Zone1 If someone attempts to rob you At knife or gunpoint do you believe you have a right to shoot them in response?

If someone attempts to rob you At knife or gunpoint do you believe you have a right to shoot them in

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Unfortunately, that’s a problem we have in this country. With a lot of things Including self-defense and morality. Like if somebody breaks into a person’s home and the intruder gets shot, the homeowner sometimes is held responsible by lefties. They like to play games of technicalities and all this other stuff. But I think morally speaking that it’s common sense that if somebody believes that they have a right to hold someone up with a weapon or break into somebody’s home to steal or commit some kind of crime…. they’ve given up the rights to exist.
That's why red states have laws based on the Castle Doctrine.

21 feet? I don't think so.
The best scene in a TV show with the 21-foot rule was in "Justified". A guy charges Raylan at night, with a knife, quoting the 21-foot rule. Unfortunately for him, he falls in a pit between them that was dug to bury a dog, and he stabs himself under the chin into his own head with the knife. Raylan apologizes to him as he was dying, saying something like, "Honestly, Donny, if I had seen it, I would have told you!"

So you’re packing. You’re walking down the street and some asshole puts a gun in your face and tells you to hand over your money.

How do you whip out your piece and blow his brains out before he does you?

Speaking for myself, I believe the individual should be arrested, tried, and upon conviction sentenced to such penalties as the Court sees fit.
But your leftist DA's refuse to indict, and if they are indicted, your lefty Judges will release them.

Happens over and over and over again. And almost every time an innocent person is harmed.

So you’re packing. You’re walking down the street and some asshole puts a gun in your face and tells you to hand over your money.

How do you whip out your piece and blow his brains out before he does you?
Well, unlike you, apparently, we exercise this thing called "SITUATIONAL AWARENESS".

So that sort of silliness doesn't happen to us.

Not if you have your gun drawn and targeted before he realizes it. Surprise! I have a gun and am going to use it. Blam! You're dead!

Oh, you would be surprised. Having a drawn pistol helps you, that's for sure. But it isn't a forgone conclusion. Personal combat never is.

Well, unlike you, apparently, we exercise this thing called "SITUATIONAL AWARENESS".

So that sort of silliness doesn't happen to us.
You’re saying if someone had a gun pointed at you, you could still pull your gun out and shoot him first? Really?

You’re confusing real life with dumb action movie clichés

So you walk around with gun in hand?
Nope. I walk around with my eyes and ears open. Unlike you it seems. That's the whole point of situational awareness, so that you don't allow morons, thieves, and other undesirables to get close to you.

Nope. I walk around with my eyes and ears open. Unlike you it seems. That's the whole point of situational awareness, so that you don't allow morons, thieves, and other undesirables to get close to you.
What I do is stay out of the ‘hood.

You should do the same.

You’re saying if someone had a gun pointed at you, you could still pull your gun out and shoot him first? Really?

You’re confusing real life with dumb action movie clichés

Yeah, really. You forget, normal response time for a human is 3/4 of a second. I can draw and fire before the vast majority of people even know what is happening.

This was filmed real speed. I used to compete against this guy. I actually beat him once.

I got a couple big guns that work pretty well at deterring any would-be muggers from bothering me in the first place, even in the worst neighborhoods

I got a couple big guns that work pretty well at deterring any would-be muggers from bothering me in the first place, even in the worst neighborhoods
Sadly, you're the kind of target where they just shoot you first. No need to risk anything.

The best scene in a TV show with the 21-foot rule was in "Justified". A guy charges Raylan at night, with a knife, quoting the 21-foot rule. Unfortunately for him, he falls in a pit between them that was dug to bury a dog, and he stabs himself under the chin into his own head with the knife. Raylan apologizes to him as he was dying, saying something like, "Honestly, Donny, if I had seen it, I would have told you!"

I liked that series, In fact I'm going to get it from the library and watch it again soon. Dewey Crowe cracks me up. I've read the Elmore Leonard books as well. They even got the accents down, fairly rare in many movies and shows.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back