Two Words: Nuclear Option

haven't used nuclear option since 1945. was considered for use on Hanoi, though.

Has anyone ever answered why when the Republicans hinted they may use the Nuclear option the left went BAT SHIT CRAZY and likened it to a criminal decision? Yet now some are talking of doing just that?

Has anyone ever answered why when the Republicans hinted they may use the Nuclear option the left went BAT SHIT CRAZY and likened it to a criminal decision? Yet now some are talking of doing just that?

Because Democrats are the biggest fucking hypocrites on the planet?

If Dems go nuclear they will lose 100 House seats in 2010

Seriously, you people were prepared for this. You all have the EXACT same response.

Where did you get the talking point anyway?

Townhall.com? FoxNews? NewsMax?

Really, I'm curious.

Oh, and they'd lose every Senate race, including CA as well.

You Libruls keep making the same mistake of thinking everyone is like you and can only repost "ideas" and "insights" from Jon Stewart or Hufferton.

Like I've said before: stuff we post here in the morning get picked up by the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy and is later rebroadcast by Rush & Sean

You do realize that if you managed to use the nuclear option and get this bill passed, you've made it so much easier for us to repeal the bill dont you?

Ah, but by then the bill will start working, and people will start seeing the benefits.

And hell, we can get the Public Option passed too with a Nuclear Option.

And of course, even if you all gain seats in November, you probably won't gain enough to overturn the majority.

Republicans are from small areas? So, further evidence that the Dems and libs in particular cling to the notion that it is the big city folk who are sooooo enlightened. Kinda like Obama and his stupid/patronizing pickup truck remarks. You guys have no clue as to the common man... this why you saw the MA debacle. Have fun with it you erudite snobs.

You guys had a year... your party and your president went batshit with a radical agenda and have been called on it. And what did I hear last night? Dems blaming it in Bush. So, let me get this right.. disgust with Bush, a REPUBLICAN, caused MA voters to put Brown, a REPUBLICAN, in office. REALLY?????

Ah, but by then the bill will start working, and people will start seeing the benefits.

I sure hope this is just naive nonsense.. otherwise it is abject STUPIDITY.

You do realize that if you managed to use the nuclear option and get this bill passed, you've made it so much easier for us to repeal the bill dont you?

And hell, we can get the Public Option passed too with a Nuclear Option.

And of course, even if you all gain seats in November, you probably won't gain enough to overturn the majority.

Have you noticed you are the only one in favor of this nuclear option? Not even the other liberals have stepped up to back you in this thread, Vast? Do you realize that it's not really being considered with the politicians? Are you really this stupid, or are you just pulling everyone's chain? Or what I suspect, your just another left wing nut goofball

If Dems go nuclear they will lose 100 House seats in 2010

They won't use reconciliation won't work for them anyways, since it's limited to budgetary and taxation items only. So basically if the Senate Bill were subject to reconciliation the only parts of it that would survive would be the tax increases and medicare cuts, anything else would be subject to points of order challenges requiring 60 votes to overcome.
Maybe MIPS post will help. I highlighted and enlarged the key parts so you won't have to read the whole thing. I know about your limited education and all.

You made an interesting assumption here, and aside from my answer in an earlier post (number 124) in which I debunked your representative fallacy; on second thought I decided to check the assumptions you made about population;

This is a surprising result. I used 2000 census data, since that gave me the most ease in tallying population figures for the states. Assuming that growth of population has been roughly proportional through out the states, then the proportional comparison should still be in line; I suspect that the R states have grown more than the D states considering the growth of Florida, Texas, Nevada, and the loss of population growth of New York, California, New Jersey, and possibly Michigan, and Pennsylvania.

Of the 28 states having republican US Senators:

State totals 138,081,893 / US total 281,422,000 = 49% in the year 2000

You of course didn't take into account the amount of seats that have changed hands since 2000.

The below figures took a bunch of researching, lol. The things I do to check my data.

First, of all, I'd like to say that you are correct in that my figures are in fact off.

As of July 1, 2009, the estimated population of the 50 states and District of Columbia was 307,006,550.

There are currently only 13 states with both Senate seats filled with Republicans. These states add up to a total population of 66,909,134 or approximately 22% of the population.

This is where the obviously exaggerated figure of 25% I used before comes from. I did it to make a point. You are correct to call me on that figure. My bad.

There are also 13 states where the seats are split, including Massachussetts. These states add up to a total population of 76,646,943 or 25% of the population. I divide this in half, though obviously that is not the correct way to do it, but it will serve for the purposes of my statement, giving us a figure of 12.5%.

So the total population represented by Republicans is 37.5%.

Last edited:
Have you noticed you are the only one in favor of this nuclear option? Not even the other liberals have stepped up to back you in this thread, Vast? Do you realize that it's not really being considered with the politicians? Are you really this stupid, or are you just pulling everyone's chain? Or what I suspect, your just another left wing nut goofball

I just brought up the idea. It has not even been discussed yet.

And if others on the left are not behind it yet, so what? I'm not allowed to have my own thoughts? I need to go by the Democratic talking points?

Sorry, that's not my way. I can think for myself. I've got a set of balls, unlike many Democratic Senators.

Senate Republicans don't even represent 40% of the nations population.

Due to the fact that most of them are from small population states, in total, Senate Republicans represent about 25% of the population.

The fact that representatives of 25% of the population can stop legislation from passing is disgusting.

It's time for the "Nuclear Option".

It's completely constitutional, and has been a long time in coming.

Hell, it should have happened in 1957, the first time it was proposed.

Like the real nuclear option, the fallout is tremendous. It is not a surgerical strike and many of the vicitims will be friendlies. Most scenerios are zero sum. The survivors will be Independents. That works for me.

I just brought up the idea. It has not even been discussed yet.

And if others on the left are not behind it yet, so what? I'm not allowed to have my own thoughts? I need to go by the Democratic talking points?

Sorry, that's not my way. I can think for myself. I've got a set of balls, unlike many Democratic Senators.

thinking with your balls, huh?

that explains a lot.

Maybe MIPS post will help. I highlighted and enlarged the key parts so you won't have to read the whole thing. I know about your limited education and all.

As I pointed out earlier, reconciliation and the "Nuclear Option" are completely different things.

The below figures took a bunch of researching, lol. The things I do to check my data.

First, of all, I'd like to say that you are correct in that my figures are in fact off.

Bwa ha a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Last edited:

Forum List

Back