U.S. news Florida man found guilty in parking lot shooting of unarmed black man

I guess it's now perfectly legal for these types of people to park in handicap spaces.
Wow dude, just fuckin' wow. Is that really your takeaway here?

I'm not saying that's dumb, but I'm thinking if a zombie was looking for some brains you'd be safe.

When a black guy shoots and kills another black guy over some petty bullshit reason, it doesn't make national headlines. Maybe because there'd be no room to talk about anything else....

I only saw information on when the defendant will be sentenced, nothing on an appeal unless that is not an available option?

Florida man found guilty in controversial 'stand your ground' trial
Aug. 24, 201901:38
Aug. 23, 2019, 8:00 PM PDT / Updated Aug. 23, 2019, 9:42 PM PDT
By Janelle Griffith and Phil Helsel
A white Florida man who fatally shot an unarmed black man during a dispute over a handicapped parking space last year was found guilty of manslaughter on Friday.

Michael Drejka, who killed Markeis McGlockton at the convenience store parking lot in Clearwater, Florida, in July 2018, told detectives he fired at McGlockton because he had been pushed to the ground and feared further attack.

Drejka was remanded into custody Friday night and is scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 10. A presentencing investigation will be completed before the sentencing date.

Drejka did not testify on his own behalf. His defense attorney said Friday during closing arguments that McGlockton caused his own death by shoving Drejka and that Drejka was only protecting himself by firing his gun.

The prosecution rested its case Thursday after two days of testimony. During the trial, which was in Clearwater, the prosecution played video of Drejka's interview with Pinellas County sheriff's detectives hours after the shooting.

180724-markeis-mcglockton-red-stroke-ac-917p_e26cc98cd4acb6817b81e33e11ef994d.fit-760w.jpg

In this Thursday, July 19, 2018 image taken from surveillance video released by the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, Markeis McGlockton, far left, is shot by Michael Drejka during an altercation in the parking lot of a convenience store in Clearwater, Fla.Pinellas County Sheriff's Office via AP file
“I can safely say my family can rest now,” McGlockton’s father, Michael McGlockton, said Friday night after the verdict was delivered. “Now we can start putting the pieces back together and move on.”

Initially, the sheriff's office did not charge Drejka, who has a concealed weapons license, citing self-defense under the state's divisive "stand your ground" law. But almost a month later, prosecutors filed manslaughter charges against Drejka.

Prosecutors had argued that Drejka started the altercation by confronting McGlockton's girlfriend, Britany Jacobs, because she was parked with her children in the handicapped space. They also said Drejka had no reason to fire as McGlockton was retreating.
Florida man found guilty in parking lot shooting of unarmed black man

Drejka is a dumbfuck, definitely. To have a dispute with a Sacred Cow over a parking regulation that the Sacred Cows (america's blacks) don't believe in obeying is sort of stupid.

Drejka needs to be more woke about America's customers in this kind of thing.

I wouldn't confront a cow in Mumbai and threaten to shoot it for being in a handicap parking space

I only saw information on when the defendant will be sentenced, nothing on an appeal unless that is not an available option?

A white Florida man who fatally shot an unarmed black man during a dispute over a handicapped parking space last year was found guilty of manslaughter on Friday.

Michael Drejka, who killed Markeis McGlockton at the convenience store parking lot in Clearwater, Florida, in July 2018, told detectives he fired at McGlockton because he had been pushed to the ground and feared further attack.

Drejka was remanded into custody Friday night and is scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 10. A presentencing investigation will be completed before the sentencing date.

Drejka did not testify on his own behalf. His defense attorney said Friday during closing arguments that McGlockton caused his own death by shoving Drejka and that Drejka was only protecting himself by firing his gun.

The prosecution rested its case Thursday after two days of testimony. During the trial, which was in Clearwater, the prosecution played video of Drejka's interview with Pinellas County sheriff's detectives hours after the shooting.

180724-markeis-mcglockton-red-stroke-ac-917p_e26cc98cd4acb6817b81e33e11ef994d.fit-760w.jpg

In this Thursday, July 19, 2018 image taken from surveillance video released by the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, Markeis McGlockton, far left, is shot by Michael Drejka during an altercation in the parking lot of a convenience store in Clearwater, Fla.Pinellas County Sheriff's Office via AP file
“I can safely say my family can rest now,” McGlockton’s father, Michael McGlockton, said Friday night after the verdict was delivered. “Now we can start putting the pieces back together and move on.”

Initially, the sheriff's office did not charge Drejka, who has a concealed weapons license, citing self-defense under the state's divisive "stand your ground" law. But almost a month later, prosecutors filed manslaughter charges against Drejka.

Prosecutors had argued that Drejka started the altercation by confronting McGlockton's girlfriend, Britany Jacobs, because she was parked with her children in the handicapped space. They also said Drejka had no reason to fire as McGlockton was retreating.

Drejka is a dumbfuck, definitely. To have a dispute with a Sacred Cow over a parking regulation that the Sacred Cows (america's blacks) don't believe in obeying is sort of stupid.

I wouldn't confront a cow in Mumbai and threaten to shoot it for being in a handicap parking space
He didn't threaten to shoot anyone, he shot a criminal for shoving him to the ground.

When a black guy shoots and kills another black guy over some petty bullshit reason, it doesn't make national headlines. Maybe because there'd be no room to talk about anything else....
They're fighting over who gets to sell drugs to suburban whites and Hicks...35 years of GOP brainwashing and we have the worst inequality upward Mobility mental Health and racism in the modern world by far. Great job!

They're fighting over who gets to sell drugs to suburban whites and Hicks...35 years of GOP brainwashing and we have the worst inequality upward Mobility mental Health and racism in the modern world by far. Great job!
Total liar.

Only reason this is even in the news at all is because of the race of the shooter.
The reason this is news is because of the controversary surrounding Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law and its sometimes overzealous invocation by individuals carrying a concealed weapon.

All this does is demonstrate how many individuals who carry have no understanding of our laws particularly those surrounding the proper use of deadly force. Or they understand and just don't care.

Racist much?

I'll answer for you: yes, you are.

Racist much?

Nothing at all "racist" about my comment, which was just a remark about how stupid it is for Honkies to approach African Americans in any situation that might become violent.

Black youths are the nation's Sacred Cows, and that's a fact. The glorification of thugs like Michael Brown is the proof in the pudding.

Racist much?

Nothing at all "racist" about my comment, which was just a remark about how stupid it is for Honkies to approach African Americans in any situation that might become violent.

Black youths are the nation's Sacred Cows, and that's a fact. The glorification of thugs like Michael Brown is the proof in the pudding.
Sorry kid, that's racist whether you like/admit it or not.

Only reason this is even in the news at all is because of the race of the shooter.
The reason this is news is because of the controversary surrounding Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law and its sometimes overzealous invocation by individuals carrying a concealed weapon.

All this does is demonstrate how many individuals who carry have no understanding of our laws particularly those surrounding the proper use of deadly force. Or they understand and just don't care.

If that's the case then how you do explain literally every headline on the subject saying "white man shoots unarmed black man". Why bring race into it?

Racist much?

Sorry kid, that's racist whether you like/admit it or not.
Go to the inner city and live. Live there if you are a honky. Go....spread your rainbow wings.....Prove your view. Show us your virtue.

If that's the case then how you do explain literally every headline on the subject saying "white man shoots unarmed black man". Why bring race into it?
Because how else will we know who is a Nazi, or not a Nazi?

Just an observation here. Stand Your Ground seems to embolden people to use DPF. In a state with Duty To Retreat, a person may have thought twice about pulling his firearm given the same scenario.

Actually, it doesn't....if fact, Black males use it for their defense more often than White males and succeed in court with it......

Just an observation here. Stand Your Ground seems to embolden people to use DPF. In a state with Duty To Retreat, a person may have thought twice about pulling his firearm given the same scenario.
So you prefer to run from criminals assaulting you until they catch you and kill you. Cool.

Forum List

Back