making plans to meet them back at the mailboxes at the other side of the complex as he starts back towards where his SUV is parked. This is the point where according to Zimmerman's testimony...Martin approaches him from the left and behind to confront him about being followed. So how is it that a confrontation has been initiated by Zimmerman? If Martin simply continues on down the sidewalk to Brandy Green's townhouse he never is even near to George Zimmerman for a confrontation to take place. The only way that can happen is if Trayvon Martin goes back to initiate a confrontation.
In that scenario you are ignoring the critically important cautionary advisement by the 911 Dispatcher after Zimmerman told him he was following the suspicious individual. The Dispatcher advised him, "We don't need you to do that!" And now we know why. Don't we?

Zimmerman obviously is not the man he thought he was and the bottom line is he should have stayed in his truck! It keeps getting back to that.

Zimmerman did stop the pursuit. Listen to the full 911 call, not the edited and rearranged version that was in the MSM version.

Trayvon Martin had made all the way to Brandy Green's townhouse where he talked to his female friend on the phone and then doubled back to confront Zimmerman.

All Martin had to do was go inside the townhouse where he was staying and there would have been no encounter, no fight, no shooting, and he would still be alive.

All Zimmerman had to do was stay in his truck and let the real police do their jobs.

All Zimmerman had to do was stay in his truck and let the real police do their jobs.

He did nothing illegal or immoral by following Martin. It all comes down to who threw the first punch and it looks more and more like it was Martin.

He did nothing illegal or immoral by following Martin. It all comes down to who threw the first punch and it looks more and more like it was Martin.

Maybe in your book. If someone follows you, chases you, and then walks up on you do you think that you would be in the wrong if you launched a premptive strike because you were in fear of your own safety because some jerk off was following and chasing you? :)

He did nothing illegal or immoral by following Martin.
That's true. But what he did was foolish. Foolish enough to turn his life into a nightmare. And unless he's lucky enough to have a sympathetic jury it was foolish enough to condemn him to a living hell for a few years.

It all comes down to who threw the first punch and it looks more and more like it was Martin.
Based on the medical documentation and the witnesses thus far it does look that way. But the final determination as to whether Zimmerman will be exonerated depends entirely on whether or not the Stand Your Ground rules apply to his overall conduct in following Martin. Zimmerman was not a uniformed police officer, nor did he have a police shield to display as immediate evidence of authority to pursue and question. So a prosecutor could assert that Martin was intimidated by Zimmerman and acted defensively.

While these might seem to be minor details they could be pivotal in determining if Stand Your Ground applies in this case. I understand one of the first on scene cops wanted to arrest Zimmerman. I'd like to know what he has to say about this shooting.

This was a potentially confrontational situation, a fact which cannot be ignored.

It's not a matter of rights but rather of judgment. While you have "every right" to approach someone whom you have cause to believe represents a potential threat, if he assaults you the fact remains you knowingly and willfully facilitated it by approaching him.

How do you know all these details? Who told you all that? And why are you ignoring the inescapably obvious fact that if Zimmerman had not gotten out of his truck and followed Martin the incident would not have happened?

The simple fact is Zimmerman believed having a gun in his waistband made him a cop and he was acting out a fantasy which has landed his ass in hot water. If he hadn't gotten out of his truck none of this would have happened.

Lesson learned for other cop wanna-bes.

How do I know the details? Quite simple actually. I looked at maps of the gated community. I looked at the time line of the call Zimmerman made to the police and read the transcript of that call. The rest is simple deduction. My question to you...is why don't YOU know these details? To be honest with you I didn't buy the whole premise that Zimmerman somehow managed to "corner" a fleeing Martin when Zimmerman is sitting in his SUV having a discussion with the police dispatcher as the 17 year old takes off running. I'm sorry but that never rang true to me. Unless George Zimmerman is actually a world class sprinter there is no way he is going to climb out of his truck and chase down a younger and probably much faster Trayvon Martin. That's proven by the fact that Zimmerman had already lost Martin and was headed back to meet the police when suddenly Martin appears and they have a confrontation. Perhaps you'd like to explain to me how it is that Zimmerman has to...first get out of his SUV...then run the thirty or so yards to where Martin had disappeared around a corner...then proceed to the back gate of the complex, another twenty yards in the wrong direction...then tell the police where to meet him as he walks BACK towards where he's left his SUV...yet he still manages to catch and corner a fleeing Martin? Does that scenario work in any way for you because it sure doesn't for me.

George Zimmerman testified REPEATEDLY to local police, State Police and Federal authorities about what happened and his story has remained consistent throughout. Zimmerman maintains that Martin approached him from behind and to the left (which would be the direction that Brandy Green's townhouse was located) and confronted him about following him AS HE WAS WALKING BACK TO HIS SUV. That scenario works quite simply because it explains how it is that Zimmerman is able to "catch" Martin. The two men come into contact with each other not because George Zimmerman was able to run down a fleeing Martin but because Martin decided to back track and confront his questioner. THAT is the only way these two men CAN come together. If Martin really WAS trying to escape from Zimmerman than he had the time to practically CRAWL home on his hands and knees. But Trayvon Martin wasn't trying to get away from Zimmerman...he came back to brace him.

Last edited:
Witness Told Cops He Saw Trayvon Martin Straddling George Zimmerman And Punching Him "MMA Style" | The Smoking Gun

In the Sanford Police report, released yesterday, the witness said he saw a black male straddling a white or hispanic man yelling for "help". Hmmmm. Maybe, just like the Mr. Gates incident, Obama should've waited FOR ALL EVIDENCE TO COME OUT. This also includes photos showing blood on Zman's skull, and an obviously damaged nose.

Two Sanford PD officers noted in their reports the initial observations of Zimmerman having blood on the back of his head, swelling and possibly a broken nose.

This case is cut and dry.

George Zimmerman was 'mounted', getting his head smashed into concrete by a raging Trayvon. His head was hitting the concrete. The UFC stops fights when this happens, on a padded MAT, because it can kill a fighter. This was on concrete, with no referee, and no sportsmanship. The pure medical elements show that George Zimmerman WAS CLEARLY IN DANGER OF SERIOUSLY BODILY INJURY OR DEATH. His right to use lethal force in self defense was present.

Put it this way: If Zimmerman was a cop, on the ground, mounted, being bashed in the face and his head hitting the concrete, a cop would have been 100% justified in using a gun. Cops are held to HIGHER standards.

Zimmerman will be found not guilty, and it wont even be close. Hell, it may not even go to trial.

Riots from the left and black activists will erupt. Obama, Sharpton and MSNBC will use this as a rally cry to fire up hatred before the election.

Wow another unnamed witness.

Its amazing how there are all these unnamed witnesses that can corroborate Zimmerman's story but none that have names seem to exist. its too bad because for Zimmerman to call them in his defense they will need to have names.

How do you know all these details? Who told you all that? And why are you ignoring the inescapably obvious fact that if Zimmerman had not gotten out of his truck and followed Martin the incident would not have happened?

The simple fact is Zimmerman believed having a gun in his waistband made him a cop and he was acting out a fantasy which has landed his ass in hot water. If he hadn't gotten out of his truck none of this would have happened.

How do I know the details? Quite simple actually. I looked at maps of the gated community. I looked at the time line of the call Zimmerman made to the police and read the transcript of that call. The rest is simple deduction. My question to you...is why don't YOU know these details?
Compliments on what seems to be a motivated and efficient preliminary investigation. The reason I don't know those details is because I'm not that motivated.

From the outset there has been no suggestion that Martin was doing anything wrong and based on what I'd read and heard about Zimmerman he seemed to be an obsessive neurotic. Even if the police had responded soon enough to find and question Martin, regardless of "suspicions" there was nothing to charge him with. He had a valid reason for being there and there was no material cause to believe he was up to no good. So Zimmerman apparently had overreacted and created a potentially volatile situation.

As far as the details of what happened are concerned I prefer to wait for the prosecutor's presentation before drawing any final conclusions. Because regardless of the circuitous route of pursuit you have so patiently laid out the pivotal details are what actually happened when the two came together: Did Martin just walk up to Zimmerman and attack him? Or were words exchanged? If so, what were they? Etc.

But regardless of anything we can learn about this incident the bottom line is it would not have happened if Zimmerman had not decided to assume the role of a police officer by pursuing a "suspect" who could have killed or injured him -- or whom he might be forced to kill to prevent that from happening.

So, thanks for your response to my question.

How do I know the details? Quite simple actually. I looked at maps of the gated community. I looked at the time line of the call Zimmerman made to the police and read the transcript of that call. The rest is simple deduction. My question to you...is why don't YOU know these details?
Compliments on what seems to be a motivated and efficient preliminary investigation. The reason I don't know those details is because I'm not that motivated.

From the outset there has been no suggestion that Martin was doing anything wrong and based on what I'd read and heard about Zimmerman he seemed to be an obsessive neurotic. Even if the police had responded soon enough to find and question Martin, regardless of "suspicions" there was nothing to charge him with. He had a valid reason for being there and there was no material cause to believe he was up to no good. So Zimmerman apparently had overreacted and created a potentially volatile situation.

As far as the details of what happened are concerned I prefer to wait for the prosecutor's presentation before drawing any final conclusions. Because regardless of the circuitous route of pursuit you have so patiently laid out the pivotal details are what actually happened when the two came together: Did Martin just walk up to Zimmerman and attack him? Or were words exchanged? If so, what were they? Etc.

But regardless of anything we can learn about this incident the bottom line is it would not have happened if Zimmerman had not decided to assume the role of a police officer by pursuing a "suspect" who could have killed or injured him -- or whom he might be forced to kill to prevent that from happening.

So, thanks for your response to my question.

At first Martin wasn't doing anything wrong. Neither however was Zimmerman. That's what's so tragic about the entire situation. Zimmerman makes a serious error when he fails to identify himself as part of the Neighborhood Watch. Martin makes the first of several errors when he didn't simply tell Zimmerman that he was a guest of his dad's fiancee, Brandy Green and then follows that up with another fatal error when he seemingly decides that the correct way to handle someone questioning why you were in a neighborhood was to beat the living tar out of them.

I'm sorry but in my eyes the reason that Trayvon Martin is dead today is that he chose to assault George Zimmerman rather than just continuing on to Brandy Green's townhouse. I don't know if he thought for some reason that Zimmerman had "dissed" him by asking who he was and what he was doing and had a beating coming but there was ZERO reason for that situation to turn into a physical altercation.

What I find disturbing is that you seem to have already made up your mind about Zimmerman's guilt based on some really shoddy reporting of what happened and who the two principles were by the main stream media. I check into things these days because to be quite blunt...I don't trust the media to simply report the news anymore...instead they feel it's their right to put a spin on it to make the story conform to their already held beliefs. The initial reports made Zimmerman out to be this huge, surly looking guy who goes after a baby faced, skinny teenager who they said was outweighed by a hundred pounds. So then it turns out that Martin is actually bigger than Zimmerman because they ran with a six year old picture of the teenager and a six year old picture of Zimmerman and did so for WEEKS after the news broke nationally. Why would they do that? Who's in charge of journalistic ethics at these organizations? They are perverting our judicial system by convicting people in the press before they go in front of a judge and jury.

Last edited:

All your mother and Trayvon's mother had to do was have their babies ripped apart while in the womb and the world.

Getting out of a car doesn't justify being assaulted. Do you take idiot pills?

'Ain't that they truth. Someone starts a fight, then when their intended victim fights back, they start screaming and begging. It's why Mitt needed 5 big guys to hold down one shy, quiet gay kid so he could hatchet the poor kids hair. Mitts a pussy. Zimmermans a pussy. Imagine if that gay kid had kicked Mitt's pussy butt. Bet he would remember that".

"They are both pussies."

Uh,...'rdick" er whatever the fuck your name is, you son need to take your head out of your ass and your ass out of this great country!:mad:

:eusa_boohoo:

At first Martin wasn't doing anything wrong.

You talk about media bias, as if you see through the media's bullshit. But, there you are, a victim of their bullshit. Trayvon was doing something wrong. He was dressed like a burglar and he was casing the neighborhood. And, then he assaulted Zimmerman for interfering with his criminal plans, not because he felt "dissed" buy Zimmerman's question.

Also, it wouldn't have made any difference if Zimmerman identified himself as neighborhood watch... other than for Trayvon to make a fist and say "watch this".

Forum List

Back