U.S. Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level Since 2006

Why you want to change that definition to include people working up to 34 hours/week is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

because those people want to work full time, are available to do so, and gave an economic reason (their hours had been cut back or they were unable to find a full-time job) for working part time.

when those numbers are 50% higher under Barry than before recession you know Barry has failed big time!!

The nasty little secret Republicans won't discuss is their efforts to block job training.

of course that's liberal and idiotic. There are 50 job training programs that, being govt run, do no good and train people for skills that vanished 25 years ago. If a corporation needs a skill it will need to do the job training itself or go bankrupt. Problem solved thanks to capitalism and solved very very efficiently because the corp knows exactly what skill it needs whereas the govt has no idea!!

Your astounding level of ignorance makes on wonder if you have ever held a job beyond missing porches when throwing rolled up newspapers.

Recruiters constantly hang around Technical Schools, Jr. Colleges and Trade schools looking for talent.

While some companies will pay for some job training, there are jobs that are simply too difficult to learn in a month or two. You need to have an educational foundation to even begin the training.

I know this will be way over your head, but I will attempt an explanation anyway. Some companies, like the one I will at, will go to a couple of universities and offer a project for their Senior class. For instance, a certain type of heat exchanger. Two teams will complete for the project.

As a Senior Design Project, the class will identify the requirement and do the design and engineering and have one made. It has to work. The company paid the university for the work. The young engineers earned experience and two of the guys were hired for the mechanical engineering department. Both eventually left. One, to become a patent lawyer and the other to work on solar energy.

The companies couldn't pay for that because it required years of study. The projects are only limited to seniors.

Now, the reason Republicans don't support this kind of work is because they don't understand it. They think education is indoctrination, getting drunk and partying. You can't argue education with people who think science is a faith and evolution a scam and climate change a conspiracy. I suspect most Republicans don't understand the connection between scientists and their I phones.

The U6 is obviously not a more accurate measure of unemployment because it includes people who have jobs.

dear unemloyment numbers show those who don't have jobs, actually. U6 includes also those who have jobs for one hour a week which obviously is not real employment so it is more accurate in describing state of job market.

If everyone got a 10 hour a week job at Walmart u3 would show 0% unemployment. Got it now?

To you, it's all about a job at Walmart because that's all you are familiar with.

pinqyWhy you want to change that definition to include people working up to 34 hours/week is beyond me.[/quote said:
because those people want to work full time, are available to do so, and gave an economic reason (their hours had been cut back or they were unable to find a full-time job) for working part time.

when those numbers are 50% higher under Barry than before recession you know Barry has failed big time!!
1st, yes they are an important number to track, but to call them Unemployed and to pretend there's no difference than if they had no job at all is ludicrous. You'd be calling someone working 30 hours a week unemployed and someone working 5 hours a week by choice employed.

and second, the U6 rate is 12.1%. Which means you're claiming it was below 8.1% pre-recession.....Nope. Only the highlighted months were below 8.1% Oh, wait,,,that's one month.

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
2007 8.4 8.2 8.0 8.2 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.4 8.4 8.4 8.4 8.8
2008 9.2 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.7 10.1 10.5 10.8 11.0 11.8 12.6 13.6
2009 14.2 15.2 15.8 15.9 16.5 16.5 16.4 16.7 16.7 17.1 17.1 17.1
2010 16.7 17.0 17.1 17.2 16.6 16.4 16.4 16.5 16.8 16.6 16.9 16.6
2011 16.1 16.0 15.9 16.1 15.8 16.1 16.0 16.1 16.3 15.9 15.6 15.2
2012 15.1 15.0 14.5 14.6 14.8 14.8 14.9 14.7 14.7 14.4 14.4 14.4
2013 14.4 14.3 13.8 13.9 13.8 14.2 13.9 13.6 13.6 13.7 13.1 13.1
2014 12.7 12.6 12.7 12.3 12.2 12.1

Hah every time pinqy replies to Ed's nonsense it looks like:

tumblr_n6aok95wQ91tugoyjo1_500.gif

1st, yes they are an important number to track, but to call them Unemployed and to pretend there's no difference than if they had no job at all is ludicrous.

dear, it does not matter what you call them. It matters that there are 50% more unemployed underemployed and discouraged workers now that Barry is in charge. If Obama cuts everyone back to 30 hours a week U3 might be 0% but u6 would tell the story!

1st, yes they are an important number to track, but to call them Unemployed and to pretend there's no difference than if they had no job at all is ludicrous.

dear, it does not matter what you call them. It matters that there are 50% more unemployed underemployed and discouraged workers now that Barry is in charge. If Obama cuts everyone back to 30 hours a week U3 might be 0% but u6 would tell the story!

I already proved that's not the case. And total marginally attached and discouraged are lower than when Obama took office. Oh, and part time for economic reasons is lower, too.

Do you need me to hold your hand and show you where to find the data?

I already proved that's not the case. And total marginally attached and discouraged are lower than when Obama took office. Oh, and part time for economic reasons is lower, too.

Do you need me to hold your hand and show you where to find the data?

I already proved that's not the case.

that??? what is that????

The typical edit the post and then play dumb response of the totally dishonest! :eusa_liar:

How Liberals think the economy works

"I've been unemployed for the last three years, I think I'll retire now"

"Gee these unemployed checks and food stamps are really stimulating the economy. If I go to work now, it will hurt the Obama economy"

Obama's current figures are a giant shell game. Employment may very well be on the rise but so is under-employment. Obama's goal is and always has been to "share the wealth." I have a friend who is currently flipping burgers at a fast food because he can't find a job as a qualified and experienced CNC operator. I realize that this is only one, small example but I've heard other professionals express to me (I work in an industrial supply house) that work in their fields is hard to come by right now and that jobs that pay good money are scarce. I can only judge the current situation by what my eyes see and my ears hear.

Hah every time pinqy replies to Ed's nonsense it looks like:

tumblr_n6aok95wQ91tugoyjo1_500.gif

His problem is that he thinks a Walmart Fork Lift Operator is "skilled labor".

TOYOTA%20IN%20RACK%20AGAIN.jpg

Funny thing, my first MOS was forklift driver.

But since I haven't commented on quality of jobs, just pointing out that having a job is never the same as being unemployed, your comment makes no sense

Course it makes sense. It's always better having a job than not having a job. But in many instances, the hard work happens before you get the job. You can learn to be a fork lift operator in one afternoon. But to be a machinist running a CNC machine, that takes weeks or even months. And you have to have education foundation even for that. There is a forklift operator where I work and he barely speaks a little English. You can't call that "skilled work". And the more skills the job requires, the fewer people available to do that job.

It makes you wonder, what kinds of jobs do USMB Republicans have when they don't even know the meaning of the word "skill".

Obama's current figures are a giant shell game. Employment may very well be on the rise but so is under-employment. Obama's goal is and always has been to "share the wealth." I have a friend who is currently flipping burgers at a fast food because he can't find a job as a qualified and experienced CNC operator. I realize that this is only one, small example but I've heard other professionals express to me (I work in an industrial supply house) that work in their fields is hard to come by right now and that jobs that pay good money are scarce. I can only judge the current situation by what my eyes see and my ears hear.

Cnc Operator Jobs on CareerBuilder.com

Cnc Operator jobs | Jobs2Careers

CNC

Why do Republicans on this site say things that are so easy to disprove? They never seem to be able to learn their lesson.

you have to love their games

because people have stopped claiming unemployment benefits that must mean they are all employed now

what a deceitful racket for a deceitful party

because people have stopped claiming unemployment benefits that must mean they are all employed now
We'll be sure to let you know when any measure of employment takes whether people are claiming benefits into account, until then carry on with gibberish.

what a deceitful racket for a deceitful party

What on earth are you talking about? First, classification of Unemployed has nothing to do with eligibility or receipt of benefits and never has.
Second, there is a third category of "Not in the Labor Force" which is defined as those who are not working and not trying to work.

You sound extremely foolish when you criticize something that doesn't exist and flaunt your ignorance of reality.

Forum List

Back