U.N.: Record 1 Billion People Worldwide are Hungry

Africa suffers today from the same things from which it has always suffered tribalism disease poverty and ignorance. While the colonialists failed to much to cure these conditions they simply were there to short a time and in insufficient numbers to have any major impact either culturally or otherwise, until the discovery of quinine in the late 1880's as a cure for malaria Subsaharan Africa was a death sentence for most Europeans.

Starvation in Africa at this time is largely the result of Governments using food as a weapon against their political opponents.

It is doubtful if the Portuguese managed to kill 30 million Congolese simply because there were never that many Congolese to begin with. The climate of the Congo - tropical rain forest and one of the wettest places on earth in terms of annual rainfall - simply makes agriculture difficult if not impossible and without agriculture populations in excess of 1 million simply cannot be maintained.

Last edited:
i blame the hungry. plant a fucking seed, and kill a fucking animal for goodness sake

I did that once... turns out there's certain berries you shouldn't eat.

Of course... plants would be hard to find anyway in a drought striken desert & animals are a Hell of alot smarter then humans so you don't find them in places with droughts and shit. So... I guess we should all just be free-spirited pot-smoking nomads. Sounds fun. Might cause more hunger though.

yeah, its called being smarter than your circumstances. if there is no food growing, if youre unable to plant where you are, if you cant find an animal then get your ass up, and eat insects as you travel till you find a place to plant a fucking seed and kill an animal. like I said man, you gotta be smarter than your circumstances.

Africa suffers today from the same things from which it has always suffered tribalism disease poverty and ignorance.

uughh... :rolleyes:Source?

Starvation in Africa at this time is largely the result of Governments using food as a weapon against their political opponents.

Nice theory specific details (nations, specific leaders, specific instances)?

It is doubtful if the Portuguese managed to kill 30 million Congolese simply because there were never that many Congolese to begin with. The climate of the Congo - tropical rain forest and one of the wettest places on earth in terms of annual rainfall - simply makes agriculture difficult if not impossible and without agriculture populations in excess of 1 million simply cannot be maintained.

Father-Jesus-Holy Ghost help me. ::covers eyes with hands & looks up:: If it wasn't 3am in the morning, this would be hilarious, but it is, and unfortunetly I'm to tired to see the humor in this statement. I'm going to be blunt sir, your an idiot. I thought maybe we just had different opinions and that's wonderful... I like people that don't have the same opinion as me. But wow, you've topped it for me tonight. The current population of the Democratic Republic (the former Congo Free State of BELGIUM) is 66 million.

Democratic Republic of the Congo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is GRANTED population growth Worldwide has been great in the 21st century, especially in thrid world nations...

In the 1800s the ALL estimates put the population over 30 million. Some estimate the genocide at 5 million, some all the way to 30 million and most estimates declare that after the genocide there were only 8 million.
Congo Free State - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sir, clearly your not a climatologist or an expert on Africa or African history. So please, shut up. Thanks.

i blame the hungry. plant a fucking seed, and kill a fucking animal for goodness sake

Of course... plants would be hard to find anyway in a drought striken desert & animals are a Hell of alot smarter then humans so you don't find them in places with droughts and shit. So... I guess we should all just be free-spirited pot-smoking nomads. Sounds fun. Might cause more hunger though.

yeah, its called being smarter than your circumstances. if there is no food growing, if youre unable to plant where you are, if you cant find an animal then get your ass up, and eat insects as you travel till you find a place to plant a fucking seed and kill an animal. like I said man, you gotta be smarter than your circumstances.

Hey not argueing. I like the idea of the whole nomad thing. I think nomads are the smartest people in the world. F-staying in one place... but I feel you though.

Hey not argueing. I like the idea of the whole nomad thing. I think nomads are the smartest people in the world. F-staying in one place... but I feel you though.

yeah, it has nothing to do with being a nomad, it has to do with taking reponsibility for your life instead of letting fuckstains dictate the terms of your existance.

Now, I don't like doing this because it's always been a futile effort since racists who think Africans are just a bunch of "ooga boogas

Because then you wouldn't be making such grossly misinformed and hateful statements. Or maybe you're yet another Nazi fucker that thinks all blacks are retarded animals that need to be ruled by the superior whites.

Go fuck yourself you lousy excuse for a human being.

View attachment 8452

Bigots, I guess I could never point out to a bigot they are a bigot yet here is a perfect example of two bigots. Both users know nothing of me yet they feel good being the people they accuse others of. Nothing I can post of the current events in Africa will make a difference to these two fools.

Well, for anyone else who cares I posted a picture of me and my wife. Just so you dumb asses dont notice, I am pure white and she is pure African.

You two are lousy souls, seriously you should be shamed but I am sure your so full of yourselves you will rip this post as well. That is exactly what a bigot is, you two fools are pure bigots,

I am lousy excuse for a human being yet I married the exact person you accuse me of hating and being racist against. You got to feel the fool, maybe you might even feel I lured you in and revealed your true self, feel tricked, you know nothing of me yet made statements about me that in no way can apply to me.

And dont think this one pick is fluke, I can post hundreds.

Dumb fucking bigots, I wont even speculate as to your political leanings, its too big of an insult for anyone else that may be of the same political mind.

Nothing Neser Boner says is relevant nor is to be beleived, someone who does not have the common sense to not accuse others of being a racist without knowing detail of the person obviously makes decisions based on an incomplete education. Sure what you post may have a basis on fact but those who accuse others of being a racist erronously obviously lack common sense and reasoning, same goes for the other bigot Uptownlivin90 that chooses to make shit up.

:rofl: Ok, so, having a black wife somehow absolves you of being a total dumbass and not knowing SHIT about what's happened in African since the good ol' colonial days. You just base your entire opinion on what one old white South African told you ... :lol:

You're laughable.

Actually they haven't been. "Westerners" have still had a serious hand in alot of formerly colonized nations. Somolia and Haiti being two of them. Not to mention the major hand the Belgians had in stirring up the Rwandan genocide.

Que? I seem to remember hearing of 26 Belgian peace keeper paratroopers having their genitalia cut off and stuffed in their mouths. Is this fomenting of genocide you are talking of?

... types the fat man with a greasy face while crunching away on a mouthful of potato chips. Yeah, I'm sure you have a lot to teach those poor fuckers.

Source the current population is 66 million that's largely thanks to modern container shipping. Thoughout most of its history according to wiki the population of various major ethnic goups has been under 200k. You do get a lot more people if you throw in Rwanda and Burundi.

You do know that most African political parties are in fact amalgams of preexisting tribal alliances within the country, do you not? If not read up aon Kenya. This is in fact a feature of most African nation states. The greatest disservice done most of Africa by the colonialist was the fact that they short circuited the natural unifiction process that occurs over time. That's especially true of the Congo where Belgian insistance upon ethnic/tribal id cards exascerbated already existing tribal differences.

One must also remember that tribes in Africa are more akin to ethnic groups and are in general far more populous than what we Westerners tend to think of when someone says tribe.

We ship hundreds of tons of grains to Somalia Darfur and other African countries a lot of which rots in warehouses because those in charge will not distribute this food among all the people in the region. Just there political allies. Another problem of course is bad policy decisions that preclude agriculture of the sort that feeds people in favor of crops that are marketable overseas.

U.N.: Record 1 Billion People Worldwide are Hungry - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

How tragic, the misuse of providing food and overpopulation are having major effects. I don't see a positive ending to this story.
And you never will.

Until such time as aid from the Western world is actually given to the people rather then the corrupt murders that run these countries, the people will continue to starve. It is first year psychology. A brutal killer in power sees how he can extort the caring world for more foods and monies from countries that allow their own humanity get in the way of doing anything effective.

I don't buy that arguement, because not every nation in Africa is ruled by ruthless dictators, and I'm going to be frank most nations in the third world with ruthless dictators tend to do better, because elitist military dictatorships tend to invest in the allusion of comfort for the larger portion of their middle class. It's not good for a dictator to have the majority of it's people starving. Poor yes. Unable to work and produce stuff no. Foreign debt is the main reason for poverty in the third world, as I've stated before.
Thats too bad. Because in fact, My argument is pretty valid. In every case where their are people suffering from starvation or simple straight forward genocide, it is caused by the powers that be holding the aid given to that country from the civilized world from the people who need that aid.

There is no good living under ruthless dictators unless you are part of the brutality perpetuated against the poor.

Source the current population is 66 million that's largely thanks to modern container shipping. Thoughout most of its history according to wiki the population of various major ethnic goups has been under 200k. You do get a lot more people if you throw in Rwanda and Burundi.

You do know that most African political parties are in fact amalgams of preexisting tribal alliances within the country, do you not? If not read up aon Kenya. This is in fact a feature of most African nation states. The greatest disservice done most of Africa by the colonialist was the fact that they short circuited the natural unifiction process that occurs over time. That's especially true of the Congo where Belgian insistance upon ethnic/tribal id cards exascerbated already existing tribal differences.

One must also remember that tribes in Africa are more akin to ethnic groups and are in general far more populous than what we Westerners tend to think of when someone says tribe.

We ship hundreds of tons of grains to Somalia Darfur and other African countries a lot of which rots in warehouses because those in charge will not distribute this food among all the people in the region. Just there political allies. Another problem of course is bad policy decisions that preclude agriculture of the sort that feeds people in favor of crops that are marketable overseas.

Really why are you still talking?

And you never will.

Until such time as aid from the Western world is actually given to the people rather then the corrupt murders that run these countries, the people will continue to starve. It is first year psychology. A brutal killer in power sees how he can extort the caring world for more foods and monies from countries that allow their own humanity get in the way of doing anything effective.

I don't buy that arguement, because not every nation in Africa is ruled by ruthless dictators, and I'm going to be frank most nations in the third world with ruthless dictators tend to do better, because elitist military dictatorships tend to invest in the allusion of comfort for the larger portion of their middle class. It's not good for a dictator to have the majority of it's people starving. Poor yes. Unable to work and produce stuff no. Foreign debt is the main reason for poverty in the third world, as I've stated before.
Thats too bad. Because in fact, My argument is pretty valid. In every case where their are people suffering from starvation or simple straight forward genocide, it is caused by the powers that be holding the aid given to that country from the civilized world from the people who need that aid.

There is no good living under ruthless dictators unless you are part of the brutality perpetuated against the poor.

Or maybe just because aid runs out because it's aid... welfare and debt chokes the life out of nation's economies so they can't function. I need to see evidence (sources) that every African nation that faces poverty and hunger is ruled by a ruthless regime. Since your such an expert on African political history, this should be no problem for you.

U.N.: Record 1 Billion People Worldwide are Hungry - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

NAIROBI, Kenya — Parents in some of Africa's poorest countries are cutting back on school, clothes and basic medical care just to give their children a meal once a day, experts say. Still, it is not enough.

A record 1 billion people worldwide are hungry and a new report says the number will increase if governments do not spend more on agriculture. According to the U.N. food agency, which issued the report, 30 countries now require emergency aid, including 20 in Africa.

The trend continues despite a goal set by world leaders nine years ago to cut the number of hungry people in half by 2015.

"We know a child dies every six seconds of malnutrition," he said.

The world's most populous region, Asia and the Pacific, has the largest number of hungry people — 642 million — followed by Sub-Saharan Africa with 265 million.

The FAO says global food output will have to increase by 70 percent to feed a projected population of 9.1 billion in 2050.

To achieve that, poor countries will need $44 billion in annual agricultural aid, compared with the current $7.9 billion, to increase access to irrigation systems and modern machinery as well as build roads and train farmers.

How tragic, the misuse of providing food and overpopulation are having major effects. I don't see a positive ending to this story.

Yet Wall street whiteboy executives continue to pay themselves hundreds of millions of dollars in bonuses, while people in America suffer, and people around the world starve.!!

Or maybe just because aid runs out because it's aid... welfare and debt chokes the life out of nation's economies so they can't function. I need to see evidence (sources) that every African nation that faces poverty and hunger is ruled by a ruthless regime. Since your such an expert on African political history, this should be no problem for you.

Its not so much that the countries are ruled by ruthless regimes but rather they live in a system devoid of the concept of a "public good." The result is a system of patronage where divisible goods are given usually along political, religious, ethnic, etc lines to supporters. Africa has very different political and social institutions than what you are used to. This has to do with the results of European colonization of the continent, African cultures, and the fact that many of the governments of countries in Africa are very young and lack authority and legitimacy.

We have hungry citizens here in our own country.​

Give to Feeding America.​

\/
l
l
l
l
l
v​

Last edited:
Now, I don't like doing this because it's always been a futile effort since racists who think Africans are just a bunch of "ooga boogas

Because then you wouldn't be making such grossly misinformed and hateful statements. Or maybe you're yet another Nazi fucker that thinks all blacks are retarded animals that need to be ruled by the superior whites.

Go fuck yourself you lousy excuse for a human being.

View attachment 8452

Bigots, I guess I could never point out to a bigot they are a bigot yet here is a perfect example of two bigots. Both users know nothing of me yet they feel good being the people they accuse others of. Nothing I can post of the current events in Africa will make a difference to these two fools.

Well, for anyone else who cares I posted a picture of me and my wife. Just so you dumb asses dont notice, I am pure white and she is pure African.

You two are lousy souls, seriously you should be shamed but I am sure your so full of yourselves you will rip this post as well. That is exactly what a bigot is, you two fools are pure bigots,

I am lousy excuse for a human being yet I married the exact person you accuse me of hating and being racist against. You got to feel the fool, maybe you might even feel I lured you in and revealed your true self, feel tricked, you know nothing of me yet made statements about me that in no way can apply to me.

And dont think this one pick is fluke, I can post hundreds.

Dumb fucking bigots, I wont even speculate as to your political leanings, its too big of an insult for anyone else that may be of the same political mind.

Nothing Neser Boner says is relevant nor is to be beleived, someone who does not have the common sense to not accuse others of being a racist without knowing detail of the person obviously makes decisions based on an incomplete education. Sure what you post may have a basis on fact but those who accuse others of being a racist erronously obviously lack common sense and reasoning, same goes for the other bigot Uptownlivin90 that chooses to make shit up.

:rofl: Ok, so, having a black wife somehow absolves you of being a total dumbass and not knowing SHIT about what's happened in African since the good ol' colonial days. You just base your entire opinion on what one old white South African told you ... :lol:

You're laughable.

and your a dumb fucking bigot with your head up your ass talking about shit you know nothing the fuck about while fucking up accusing people of being racists. Your hear as bigoted troll flaming users with your prejudice. This is why there are problems in the world, its people such as messy boner (did I spell that right?) that fuck up the world. Your posts aint worth spit.

Africa sucks because of a lack of capitalism and too much liberal/marxist/politically correct assholes putting their fingers in it. Africa is fucked up because of assholes like boner who accuse others of being racists and not having a clue as to what the real problem is. Boner is the same type of person that followed Hitler, I thought I would never understand Nazis but I do now.

I got to say at least the other guy seems to be smart enough not to dig himself deeper in a hole but some fools are simply born a fool and remain a fool.

On to the subject.

The UN says how many are hungry, The UN is the problem, they make the problem of hunger even greater, do I need a source, no, look it up yourselves, the UN makes the problem of hunger worst than it need be. Further the UN is not to be believed, how many officials at the UN have been convicted of rape and embezzling, how many accused of corruption.

Its time to end the UN and the world hunger problem just proves this point.

Care for a source, provide a source that disproves the UN is a problem

Provide a source proving any UN report is truthful.

The UN is nothing but a bunch of corrupt politicians and thats the last thing the world needs more of.

Starvation, another liberal failure.

Of course.

http://www.un.org

A little research will help improve your outlook on life.

And you never will.

This quoted post says it best, until the fools acknowledge this their will always be problems of this magnitude in the third world.

Forum List

Back