Typical ways of inviting the devil into your life.

Fundamentally selfish.

"What's in it for me", in other words

Yeah. After what I’ve been through (beyond my dad), I’ve learned the o my entities looking out for my well being are ME, MYSELF. and I. I’ve also learned that wasting time worrying about others just takes away from the time I have to protect my Ken interests.

Your God has proven he doesn’t give a fuck about me or mine for 45 years, so I’m definitely not wasting any of my resources on Him or His.

Fundamentally selfish.

"What's in it for me", in other words

Yeah. After what I’ve been through (beyond my dad), I’ve learned the o my entities looking out for my well being are ME, MYSELF. and I. I’ve also learned that wasting time worrying about others just takes away from the time I have to protect my Ken interests.

Your God has proven he doesn’t give a fuck about me or mine for 45 years, so I’m definitely not wasting any of my resources on Him or His.

Your dad was a good, decent and faithful man, and I'm really glad for you that you had that influence on your life. Did he turn on God when he suffered?

Would he be proud of your attitude toward God here, of your priorities in life?

Things to think about, maybe

Your dad was a good, decent and faithful man, and I'm really glad for you that you had that influence on your life. Did he turn on God when he suffered?

No he didn’t turn; and that was one of my greatest frustrations at the end. “Thank you Sir, May I have another!!” has never been part of my way of looking at the world.

He would not be proud of many of the things I do. Then again he and I rarely saw eye to eye on tings when he was alive. I respect(ed) him but we were never close and since I don’t believe in Love I can’t say that I loved him.

He and I had very different visions of the world from very different viewpoints. I respected his far more than he ever respected mine. He couldn’t understand my experiences and how they shaped me.

No he didn’t turn; and that was one of my greatest frustrations at the end. “Thank you Sir, May I have another!!” has never been part of my way of looking at the world.

He would not be proud of many of the things I do. Then again he and I rarely saw eye to eye on tings when he was alive. I respect(ed) him but we were never close and since I don’t believe in Love I can’t say that I loved him.

He and I had very different visions of the world from very different viewpoints. I respected his far more than he ever respected mine. He couldn’t understand my experiences and how they shaped me.

You probably know "not believing in love" is not really the common experience. I'm just curious if you have ever felt loving toward anyone

What did you see in those 27 years. Were they in the church or just in general. And you better be honest and not exaggerate

What did I see? I saw a family where you literally cannot swing an arm without hitting church workers, people of true faith, even members of the clergy itself undergo pain, loss, and suffering far beyond that which they deserved and far more than the unwashed masses around them.

The final straw was watching the most good, decent and faithful man I’ve ever known (my father) wither away and die from Cancer over a three year period while your/his God looked in and did nothing to stop it.

I'm sorry you had to see that. Cancer is awful.

But suffering was to be expected. It is wrong, very wrong, for some very wrong Christians to give the idea that Christians will have it easier than others in this life. We will not, and in some cases will have it even harder. Jesus said "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! For I have overcome the world." --John 16:33
Accept your shit lot in life because when YOU'RE DEAD you'll be rewarded. Biggest scam ever.

No. Not even close.

But you just want to be angry at the God you are sure doesn't exist. So you do you
I'm not angry at something that hasn't been proven to exist. That would be absurd and ridiculous.

You probably know "not believing in love" is not really the common experience. I'm just curious if you have ever felt loving toward anyone

Love, no. At least not that I can remember. Sympathy, Compassion, and Care but not Love.

Then again I must also say that I’ve never felt Loved either. That’s not to say I haven’t been Loved; but I tend to believe that somehow I just don’t operate on a wavelength that Love interacts with.

Maybe you don't want to answer my last question and that's fair enough.

I just wanted to leave you with this thought: I think a lot of people believe that Christianity is "emotional" or whatever but in reality....if it's true, it's big enough for everyone God calls.

There are many ways to approach Christianity and many ways to be a Christian. God is Love. That is true. He is also Merciful. Also true. He is also Judge. I see in your signature that you seem to understand wrong and right, morality--that comes from God.

I'm just saying there's a lot about Christianity that does not actually require emotion. That is actually--an exchange. I cannot persuade you into it, actually. You will either be called or you will not--I just wanted to leave you with those thoughts, that's all.

Love, no. At least not that I can remember. Sympathy, Compassion, and Care but not Love.

Then again I must also say that I’ve never felt Loved either. That’s not to say I haven’t been Loved; but I tend to believe that somehow I just don’t operate on a wavelength that Love interacts with.

People are made all kinds of ways and have all kinds of experiences.

If God is true, He knows this. And He knows it best.

Because without free will there is no real love. We are then just automatons.

That doesn't answer the question.
It is better to be God's automaton, then going through the process of the devil transforming you into his automaton.

You're making stuff up. Probably never even read the Bible through
What I wrote was observations. However I read the Bible very rigorously, as I am a Christian myself.

I am very dubious of your claim to Christianity--either that or you MUST--I mean this with genuine concern--you MUST turn away from whomever is teaching you this stuff about the devil.

It's not Christian. I am rebuking you as a supposed Brother. When you are spouting stuff for public consumption that is "not in the Bible" and doing so as a Christian....no

I accept your rebuking me. However physical observations are still facts worthy of discussion, especially if the entire industry of deliverance ministries are already working on it for centuries.

That doesn't answer the question.
It is better to be God's automaton, then going through the process of the devil transforming you into his automaton.

What I wrote was observations. However I read the Bible very rigorously, as I am a Christian myself.

I am very dubious of your claim to Christianity--either that or you MUST--I mean this with genuine concern--you MUST turn away from whomever is teaching you this stuff about the devil.

It's not Christian. I am rebuking you as a supposed Brother. When you are spouting stuff for public consumption that is "not in the Bible" and doing so as a Christian....no

I accept your rebuking me. However physical observations are still facts worthy of discussion, especially if the entire industry of deliverance ministries are already working on it for centuries.

I am not disputing demonic possession. That is in the Bible. I am disputing the claims that you made that you said "were not in the Bible" and that other people can voodoo or whatever demons into people's lives and ESPECIALLY the strong implication that this can happen to Christians. No, because that implies that demons are stronger than the Holy Spirit.

What did you see in those 27 years. Were they in the church or just in general. And you better be honest and not exaggerate

What did I see? I saw a family where you literally cannot swing an arm without hitting church workers, people of true faith, even members of the clergy itself undergo pain, loss, and suffering far beyond that which they deserved and far more than the unwashed masses around them.

The final straw was watching the most good, decent and faithful man I’ve ever known (my father) wither away and die from Cancer over a three year period while your/his God looked in and did nothing to stop it.

Mysterious are the ways of the Llord, and your observation about your father is well in line of the thesis of this thread.

Why would a loving god subject his creations to an evil being that he created?

He created the whole universe and the only place he could banish Satan was the earth?

Because it was worth it.

That's the only answer to subjecting someone you love to temporary pain, right? Like when we take our babies in for shots. Or we tell them no to candy before dinner.

It was worth it.

An eternal evil being is not temporary pain.

So do you subject your kids to the "temporary" pain of child molesters?

The devil is not eternal.

He has been around for how long?

Don't have a date on that. Don't know. But he is not God. He will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and be tormented forever and ever. Revelation 20:10

Satan is an angel
God could end him with a snap of his fingers but he would rather let him torment the people of the earth

That doesn't sound like a "loving" god to me

I am not disputing demonic possession. That is in the Bible. I am disputing the claims that you made that you said "were not in the Bible" and that other people can voodoo or whatever demons into people's lives and ESPECIALLY the strong implication that this can happen to Christians. No, because that implies that demons are stronger than the Holy Spirit.

No, this doesn't imply that the devil is stronger than the Holly Spirit. You may easily be locked out of the Holly Spirit, for example if you live in an Atheistic household, or you are a minor child in a Babtist community, or if Hebrews 6:6 applies to you.

Where did I say something was not in the Bible? The fact that other people can force the devil into you may or may not be in the Bible,I don't know, it is just a fact. And that can happen to Christian's too, as all Christians are at various development stages far yet from perfection.

Because it was worth it.

That's the only answer to subjecting someone you love to temporary pain, right? Like when we take our babies in for shots. Or we tell them no to candy before dinner.

It was worth it.

Don't have a date on that. Don't know. But he is not God. He will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and be tormented forever and ever. Revelation 20:10

Satan is an angel
God could end him with a snap of his fingers but he would rather let him torment the people of the earth

Romans 20, the entire world is subjected to torment in the hope that it can be brought out of its decay and into the light of God. (Paraphrased as I don't exactly remember the words.)

Maybe you don't want to answer my last question and that's fair enough...

...I'm just saying there's a lot about Christianity that does not actually require emotion. That is actually--an exchange. I cannot persuade you into it, actually. You will either be called or you will not--I just wanted to leave you with those thoughts, that's all.

I spent two and a half years after my father’s death looking for an answer. I talked to clergy from just about every organized religion Faith you could imagine, and I still couldn’t find an answer.

Many didn’t even bother to try to give me an answer. Some gave me the same schtick I’d heard for 27 years. Others prattled on about the unknowability of God. None of them did me any good.

It was only after I started looking at my own experiences and the world at large that I began to find things that made sense to me in terms of Spirituality and the like. They may not make sense to others but they do for me.

Maybe you don't want to answer my last question and that's fair enough...

...I'm just saying there's a lot about Christianity that does not actually require emotion. That is actually--an exchange. I cannot persuade you into it, actually. You will either be called or you will not--I just wanted to leave you with those thoughts, that's all.

I spent two and a half years after my father’s death looking for an answer. I talked to clergy from just about every organized religion Faith you could imagine, and I still couldn’t find an answer.

Many didn’t even bother to try to give me an answer. Some gave me the same schtick I’d heard for 27 years. Others prattled on about the unknowability of God. None of them did me any good.

It was only after I started looking at my own experiences and the world at large that I began to find things that made sense to me in terms of Spirituality and the like. They may not make sense to others but they do for me.

Well if you were looking for the answer to, "Why did my dad suffer and die from cancer," no one could presume to tell you that. Or they shouldn't presume to tell you that.

Satan is an angel

Romans 20, the entire world is subjected to torment in the hope that it can be brought out of its decay and into the light of God. (Paraphrased as I don't exactly remember the words.)

Yeah that seems like a stupid way to demonstrate your love of people

Well if you were looking for the answer to, "Why did my dad suffer and die from cancer," no one could presume to tell you that. Or they shouldn't presume to tell you that.

Actually, my question was a version of the one most often asked... Why do bad things happen to good people?

Only after my search did I read the book “When bad things happen to good people”. Interesting book, though I disagree with its conclusion.

Probably the best way is not inviting God into your life

Yes, this is very interesting too. And I risk to add, that after the devil enters into a person in this way, it will prevent that person from accepting God.

This can happen to children too, whose parents don't invite God into their lives at an early age.
So the children get punished for the sins of the father? Sounds like something the devil would do.

Yes, the Old Testament does say that God punishes children for the parents' sins up to 4 generations. Unfortunately, it doesn't say for how many generations the devil punishes people for their parents' sins.
It also says that the son will not be punished for the father's doings and visa versa. The key is to turn away from the error, sin, or wickedness.

Many ways that you can open the door for a spiritual adversary (devil). Lies, drugs, false accusations are a few I can think of that flings a door wide open. There are errors of all sorts humans can make that can open those doors.

Forum List

Back