Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

Nature gives us life and spirit. Our spirit gives us god. A god within each of us is very ancient thinking.

We cannot define our gods exactly. We can only use analogies.

I think that supernatural gods do not need anything from us. They do not need toys.

If we are to serve any god, it should be one that gives life and that is Earth.

Earth cannot speak. Only life in the form of a man can.

In the natural world, all life worships its own natural likeness. All except man.

Why are we fighting nature, and idol worshiping imaginary gods, as we destroy our eco system?

Regards

DL

Nature abhors a vacuum. As some species die off, they will be replaced by others in time. Maybe not enough time to have one as a pet as humans will be extinct eventually as well, but inevitably nonetheless

99 percent of all species is that have ever existed are now extinct. So, which extinction "event" are you refering to?

Nature gives us life and spirit. Our spirit gives us god. A god within each of us is very ancient thinking.

I think that supernatural gods do not need anything from us. They do not need toys.

In the natural world, all life worships its own natural likeness. All except man.

Why are we fighting nature, and idol worshiping imaginary gods, as we destroy our eco system?

Regards

DL
God created the material world to experience the material world through us.

99 percent of all species is that have ever existed are now extinct. So, which extinction "event" are you refering to?

The major one happening to the Earth as we speak.

I understand the numbers you give. I wonder how close humans are to being numbered as the extinct.

What do you think the odds are?

Regards
DL

The major one happening to the Earth as we speak.

I understand the numbers you give. I wonder how close humans are to being numbered as the extinct.

What do you think the odds are?

Regards
DL
Which one is that? Which species?

Regards

DL

So your god is a voyeur and can only pretend to be better than those with life and spirit.

That is how I refute your initial lie.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL

So your god is a voyeur and can only pretend to be better than those with life and spirit.

That is how I refute your initial lie.

Regards
DL
No. He literally experiences it through us.

Pretend? He left that for you to do.

I really don't think this is a good argument. Just because most species have gone extinct doesn't mean we should plunder the Earth with no regard for the entire ecosystems we are disrupting and destroying. That way of thinking is selfish and irresponsible. We know better, and so we should expect more from ourselves and do better.

I really don't think this is a good argument. Just because most species have gone extinct doesn't mean we should plunder the Earth with no regard for the entire ecosystems we are disrupting and destroying. That way of thinking is selfish and irresponsible. We know better, and so we should expect more from ourselves and do better.
What "argument"? I asked a question...

Did I misunderstand the intention behind your question?

I guess so; because my only intention was to glean "what extinction event" this thread is predicated on.

I guess so; because my only intention was to glean "what extinction event" this thread is predicated on.

So do you agree or disagree that humans should make an effort to not cause extinction through their own actions? Do you agree that it would be ridiculous to think it doesn't matter because most species that have ever existed no longer do?

So do you agree or disagree that humans should make an effort to not cause extinction through their own actions? Do you agree that it would be ridiculous to think it doesn't matter because most species that have ever existed no longer do?
Maybe... Sort of... I guess it depends on how far one is willing to take it. The larger our population gets, the more species we will inevitably edge out. But... there are also a great many who ride our coat tails and flourish like never before. Like the house cat. I've heard it said, though I can't vouch for the veracity of it; that the house cat is responsible for more extinctions than any creature living today. And even with us hurting some species, these cats are doing better than they ever would have otherwise. And that goes for a great many creatures.

Last edited:

Regards

DL

No, it really wouldn't.

The current, Holocene extinction event. Which one did you think? Come on, you could have puzzled that out for yourself.

Regards

DL
One could be a deist and do this...

Forum List

Back