Two Words: Nuclear Option

Are you kidding me? the Democrats already have "fucked" themselves and it only took them a year in power to do it, fortunately the didn't get to complete the job of "fucking" the rest of us in the process. :)

I'm not so sure. The Obama legacy is a national debt climbing fast. I don't know who is going to get back to fiscal sanity. I still want SS and Medicare fixed and all I see is a Debt headed for $20T. (it was $9T when he took office)

Er.. our actual federal debt is over $119 TRILLION when you include our unfunded federal liabilities which is only logical since we don't have a savings account someplace with the money in it to cover those ( U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time ) and that's courtesy of both Democrats and Republicans, President Obama isn't the one that put us on a completely unsustainable (and totally insane) financial path all he has done is press on the accelerator.

Okay, Clinton had us on a "balanced budget" and a glide-path to pay down the national Debt, then Bush and Obama totally messed-up the country. The US is bankrupt??

That's some CLOCK!! Obama had better look at it before he starts any new entitlements.

Senate Republicans don't even represent 40% of the nations population.

Due to the fact that most of them are from small population states, in total, Senate Republicans represent about 25% of the population.

The fact that representatives of 25% of the population can stop legislation from passing is disgusting.

It's time for the "Nuclear Option".

It's completely constitutional, and has been a long time in coming.

Hell, it should have happened in 1957, the first time it was proposed.

Two words - POLITICAL SUICIDE.:lol:

Due to the fact that most of them are from small population states, in total, Senate Republicans represent about 25% of the population.

The fact that representatives of 25% of the population can stop legislation from passing is disgusting.

The end justifies the means. Right from Saul Alinsky's playbook. Or would you rather quote Machiavelli...

Damn, sooo many commies around these days...

Okay, Clinton had us on a "balanced budget" and a glide-path to pay down the national Debt

Actually he didn't since that so called "balanced budget" never accounted for the amortization of unfunded liabilities on a yearly basis (which if the Federal Government had to follow the same GAAP rules everybody else does would have had to be done), so unfunded liabilities were still accumulating under the Clinton Administration as well and no money was being set aside to pay for them.

yeah, it's a conspiracy.

Yes, of course, I'm referring to a "conspiracy".

Because right-wing media figures and websites NEVER disseminate "talking points".

LOL.

Hell, Bill O'Reilly has a whole segment devoted to it called "Talking Points".

Wow, this is fascinating. You people are really jumping to put this notion down as fast as you can.

How interesting.

The very best thing Obama could do is burn both the house and the senate versions and start over with tort reform, opening competition, allow small business to group, promote HSA's with pre-tax dollars, promote catastrophic high deductible inexpensive plans., legislate for pre-exisitng conditions and portability and subsidize the poor which we already do in Medicaid. He does that and he could pass a comprehensive health care bill with 90% approval and bi-partisan support and look the hero. He won't, he's not that smart.

How do you reconcile "Tort Reform" with States Rights and the Tenth Amendment? i.e. Shouldn't "Tort Reform" be a state and not a federal issue?
The entire health care reform is a State issue and not a Federal issue.

There will be no nuclear option. The dems would be absolutely insane if they tried this now. Talk about rage. Just not gonna happen.

Whose "rage"?

The Tea-Bagger's "rage"?

What the hell should Democrats care about Tea-bagger "rage"? They are never, EVER going to support them or anything they do anyway.

yeah, it's a conspiracy.

Because right-wing media figures and websites NEVER disseminate "talking points".

LOL.

if it bothers you, you should stop watching.

Oh, well then you admit it's not some "conspiracy theory".

The Democrats sure were singing a different tune when they were in the minority and obstructing everything the GOP wanted to do.

Guess that is okay though, huh?

Legislation got passed. The Republicans didn't use the "Nuclear Option" because the Democrats didn't filibuster.
So you are going to deliberately ignore the point I made.

You are ignoring the point that in actuality, they only represent about 25% of the population....... According to Vast LWC

Weren't you all the Might Makes Right boys???

LOL.

if it bothers you, you should stop watching.

Oh, well then you admit it's not some "conspiracy theory".

oh, absolutely. it's definitely a conspiracy.

senator coakley told me.

There will be no nuclear option. The dems would be absolutely insane if they tried this now. Talk about rage. Just not gonna happen.

Whose "rage"?

The Tea-Bagger's "rage"?

What the hell should Democrats care about Tea-bagger "rage"? They are never, EVER going to support them or anything they do anyway.

Just an angry public that is seeing no transparency, just closed door talks, hoodwinks, lies.

Legislation got passed. The Republicans didn't use the "Nuclear Option" because the Democrats didn't filibuster.
So you are going to deliberately ignore the point I made.

You are ignoring the point that in actuality, they only represent about 25% of the population....... According to Vast LWC

Weren't you all the Might Makes Right boys???
Not at all. And considering that the majority of America is center-right, I think you are confused.

Of course, those in power....the PHO element....represent about 15 to 20% of the extreme fringe wack job left which is a very significant minority. Using the thinking of the OP, that is wrong as well.

But don't let it bother you. You all go right ahead with nuking America. The GOP will thank you later.

Whose "rage"?

The Tea-Bagger's "rage"?

Just an angry public that is seeing no transparency, just closed door talks, hoodwinks, lies.
Business as usual in other words.

Ame®icano;1926060 said:

The end justifies the means. Right from Saul Alinsky's playbook. Or would you rather quote Machiavelli...

Damn, sooo many commies around these days...

Machiavelli was not even close to being a boogieman(communist) he was an ends justify means fella, like Karl Rove.......

This wasn't about Coakley and her gaffs. This was about one of the bluest states in the union sending a message to DC. You can spin and dance all you want Vast, but Ma. didn't turn republican, they are still one of the bluest states in the union, they just had a message to send. I hope this is simple enough for you to understand.

What "message"??

What the hell are you even referring to? Health Care Reform?

Massachusetts has a more liberal health care program already in existence than what is being proposed.

How would you possibly imagine that the Coakley vote is about that? They wouldn't even be affected by it.

Eh, I was ACTUALLY listening to the interviews they had with ACTUAL democrats after the election. They were asked on why they voted the way they did. You might actually try doing that, you would come off a lot smarter than you are on this thread, Vast. It was not only because of healthcare, although that was part of it. it was about obama politics that they didn't like, Vast. But do carry on, I find you very interesting on this thread. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back