Two Words: Nuclear Option

On what planet is barely getting three extra votes through meticulous bribing with earmarks is "easily"?

You dont have a chance of passing it again after the recent elections. Anyone who actually wants to stay in office will gladly vote no on this bill.

On what planet does a single election of a single representative, up against a hideously awful opponent, indicate a national victory for your side on an issue that had little to do with the election at hand?

You should stop watching Talking Heads so much.

And in my personal opinion, it is absolutely INSANE that 25% of the population should be able to stop all legislation dead in it's tracks because of some BS filibuster rule.

In the House, where representation is actually based on population, a much stronger version of the health care legislation passed, easily.

what is insane is that only about 32% of the American people are in favor of this bill and legislation. It should be killed NOW!!!! Listen to the people or you will get Martha'd

Two words (sorta): GOP landslide

I don't think so. I think that today's voters appreciate strength of character more than anything else, and abhor weakness.

I think the Democrats should just put the Nuclear Option through. Don't even debate it. Just make it happen.

I really hope they do.
The lesson of MA is that the people aren't happy with a power-mad central gov't shoving legislation through despite low popularity. Using the nuclear option would just cement that impression and guarantee every Democrat in Congress up for election will either lose or switch parties.
As for the 25% figure, the Senate is based on state, not population. That was deliberate. So population is irrelevant.

elections have consequences!

Unequal representation also has consequences.

When 25% of the population holds the workings of government hostage, just because they feel like being obstructionist, something has to be done.

you asswipes had it at 60-40 until yesterday,, and you are still going to whine about the Republicans???? go ahead do the nuclear option, if you thought yesterday's whoop ass wasn't enough,, you got more coming..

I'm not whining about anything, genius, I'm saying Democrats should bring down the hammer. Now.

And in my personal opinion, it is absolutely INSANE that 25% of the population should be able to stop all legislation dead in it's tracks because of some BS filibuster rule.

In the House, where representation is actually based on population, a much stronger version of the health care legislation passed, easily.

what is insane is that only about 32% of the American people are in favor of this bill and legislation. It should be killed NOW!!!! Listen to the people or you will get Martha'd

Did anyone bother to ask how many people who now don't like the legislation don't like it BECAUSE IT DOESN'T GO FAR ENOUGH IN IT'S CURRENT FORM???

People like the entire left wing of the Democratic party, who hate it because it has no Public Option?

Unequal representation also has consequences.

When 25% of the population holds the workings of government hostage, just because they feel like being obstructionist, something has to be done.

you asswipes had it at 60-40 until yesterday,, and you are still going to whine about the Republicans???? go ahead do the nuclear option, if you thought yesterday's whoop ass wasn't enough,, you got more coming..

I'm not whining about anything, genius, I'm saying Democrats should bring down the hammer. Now.
You are advocating they bring it on their own heads you damn fool.

I really hope they do.
The lesson of MA is that the people aren't happy with a power-mad central gov't shoving legislation through despite low popularity. Using the nuclear option would just cement that impression and guarantee every Democrat in Congress up for election will either lose or switch parties.
As for the 25% figure, the Senate is based on state, not population. That was deliberate. So population is irrelevant.

The lesson of MA is that Democrats shouldn't put up shitty candidates and then not give them any support until the last minute.

It has NADA to do with the health care bill.

Massachusetts wouldn't have even been affected by most of the health care bill, as most of their state health care policies go further than it does.

see if you can get the damn fool to tell you how he figures it was the "Republicans" who were obstructionists with a 60-40 split.. ya want some popcorn?

On what planet is barely getting three extra votes through meticulous bribing with earmarks is "easily"?

You dont have a chance of passing it again after the recent elections. Anyone who actually wants to stay in office will gladly vote no on this bill.

On what planet does a single election of a single representative, up against a hideously awful opponent, indicate a national victory for your side on an issue that had little to do with the election at hand?

You should stop watching Talking Heads so much.

It wasn't a single election. This is now three elections since '09 that the GOP has won against all predictions: VA governor, NJ governor and now MA senator.
But please, drink the kool aid. Push for even stronger measures from your Dem reps. I'd love to see the ass whupping they'll take in Nov for that.

I really hope they do.

The lesson of MA is that Democrats shouldn't put up shitty candidates and then not give them any support until the last minute.

It has NADA to do with the health care bill.

Massachusetts wouldn't have even been affected by most of the health care bill, as most of their state health care policies go further than it does.

Scott Brown explicitly made the health care bill the centerpiece of his campaign. And he went from down 30 points to winning because of it.
Get a clue.

It wasn't a single election. This is now three elections since '09 that the GOP has won against all predictions: VA governor, NJ governor and now MA senator.
But please, drink the kool aid. Push for even stronger measures from your Dem reps. I'd love to see the ass whupping they'll take in Nov for that.

Governors are not national elections, by any stretch of the imagination, and certainly Health Care legislation was not even a tiny issue in either of those elections.

The only other national election that had anything to do with health care was New York's 23rd, where Republicans got their asses handed to them for the first time in a hundred years.

Say all the right-wingers.

Interesting.

And look at how fast all your responses were.

Why I think this actually worries you all, a lot.

Stupid fuckhead.

I'm NOT a 'right winger' and I have been telling idiots like you that all along.

You don't listen, that is why you now have that pipe up your ass.

You go nuclear, the GoP will be the majority in the next election and use the option YOU created to over turn everything you just passed.

Grow the fuck up and learn how US politics work.

Two words (sorta): GOP landslide

I don't think so. I think that today's voters appreciate strength of character more than anything else, and abhor weakness.

I think the Democrats should just put the Nuclear Option through. Don't even debate it. Just make it happen.

Are you being facetious?

Strength of character? You were talking about Congress weren't you? You think the American people appreciate strength of character? Have you looked at whom we elect and re-elect into Congress lately?

Immie

Scott Brown explicitly made the health care bill the centerpiece of his campaign. And he went from down 30 points to winning because of it.
Get a clue.

Scott Brown made a curling iron the centerpiece of his campaign.

Get your head out of Sean Hannity's ass.

Stupid fuckhead.

I'm NOT a 'right winger' and I have been telling idiots like you that all along.

You go nuclear, the GoP will be the majority in the next election and use the option YOU created to over turn everything you just passed.

Hey jackass, Libertarians are "Right-Wingers". I didn't call you a "Neo-Con", Xeno-clown.

Say all the right-wingers.

Interesting.

And look at how fast all your responses were.

Why I think this actually worries you all, a lot.

Stupid fuckhead.

You'd think it would be obvious to him.

Forum List

Back