UC Irvine Suspends College Republican Chapter for Entire Year After Hosting Milo

The email, however, apparently cited the group’s failure to provide proof of insurance for hired private security guards as grounds for suspension

The email, however, apparently cited the group’s failure to provide proof of insurance for hired private security guards as grounds for suspension
and no one seems to mention that.....i live a few miles from there ,and the news out here is they were told get ins before he gets here or face a possible suspension....well you see what happened....

and no one seems to mention that.....i live a few miles from there ,and the news out here is they were told get ins before he gets here or face a possible suspension....well you see what happened....

I read they hadn't done that for past speakers either and it wasn't a problem

MANY past speakers were not as controversial as this guy....

He drives the libs crazy!!!

True, but when do leftist campus Nazis not come out to protest conservative speakers? They do it constantly and many times get violent.

At the last moment the school required them to spend 1000s of dollars for security they weren't planning for. This was the liberals attempt to prevent Milo from speaking. Milo ended up paying for the security himself. If I recall, a BLM asshole and female charged the stage and threatened Milo. The paid for security did nothing to stop it. And they prevented the City police from stopping the disturbance too.

I hope Trump wins and pulls all federal funding for UC Irvine. This is something the GOP congress should do now.

What thousands of dollars? The club knew the rules and avoided them.

Even if Trump won, as president he does not award funding.

True, but when do leftist campus Nazis not come out to protest conservative speakers? They do it constantly and many times get violent.
thats why they wanted the ins....

What thousands of dollars? The club knew the rules and avoided them.

Even if Trump won, as president he does not award funding.
He signs the Budget presented by the GOP congress. This bullshit of tacking on a security guard requirement for just the Republican groups is what liberal admins do.

true....but all UCI is doing is covering their asses for damage as a result of that violence.....can you blame them?....

true....but all UCI is doing is covering their asses for damage as a result of that violence.....can you blame them?....
Liberal groups don't require security. Do you know why? If college admins would expell liberal troublemakers, then this shit would stop. How hypocritical the Triggelypuffs demand to protest and disrupt and then accuse conservatives of hate speech for espousing freedom of speech.

I am a UCI alumnus and former member of the UCI College Republicans, so I will be calling the Alumni Relations Office and express my displeasure, and tell them they are exposing themselves to liability for First Amendment violations, as they are a government entity they can't censor their students or deprive them of freedom of assembly.

Forum List

Back