Typical Lack of Support from Our "Friends" in Ottawa

onedomino said:
You mean in Afghanistan? I was referring to Iraq. Moreover, was not the Canadian military deployment in Afghanistan part of the after the fact NATO deployment? They were not there at the beginning like, e.g., the Australians.

Yes I was referring to Iraq.

onedomino said:
NATO, I think your ideas on this are logical, but they are not likely to happen anytime soon with the anti-American Liberal government that exists in Ottawa. Please Google "Canadian anti-Americanism" and read some of the articles. To describe Canada as the France of the Western Hemisphere is only a small, if any, exaggeration.

PS. Except for a few aging F18s, America already handles Canadian Air Defense. Supposedly we have a joint American-Canadian Air Defense Command (NORAD) headquartered in Colorado.

Try some American sites and read some of the articles and posts. There are many Amercan writers who do anything but support America, Bush or the war in Iraq. Your concern with anti-Americanism is warrented, but it's not limited to Canada.

:confused:

i like the canadians. i don't like most french (they're pompous and scare the shit out of me w/ their viewpoint that america is EVIL).
canadians bought me beer when they found out i was in the navy. french canadian (french!) girl stole my electric razor and my favorite sweater (long story).
i'm the only american fan of the expos. i love cheering against france in every sport.
i like canadian history, its interesting and appealing sort of. i despise french history, its one idiotic turn after another.
etc etc.
okay, being serious now.

i'm biased. i see canada made a mistake on iraq. i know canadian politicians have said some pretty disgusting and untrue (i read your link onedomino) things about america to get more votes and support. i also see american politicans doing the same thing here though too. i think canada doesn't have a very good military right now because of the budget difficulties and bad policies. yet overly criticizing them won't do much good... we want to draw them closer to us, not away from us. they're not near hopeless like the french.

onedomino said:
But dillo, this is not "old shit." The Canadians probably wish is was. Annan's remarks and Martin's failure to speak against them (unlike our actual allies such as the UK, Australia, Poland, Italy, etc.) happened yesterday.

I wasn't aware that anyone spoke out against Annan's remarks. Rhetoric is all useless now anyway--It's like the US election--the lines have been drawn and no one is open to flexibilty. The US is just going to have to go with what it has right now and hope for the best. To hell with the UN

Said1 said:
Try some American sites and read some of the articles and posts. There are many Amercan writers who do anything but support America, Bush or the war in Iraq. Your concern with anti-Americanism is warrented, but it's not limited to Canada.

I asked you to elaborate about how Canada helped America in Iraq "from the beginning." How are they helping now?

Said, the news and articles that Googling "Canadian anit-Americanism" returns are dominated by reports of Canadian government anti-Americanism and behavior that is not supportive of American foreign policy. None of my "Canadian anti-Americanism" references in these posts referes to ordinary Canadians (however, anti-Americanism is significant in Eastern Canada); rather it is the Canadian government of which I am critical.

dilloduck said:
I wasn't aware that anyone spoke out against Annan's remarks. Rhetoric is all useless now anyway--It's like the US election--the lines have been drawn and no one is open to flexibilty. The US is just going to have to go with what it has right now and hope for the best. To hell with the UN

Yes. Annan's remarks to the BBC regarding the illegality of the Iraq war were condemned by the UK, Italy, Poland, Australia, and other actual allies of the US. The remark was not condemned by the neutral country to the north.

For example:

http://networks.org/?src=abcau:200409:s1200460

onedomino said:
I asked you to elaborate about how Canada helped America in Iraq "from the beginning." How are they helping now?

Google it yourself. Prove me wrong. You are very quick with your assertions that Canada has done little or nothing to help, do your own research.

Said, the news and articles that Googling "Canadian anit-Americanism" returns are dominated by reports of Canadian government anti-Americanism and behavior that is not supportive of American foreign policy. None of my "Canadian anti-Americanism" references in these posts referes to ordinary Canadians (however, anti-Americanism is significant in Eastern Canada); rather it is the Canadian government of which I am critical.

Here's where your wrong, anit-Americanism is rampant through out Canada, I won't and never will argue against that, I promise.:D

What happened yesterday does involve old arguments and is a seemingly sad attempt by Anan to win a few points for his failing organization and career for that matter. Focus on the future is not sitting on the fence it's rather progressive if you ask me. If you want to here "rah, rah, sis boom bah" from Martin you probably never will.

Said1 said:
Like I said, rehashing old shit. Chretien and his media debacle is gone. Time to move on.

Move on from what? Where to? Canadian foreign policy is still not supportive of America.

Feeling bad for us about 9/11 is all they have to offer. Other than that, it's business as usual. America=bad, UN=Good.

Said1 said:
Google it yourself. Prove me wrong. You are very quick with your assertions that Canada has done little or nothing to help, do your own research.

Here's where your wrong, anit-Americanism is rampant through out Canada, I won't and never will argue against that, I promise.:D

What happened yesterday does involve old arguments and is a seemingly sad attempt by Anan to win a few points for his failing organization and career for that matter. Focus on the future is not sitting on the fence it's rather progressive if you ask me. If you want to here "rah, rah, sis boom bah" from Martin you probably never will.

What are you talking about? You are the one that said Canada was in Iraq "from the beginning." You cannot demonstrate that because it is not true. Never mind...just forget it.

onedomino said:
What are you talking about? You are the one that said Canada was in Iraq "from the beginning." You cannot demonstrate that because it is not true. Never mind...just forget it.

Stay with me here. If Anan didn't add anything new to add to his arguments of the war being illegal, I say move on. Get it.

YOU can not 'demonstrate' that they we not hahaha. So ya, Fuck off.

Said1 said:
Stay with me here. If Anan didn't add anything new to add to his arguments of the war being illegal, I say move on. Get it.

YOU can not 'demonstrate' that they we not hahaha. So ya, Fuck off.

Prove a negative? You are absurd. Why did I bother speaking with you on this? What a waste of time. Thank you for the thoughtful remark. You are a class act.

onedomino said:
Prove a negative? You are absurd. Why did I bother speaking with you on this? What a waste of time. Thank you for the thoughtful remark. You are a class act.

Thanks, always here to help.

Like I said, you are quick with your assertions, YOU need to prove them too.

Said1 said:
Re: other posts.

SO I'm not paying attention to other posts? OR I am paying attention to other posts? OR am i just being a jerk again? I can't read your mind.

rtwngAvngr said:
SO I'm not paying attention to other posts? OR I am paying attention to other posts? OR am i just being a jerk again? I can't read your mind.

Why not? If I have to tell you what I mean, then I'm just not going to tell you.:D

Yes it would appear that you do pay attention.

Forum List

Back