Typical ways of inviting the devil into your life.

Probably the best way is not inviting God into your life

Yes, this is very interesting too. And I risk to add, that after the devil enters into a person in this way, it will prevent that person from accepting God.

This can happen to children too, whose parents don't invite God into their lives at an early age.
So the children get punished for the sins of the father? Sounds like something the devil would do.

Yes, the Old Testament does say that God punishes children for the parents' sins up to 4 generations. Unfortunately, it doesn't say for how many generations the devil punishes people for their parents' sins.
So God may be better than the devil. Good to know but that bar is pretty low.

When you think about it, it is quite a system. My son will be punished for my sins, my father's sins, and both my grandfather's sins. That's a lot of punishing. Will he be punished for his mother's sins too? That would be the sins of 8 people! Brutal.

OK. I'm completely convinced now. I wasn't sure if you were batshit crazy, but you've convinced me now.
Like I said, don't try it out, there are too many idiots that do, and then it is too late. The items mentioned in this thread happen often everywhere. Not believing them is no help to its victims worldwide. Luckily, there are many intelligent posters in this thread who provided excellent analysis and discussion about this problem.

Got it. You think people can sick the devil on others like a coon hunter sicks his dog on a coon. Do you have to take a class to learn that skill, or is it just natural talent?

Like I said it happens whether you want it or not. Abuse, ancestry, and emotions such as love are the most frequent transfer agents of it.

How does that work? Do you just do an incantation, or do you have to do a little dance too to make it work?

I don't know, the how is not a question of this thread,

This thread brings up a lot of questions. What you have been smoking is at the top of the list.

It's an interesting notion, that the devil actually takes people over. It does explain the Tea Party.

It is better to be God's automaton, then going through the process of the devil transforming you into his automaton.

You're making stuff up. Probably never even read the Bible through
What I wrote was observations. However I read the Bible very rigorously, as I am a Christian myself.

I am very dubious of your claim to Christianity--either that or you MUST--I mean this with genuine concern--you MUST turn away from whomever is teaching you this stuff about the devil.

It's not Christian. I am rebuking you as a supposed Brother. When you are spouting stuff for public consumption that is "not in the Bible" and doing so as a Christian....no

I accept your rebuking me. However physical observations are still facts worthy of discussion, especially if the entire industry of deliverance ministries are already working on it for centuries.

I am not disputing demonic possession. That is in the Bible. I am disputing the claims that you made that you said "were not in the Bible" and that other people can voodoo or whatever demons into people's lives and ESPECIALLY the strong implication that this can happen to Christians. No, because that implies that demons are stronger than the Holy Spirit.

There are too many replies, I can't keep track, so I apologize if I have already replied your post here.

I agree that it is less likely to happen to Christian's that another person puts the devil into them. But not all Christians harbor the Holy Spirit inside themselves. Then it can happen.

The biggest lie of the devil so far has been that he doesn't exist. The second biggest is that you have to invite him yourself to fall victim. In this thread, I am making an attempt to expose this second lie.

The devil is not eternal.

He has been around for how long?

Don't have a date on that. Don't know. But he is not God. He will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and be tormented forever and ever. Revelation 20:10

Satan is an angel
God could end him with a snap of his fingers but he would rather let him torment the people of the earth

That doesn't sound like a "loving" god to me
Romans 20, the entire world is subjected to torment in the hope that it can be brought out of its decay and into the light of God. (Paraphrased as I don't exactly remember the words.)

Yeah that seems like a stupid way to demonstrate your love of people
Guess what, it gets better, because in the Revelations, it doesn't say that this entire saving of the universe of Romans 20 has succeeded at all. Instead, it says that the old earth passed away altogether, and God made a new one.

But this can be seen as God's mercy. The death of the patient, called earth or universe is granted after so much suffering.

Even better, the Revelations says that the pain will be wiped off, so the physical time references of the sufferings will disappear too. The real and absolute way to heal something when making it new. Only God can do that.

But I agree. The suffering is too much. The Bible says that God doesn't make us suffer more than what we can endure. Too bad, the devil doubles that so we crush.

Well if you were looking for the answer to, "Why did my dad suffer and die from cancer," no one could presume to tell you that. Or they shouldn't presume to tell you that.

Actually, my question was a version of the one most often asked... Why do bad things happen to good people?

Only after my search did I read the book “When bad things happen to good people”. Interesting book, though I disagree with its conclusion.

When bad things happen to good people, then the curses hinted I this thread are at play, and often impossible to uncover them.

Yes, this is very interesting too. And I risk to add, that after the devil enters into a person in this way, it will prevent that person from accepting God.

This can happen to children too, whose parents don't invite God into their lives at an early age.
So the children get punished for the sins of the father? Sounds like something the devil would do.

Yes, the Old Testament does say that God punishes children for the parents' sins up to 4 generations. Unfortunately, it doesn't say for how many generations the devil punishes people for their parents' sins.
It also says that the son will not be punished for the father's doings and visa versa. The key is to turn away from the error, sin, or wickedness.

Many ways that you can open the door for a spiritual adversary (devil). Lies, drugs, false accusations are a few I can think of that flings a door wide open. There are errors of all sorts humans can make that can open those doors.

Yes, you are right! Plus you must replace yourself with the Holy Spirit by emptying yourself to it.

But if you sum up all the Sind that you committed plus all the sins that generations of your family assigned onto you, and maybe a bunch of other people too, then your bill me be so high, that dedicating your entire life to a monastery is the minimum.

So God may be better than the devil. Good to know but that bar is pretty low.

When you think about it, it is quite a system. My son will be punished for my sins, my father's sins, and both my grandfather's sins. That's a lot of punishing. Will he be punished for his mother's sins too? That would be the sins of 8 people! Brutal.

Yes. The system is totally brutality! Well Jesus tried to stop it. Got a brutal treatment himself.

I would like to uncover in this thread, that the devil's 2nd biggest lie, that you must invite him yourself to get him into your life, is a lie. Others can do it for you too.

Like I said, don't try it out, there are too many idiots that do, and then it is too late. The items mentioned in this thread happen often everywhere. Not believing them is no help to its victims worldwide. Luckily, there are many intelligent posters in this thread who provided excellent analysis and discussion about this problem.

Got it. You think people can sick the devil on others like a coon hunter sicks his dog on a coon. Do you have to take a class to learn that skill, or is it just natural talent?

Like I said it happens whether you want it or not. Abuse, ancestry, and emotions such as love are the most frequent transfer agents of it.

How does that work? Do you just do an incantation, or do you have to do a little dance too to make it work?

This thread brings up a lot of questions. What you have been smoking is at the top of the list.

How about this question then. What is the devil's 2nd biggest lie? The devil's 2nd biggest lie is that you have to invite him yourself to have him in your life. This is a big lie. Other people can invite the devil into your life too.

What typical ways do you know to invite the devil into your life? I have found the followings.

1. Abused women unwittingly invite the devil into their lives to please their abuser and in hope of stopping the beatings.

2. Abused children invite the devil into their lives for the same reason.

3. Atheistic or agnostic parents invite the devil into their children's lives by ordering psychic work on their children.

4. Atheistic or agnostic people do the same for themselves.

5. Certain psychological therapy techniques.

6. Yoga, possibly.

7. You invite the devil into your life to satisfy one of the seven deadly sins.

8. You invite the devil into your relative's life to satisfy your submission to one of the seven deadly sins.

9. After inviting the devil into your life, you invite the devil into your relative's life or into your acquaintance's life, to satisfy the devil inside you.

10. You invite the devil into your life to satisfy anxiety, fear, or physical pain of some illness.

What other ways do you know that you invite the devil into your life? Witting or unwitting?

You've forgotten reading and hearing MS 'medias', participation at election, believe a political, but not God can save you

It also says that the son will not be punished for the father's doings and visa versa. The key is to turn away from the error, sin, or wickedness.

Many ways that you can open the door for a spiritual adversary (devil). Lies, drugs, false accusations are a few I can think of that flings a door wide open. There are errors of all sorts humans can make that can open those doors.

Yes, you are right! Plus you must replace yourself with the Holy Spirit by emptying yourself to it.

But if you sum up all the Sind that you committed plus all the sins that generations of your family assigned onto you, and maybe a bunch of other people too, then your bill me be so high, that dedicating your entire life to a monastery is the minimum.
I think this is more from errors and omissions more so than "sins that generations of your family assigned onto you". In that though when people are adults and they start making their own decisions they can turn away from generational errors, family lies, etc. and seek to fill and learn anything that may have been omitted and make corrections in their own life that are needed.

I think this is more from errors and omissions more so than "sins that generations of your family assigned onto you". In that though when people are adults and they start making their own decisions they can turn away from generational errors, family lies, etc. and seek to fill and learn anything that may have been omitted and make corrections in their own life that are needed.

This can be done if those family errors are human. You don't have that freedom if they are from the devil.

Too bad, that's just putting a wrap around your eyes, the consequences remain unchanged.
Oh no.... a magical threat! Quick, tell the neighbors that Shaman AL has come down from the mountains and is cursing people!

:rolleyes:

You would be surprised what can happen then. Especially to the radicals who think that shaman Al is their new best friend!

For example, when Jesus healed the soldier of the centurion, it was the faith of the centurion in Jesus that was needed, not the faith of the soldier. Now imagine that your boss or father has his faith in shaman Al. Happens often.

Yes, there is.

But the OP has a lot of strange ideas about the entire thing

People do evil shit because they choose to.

There is no supernatural evil being

The Devils best trick so far has been that he doesn't exist. That way you can't get warned before he rapes your mind and everything that you may have or buy.

You're raping everyone's common sense.

stop

I have observed that the victim of the devil doesn't need to invite the devil all by himself, others can do it for him too. All the same the victim is victim.

I would stop observing whatever it is that you think you're observing.

Because it's cray-cray, as the kids used to say.

I'm not kidding.

Not kiding? Then consider, that most people call it cray cray when you say the devil exists, because they believe the devil's biggest lie that he doesn't exist. The devil's second biggest lie is that you don't have to worry, because he will not enter you unless you yourself invite him. How many lies of the devil do you want people to believe?

How about this question then. What is the devil's 2nd biggest lie? The devil's 2nd biggest lie is that you have to invite him yourself to have him in your life. This is a big lie. Other people can invite the devil into your life too.

Oh goodie. Dumb question time. What is a unicorn's third favorite song?

Your dad was a good, decent and faithful man, and I'm really glad for you that you had that influence on your life. Did he turn on God when he suffered?

Would he be proud of your attitude toward God here, of your priorities in life?

Things to think about, maybe

No he didn’t turn; and that was one of my greatest frustrations at the end. “Thank you Sir, May I have another!!” has never been part of my way of looking at the world.

He would not be proud of many of the things I do. Then again he and I rarely saw eye to eye on tings when he was alive. I respect(ed) him but we were never close and since I don’t believe in Love I can’t say that I loved him.

He and I had very different visions of the world from very different viewpoints. I respected his far more than he ever respected mine. He couldn’t understand my experiences and how they shaped me.

You probably know "not believing in love" is not really the common experience. I'm just curious if you have ever felt loving toward anyone

As a sociopath, he is not capable of love.

Forum List

Back