Two Liberals who get it: The Dangers of ISIS, Extreme Jihadists, and the Caliphate

12241768_995321223844322_2994909618221035437_n.jpg

Sorry Emmy...two ain't enuf...

deltex1
Jesus Christ would disagree with you:

19“Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. 20“For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”

If my friend is Liberal Christian, and I am moderate Constitutional Christian, all we need is one more far right Christian to stand in agreement with us, and we'd have the "two or three" praying in agreement in Christ Jesus name. Christ Jesus stands for Restorative Justice, so it cannot be retributive justice but a call for RESTORATIVE JUSTICE to invoke the true name of the Law or Lord as JESUS represents as Universal JUSTICE.

I call on American_Jihad or Stephanie to be the third witness as a neighbor in Christ farther right than we are. We pray in agreement, and it is done, God's will in Heaven is invoked and done on earth as it is in heaven. My friend Vern might work also, I can ask him to join us in prayer. It only takes 2-3 to get a consensus going in the right direction!

I have both Dem's and liberals friends who agree. They are outraged that Obama wants to bring these refugee's here. Hell some of them told me they will be voting GOP in 2016.

All it will take is one jihadist in among those refugee's. We all know Muslims want to take over the world and what better way then to get Muslim refugee's in countries all over the world??

Will these "refugee is" bring their superfluous apostrophe is? :death:

Holy shit where do people learn English....

We are both Liberal Progressives and we get it.

i am having a hard time believing this. :up:

Me, too. My friend is so much more liberal than I am on so many issues
(on the gay issue, even though we are both supportive of gay equality, I sounded like a rightwing bigot in comparison
because I understood that the legislation being pushed is going too far and constitutes establishing beliefs through govt, while
my friend didn't get there was any imposition of beliefs coming from the left - ha!)

But then on this Islamic issue,my friend is the one who sounds just like the other religious and conservative right
who rail against the dangers of this political cult since the founding that is based on ---[fill in the blank with Koranic interpretations of warmongering beliefs about cutting off the heads of enemies etc etc]

for ONCE I found a Liberal sympathizer who DOESN'T sympathize AT ALL when it comes to this Muslim issue.
AT ALL. Sounds no different from American_Jihad and irosie91 on that issue.

So I figure as much as I myself frightened and offended my fellow Liberals about the gay marriage issue,
where they accused me of being as much a rightwing bigot as they accuse the Republican Conservatives and Christians,
I guess I must have come across very similar.
Where I sound like the opposite of what you'd expect!

(Not to worry, I also found out a friend of mine who is a hardcore capitalist
and rejects both D and R parties, actually admits he LIKES Obama. Hates ACA and
all the screwed up liberal policies, as much as he blames con policies for abusing immigrant labor
and playing equal corporate games with the taxpayers and citizens sold out.

A Capitalist who likes Obama, but doesn't consider calling someone a Communist to be an insult.
He sees it as a California Hippie thing to be Communist. And this guy is a Capitalist and is more open to
using Govt for funding grants for charity than I am as a progresssive (I was arguing for microlending as more sustainable than handouts)

He was accusing me of being a Communist while I was the one arguing for
microlending to train people and charities to become independent,
and he as the Capitalist was pushing for govt grants to pay for social programs? What?

I'm telling you, I don't believe it either!!!

Sorry Emmy...two ain't enuf...

Three.... ;)

Bomb isis until they beg for surrender!

Matthew I'm looking for a third witness who agrees that Christ Jesus authority is for Restorative Justice, not more retributive justice in the spirit of antichrist.
Two wrongs don't make a right. It has to be the higher type of correctional justice that only God can deliver from higher above than the bombings and killings for manmade political control. This is about invoking Spiritual Justice and Peace that trumps all war on man's level. Are you willing to let go of man's political wars and submit to God's true power to put down all these ills?
Another billion year plan...good luck Emmy.

deltex1 we don't have a billion years
This war is escalating now and will tie in with 2016 campaigns for office

We can either unite left and right, and stand together against abuses all sides oppose. Or we can continue playing divide and conquer, and letting political parties abuse voters both afraid of the other group, to take our money and run.

"Divide and conquer" seems to be exactly the theme of this thread. Massive failure.

I find it unifying and relieving -- that a liberal spiritualist can back the same views as the very rightwing hardcore religionists
this person adamantly opposes as hateful selfish and evil. Yet they agree on how the ISIS movement and history behind it is dangerously evil.

If two extremes of the spectrum spiritually actually AGREE how dangerous this ISIS is collectively,
wouldn't that show that it is NOT a divided issue of Left vs. Right but both far left and far right even agree!!

Isn't that UNITY not division, Pogo?

Three.... ;)

Bomb isis until they beg for surrender!

Matthew I'm looking for a third witness who agrees that Christ Jesus authority is for Restorative Justice, not more retributive justice in the spirit of antichrist.
Two wrongs don't make a right. It has to be the higher type of correctional justice that only God can deliver from higher above than the bombings and killings for manmade political control. This is about invoking Spiritual Justice and Peace that trumps all war on man's level. Are you willing to let go of man's political wars and submit to God's true power to put down all these ills?
Another billion year plan...good luck Emmy.

deltex1 we don't have a billion years
This war is escalating now and will tie in with 2016 campaigns for office

We can either unite left and right, and stand together against abuses all sides oppose. Or we can continue playing divide and conquer, and letting political parties abuse voters both afraid of the other group, to take our money and run.

"Divide and conquer" seems to be exactly the theme of this thread. Massive failure.

I find it unifying and relieving -- that a liberal spiritualist can back the same views as the very rightwing hardcore religionists
this person adamantly opposes as hateful selfish and evil. Yet they agree on how the ISIS movement and history behind it is dangerously evil.

If two extremes of the spectrum spiritually actually AGREE how dangerous this ISIS is collectively,
wouldn't that show that it is NOT a divided issue of Left vs. Right but both far left and far right even agree!!

Isn't that UNITY not division, Pogo?

I don't get that impression, no. As far as I can infer from your lead post, and mind you that's always a challenge, it looks like you're bent on creating yet another black/white dichotomy with an "us-A" and "us-B" on one side and "them" still on the other, which is pretty much what a DAESH does (I won't call them by an Egyptian goddess' name, fuck'em).

See what I mean? You seem to be hung up on labels here and effusing that you've brought label A and label B into one side so that it may slaughter the Evil Monster Other. You seem to be in awe of a couple of trees, unaware that you're still standing in a forest.

IOW I don't see why one monotheistic supremacist group is superior to another monotheist supremacist group. I see two clones, each mirroring, competing with and one-upping the other. And I think that's a dead end.

It’s Not ISIS We Need to Beat -- It’s the Caliphate
Understanding the Caliphate Curve.
December 29, 2015
Daniel Greenfield
isil.jpg

A recent report by, of all places, the Tony Blair Faith Foundation, found that the Syrian rebels were mostly Islamic Jihadists and that even if ISIS were defeated there were 15 other groups sharing its worldview that were ready to take its place.

And that’s just in Syria.

The official ISIS story, the one that we read in the newspapers, watch on television and hear on the radio, is that it’s a unique group whose brand of extremism is so extreme that there is no comparing it to anything else. ISIS has nothing to do with Islam. Or with anything else. It’s a complete aberration.

Except for the 15 other Jihadist groups ready to step into its shoes in just one country.

Islamic Supremacist organizations like ISIS can be graded on the “Caliphate curve”. The Caliphate curve is based on how quickly an Islamic organization wants to achieve the Caliphate. What we describe as “extreme” or “moderate” is really the speed at which an Islamic group seeks to recreate the Caliphate.

ISIS is at the extreme end of the scale, not because it tortures, kills and rapes, but because it implemented the Caliphate immediately. The atrocities for which ISIS has become known are typical of a functioning Caliphate. The execution of Muslims who do not submit to the Caliph, the ethnic cleansing and sexual slavery of non-Muslims are not aberrations. They are normal behavior for a Caliphate.

The last Caliphate, the Ottoman Empire, was selling non-Muslim girls as sex slaves after the invention of the telephone. A New York Times report from 1886 documented the sale of girls as young as twelve, one of them with “light hazel eyes, black eyebrows and long yellow hair”. An earlier report from the London Post described Turks, “sending their blacks to market, in order to make room for a newly-purchased white girl”. This behavior is not a temporary aberration, but dates back to Mohammed’s men raping and enslaving non-Muslim women and young girls as a reward for fighting to spread Islam.

The ISIS behaviors that we find so shocking were widely practiced in even the most civilized parts of the Muslim world around the time that the Statue of Liberty was being dedicated in New York City.

To Muslims, the end of slavery is one of the humiliations that they had to endure because of the loss of the Caliphate. Europeans forced an end to the slave trade. The British made the Turks give up their slaves. The United States made the Saudis give up their slaves in the 1960s. (Unofficially they still exist.) When the Muslim Brotherhood took over Egypt, its Islamist constitution dropped a ban on slavery.

The Muslim Brotherhood is on the moderate side of the Caliphate curve not because it doesn’t want to bring back the Caliphate, it does, or because it doesn’t want to subjugate non-Muslims, it does, but because it wants to do so gradually over an extended period of time using modern political methods.

But whether you take the long road along the Caliphate curve or the short one it still ends up in the same place. Everyone on the Caliphate curve agrees that the world, including the United States, must be ruled by Muslims under Islamic law and that freedom and equal rights for all must come to an end.

ISIS is just doing right now what the Muslim Brotherhood would take a hundred years to accomplish.

We are not at war with ISIS. We are at war with everyone on the Caliphate curve. Not because we choose to be, but because like Hitler’s Thousand Year Reich or Communism’s vision of one world under the red flag, the Caliphate is a plan for imposing a totalitarian system on us to deprive us of our rights.

The Nazis and the Communists had a vision for the world. So do the Islamic Supremacists who advocate the restoration of the Caliphate. All three groups occasionally played the victim of our foreign policy, but they were not responding to us, they were trying to bring about their positive vision of an ideal society.

Nazi, Communist and Islamist societies just happen to be living nightmares for the rest of us.

No one on the Caliphate curve is moderate. Some on the Caliphate curve are just more patient. They put up billboards, create hashtags and try to ban any criticism of their ideology as Islamophobic. But that’s just Caliphatism with a human face. And that makes them a much more dangerous enemy.

ISIS is in some ways our least dangerous enemy. We haven’t defeated ISIS, because we haven’t even tried. Instead Obama fights a war in which 75 percent of strikes on ISIS are blocked and leaflets are dropped 45 minutes before a strike on oil tankers warning ISIS to flee. If we were to fight ISIS by the same rules as our wars in the last century, the Islamic State would have been crushed long ago.

Until we defeat this racist idea, new Islamic groups will constantly keep arising animated by this vision. Wars fueled by supremacist beliefs have historically only ended when the illusion of superiority was destroyed by utterly defeating and humiliating the attackers. It worked with Japan and Nazi Germany.

Our war now will not end until we destroy the supremacist faith in the Caliphate curve.

It’s Not ISIS We Need to Beat -- It’s the Caliphate

Forum List

Back