Two eleven year olds commited suicide over bullying

How on earth do 11 year olds even know what suicide is let alone how to do it???

Are parents just so unaware of whats going on in their childs life to let this happen??

homophobic? How to freakin 11 year olds know anything about homosexuality or sex period????

You haven't watched TV in a long time apparently.

Suicide, homosexuality, etc, is all over the tube nowadays.

MTV is enough to make these kids lose their damn minds.

But you're right, if an 11 year old is killing himself over name calling, the only question the needs to be asked is 'where the fuck were the parents?"

Why are parents letting their 11 year olds watch the shows that have this type of stuff in it? Why aren't they utilizing the parental controls on the tvs? Why are they giving 11 year olds the freedom of cell phones without the kids understanding the responsibility that goes along with it? Why do kids have computers and internet in their rooms? Why do kids have cable tv's in their rooms? Why does my neighbor let his 7 year old play MA rated video games? I find it all puzzling.

imo, a lot of parents do a sucky job of knowing what their kids are watching and doing - or they just don't care. Much easier to just give in to the 'well everyone else is doing it' attitude.

Honestly, kids are fucking pussies anymore.

At 11 years old, if you already can't handle being called names, there are problems deeper than the name calling.
What you considering "bullying" and what actually happens are two different things. Did you attend a private boarding school?

Whatever happened to standing up for yourself and popping someone in the mother fucking mouth? Even if you end up losing the fight, you will earn more respect than killing yourself EVER will.
Ever hear of a gang-bang? Good luck "popping someone in the motherfucking mouth" when twelve of them are circling you and stomping on your face.

I always carried a weapon to school for a reason, and I'm sure it's only gotten worse.

At 11 years old, if you already can't handle being called names, there are problems deeper than the name calling.
What you considering "bullying" and what actually happens are two different things. Did you attend a private boarding school?

Whatever happened to standing up for yourself and popping someone in the mother fucking mouth? Even if you end up losing the fight, you will earn more respect than killing yourself EVER will.
Ever hear of a gang-bang? Good luck "popping someone in the motherfucking mouth" when twelve of them are circling you and stomping on your face.

I always carried a weapon to school for a reason, and I'm sure it's only gotten worse.

There's always going to be exceptions to any rule, but more often than not, if you stand up for yourself you will end up fine.

Groups of people who are going to "gang bang" someone probably aren't going to spend so much time name calling, they're just going to get right down to the bang.

A bully is a bully. The only right way to handle a bully is to fucking bully their ass back.

Or you can just take their bullying in the ass for a school year or two until you decide that you don't want to live anymore.

What's worse, being dead or getting your ass beat for stepping up?

It's all subjective I guess.

Why are parents letting their 11 year olds watch the shows that have this type of stuff in it? Why aren't they utilizing the parental controls on the tvs? Why are they giving 11 year olds the freedom of cell phones without the kids understanding the responsibility that goes along with it? Why do kids have computers and internet in their rooms? Why do kids have cable tv's in their rooms? Why does my neighbor let his 7 year old play MA rated video games? I find it all puzzling.
Because 11-year-olds are generally more resourceful, and tech-savvy, than overworked parents.

Further, there's always at least one kid in every class from a broken home. They'll show your children all the things you are trying to hide, and it won't end well.

What's worse, being dead or getting your ass beat for stepping up?
I chose to gouge eyeballs until people learned their lesson, but I've always been a fighter.

Some children are just naturally timid, and no doubt they're the ones committing suicide. Survival of the fittest and all.

Because 11-year-olds are generally more resourceful, and tech-savvy, than overworked parents.

Further, there's always at least one kid in every class from a broken home. They'll show your children all the things you are trying to hide, and it won't end well.

The kids can be tech savvy out the whazoo . . . pulling the plug on the tv, phone and computer will stop it. Grounding your kid from going to so and so's house will stop it. Talking to your kids, setting boundaries and enforcing them will stop it. Guarenteed? Hell, nothing's a sure thing. But parents are way too permissive and being tired and over-worked is a poor excuse. Parents had better prioritize and start paying more attention to what their kids are doing.

The kids getting picked on usually are the types who actually care about their studies. When I was in high school not too long ago mind you, it was zero tolerance. You could of been sitting there getting your ass handed to you on a silver platter without fighting back and you still probably would of been suspended. So they're going to avoid fighting as much as possible.

Though if I were going to be suspended either way, I'd probably pop the kid in the mouth who was trying to fight me.

I have two kids in high school. The bullying really took place in middle school, not HS. Still, the fact remains there is ZERO tolerance. Victim and bully alike are suspended whenever an incident occurs. Even if the victim sat there and took it the entire time without reacting---they are suspended too.

This sends a BAD message to the victims. Teachers and Administrators are too lazy to get to the bottom of a problem---so they revictimize a child already being victimized by his/her peers.

IMNSHO those adults who do this to children who are bullied are guilty of child abuse, and should be held accountable. FULLY.

ETA: Neither of my children have been builled, but a friend of theirs has. Mercilessly. And he has been suspended for doing absolutely NOTHING but BEING BULLIED by an asshole who didn't know when to stop.

Last edited:
I have two kids in high school. The bullying really took place in middle school, not HS. Still, the fact remains there is ZERO tolerance. Victim and bully alike are suspended whenever an incident occurs. Even if the victim sat there and took it the entire time without reacting---they are suspended too.

This sends a BAD message to the victims. Teachers and Administrators are too lazy to get to the bottom of a problem---so they revictimize a child already being victimized by his/her peers.

IMNSHO those adults who do this to children who are bullied are guilty of child abuse, and should be held accountable. FULLY.

That's my point, the same thing hold true for my middle school too. It's the part of the school Administrators not willing to deal with bullies and rather just take the "easy" way out by punishing everyone including the victim instead of actually taking responsibility for the kids under their watch in the hours they're in school.

B-O-O

H-O-O

take the suspension like a fucking man and step up and assert yourself.

Or make excuses not to until you tie a rope up and hang yourself from it :rolleyes:

Seems like a no-brainer decision to me.

You can spend your life waiting for the school to figure it out for you, or you can figure it out for yourself.

B-O-O

H-O-O

Or make excuses not to until you tie a rope up and hang yourself from it :rolleyes:

You can spend your life waiting for the school to figure it out for you, or you can figure it out for yourself.

I don't know how old you are Paulie, but try to put yourselves in the shoes of a 11 year old. You may of been Dirty Harry at the tender age of eleven, but not all kids are.

That's my point, the same thing hold true for my middle school too. It's the part of the school Administrators not willing to deal with bullies and rather just take the "easy" way out by punishing everyone including the victim instead of actually taking responsibility for the kids under their watch in the hours they're in school.

The teachers and administrators who revictimize a builied child by suspending them ought to be relieved of their jobs, and charged with child abuse.

Being too lazy to get to the bottom of a problem students are having does NOT make a good teacher, principal or administrator.

It makes them a CHILD ABUSER.

Prosecute 'em.

B-O-O

H-O-O

I don't know how old you are Paulie, but try to put yourselves in the shoes of a 11 year old. You may of been Dirty Harry at the tender age of eleven, but not all kids are.

I actually wasn't. I got picked on because my first name lends itself to such, and I had a small build and wasn't always sure of myself physically. And because I didn't step up, I got it MORE.

Eventually when I was in my teens I figured it all out. I put up the dukes and handled my business. My only regret is not doing that sooner.

But these days I'm friends with some of the ones who picked on me. Irony, baby.

I actually wasn't. I got picked on because my first name lends itself to such, and I had a small build and wasn't always sure of myself physically. And because I didn't step up, I got it MORE.

Eventually when I was in my teens I figured it all out. I put up the dukes and handled my business. My only regret is not doing that sooner.

But these days I'm friends with some of the ones who picked on me. Irony, baby.

Sure, and all kids have to go through the process of growing up. Remember, a 11 year old kid hasn't gone through the experiences you have yet to know enough that perhaps defending themselves is better in a situation. And as someone else mentioned, some kids are just naturally timid. It's a situation that varies from case to case.

I'm sure you'd love to go back and tell 11 year old Paulie to put up the dukes sooner. However, it's through experience that we learn life lessons and learn how to grow. Such wisdom would be more appreciated by your present self more than your child self.

Last edited:
I think children should be protected from bullying.

They should be, but aren't.

Lazy teachers and adminstrators punish BOTH children....the bully AND the *child being bullied*.

They can't be bothered to get to the bottom of a problem. They can't be bothered to protect the child being bullied (sometimes to death). They just punish 'em all.

And eventually the child being bullied gives up....and sometimes the results are deadly. For the bully's target, anyway. :(

They should be, but aren't.

Lazy teachers and adminstrators punish BOTH children....the bully AND the *child being bullied*.

They can't be bothered to get to the bottom of a problem. They can't be bothered to protect the child being bullied (sometimes to death). They just punish 'em all.

And eventually the child being bullied gives up....and sometimes the results are deadly. For the bully's target, anyway. :(

I completely agree.

How on earth do 11 year olds even know what suicide is let alone how to do it???

Are parents just so unaware of whats going on in their childs life to let this happen??

homophobic? How to freakin 11 year olds know anything about homosexuality or sex period????

Along side MTV and multiple other shows, technology, computer savvy, etc. it's being taught in schools whether the parents want it taught or not. Most of the time the law is stacked against the parents these days, but on the other hand there are parents who just don't give a damn and have other more pressing things to take care of than spending time with their kids.

But this kind of bullying that's going on in schools today is nothing anywhere near the bullying that went on in years past. And in the past it was dealt with swiftly by school officials, parents and the kids - in other words "zero tolerance" meant something.

This stuff today goes way beyond the pale. You've got 10 to 20 kids sometimes beating the living hell out of one kid, there are sometimes serious injuries AND there is always the ever-present cell phone on hand to film the scene and post it on the internet.

I had not heard about the 11-year-old boys ... but the girl who killed herself was a sad, sad story. Her parents had come here from Ireland so that the girl could be better educated and the girl's "criminal offense" as a freshman was to go out on a date with a senior jock who was on all the girls' "gotta have" lists. In this case, it seems that the parents were well aware of what was going on and that the school apparently had knowledge of what was going on but the school did nothing to intervene.

So, when someone posts that today's kids are "bad" or "mean" - they're right. Kids today are something else.

Last edited:
I hate to say this because it sounds muy sexist, but the problem is the feminization of little boys.

They are no longer allowed to be boys, they are told they have to be nice, understanding, that agression and compition is bad, nurturing is good, never fight back, try to get along, ect.

When I was a kid the way to stop bullying was a punch in the face, it worked EVERY TIME.

Now kids are taught that violence is wrong, that it solves nothing and all other kinds of insipid psychobabble. But such concepts only work with mature minds and people, not kids.

As a result kids feel increasing helpless in teh face of bullying, and you get small children now killing themselves.

Forum List

Back