Two eleven year olds commited suicide over bullying

Oh for the days when one would duke it out (with fists) with the bullies! If the bully was older, the big brother (or sister) would take care of him. Meet me around the corner after school. For some reason it worked and the parents were never the wiser. Problem solved.

I remember two boys, both a year older than me, causing holy hell way back in "junior high."

Eventually, I had enough, and so I ambushed them with a steel rod. Made em bleed. So what did they do?

Run to mommy!

Now, the parents who were completely ignorant of their kids' borderline illegal behavior, were harassing the school to suspend/expel me!

Fortunately, an honors student has far more credibility than two hooligans, and so they believed me when I said the two boys had just crashed their bicycles.

---

That was the last time I had to deal with bullying, as my rep, and height, increased.

Survival of the fittest. If these kids can't take a being bullied, they are doing the species a favor by removing themselves from the gene pool. We already have enough liberals. :lol:

Seriously though, kids today are way too sensitive.

People today are too sensitive...and their sense of value is warped. To kill someone "because he dissed me" is not rare enough. People are killed for a pair of Air Jordans, fifty cents, for cutting a watermelon wrong, shot dead for not dressing 'properly' for Easter dinner...

This is a sad thread. A senseless loss that will be repeated. Bullying will stop when the bullies are smacked on the head with enough force to jar their brains. The only problem with my plan to give the targets weapons of ass destruction is that the bullies would take them away. Children should be taught to fight with their hands and feet...and to do enough damage to disable any human that fucks with them...barehanded!

The bigger the bully, the more it hurts when he falls!

Last edited:
I wonder how many kids stand up for those other kids being bullied, or do they just stand by and watch it?

I had a half brother who was over 20 years older than me and a bikie.

Never had problems with bullies.

Another 11-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide After Homophobic Bullying ? Feministe

You’ve likely read about the tragedy of Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover, an 11-year-old boy who committed suicide after being relentlessly bullied at school with homophobic taunts.

But now, to make matters even worse in the only way they could possibly get worse, a second 11-year-old boy has also committed suicide (h/t). Jaheem Herrera, too, hanged himself after being bullied at school. Seemingly, the taunts were also homophobic in nature.

They were 11 years old, how could anybody think they were homosexuals...11 year olds should out playing baseball, not having sex. Something is wrong with the kids that bullied those boys. Something is even more wrong if either one of them were engaging in sexual acts.

I wonder how many kids stand up for those other kids being bullied, or do they just stand by and watch it?
If they do,

1. You won't hear about it on the news.

2. They'll re-enact West Side Story, sans the singing.

<<<

I remember once my son was being bullied at school and another boy stood up for him. That other boy was called into the principal's office. Seems it's okay to bully kids, but it's not okay to stand up for those being bullied, and heaven help you if you strike out at the ones bullying you, then YOU get suspended, if not expelled. Our schools are sick.

They were 11 years old, how could anybody think they were homosexuals...
You're expecting 11-year-olds to be rational? "Fag" is a near-universal taunt in schools, hell, it's still used by (alleged) adults here!

Also, popping a boner in the gym showers is so common it's practically cliche.
11 year olds should out playing baseball, not having sex. Something is wrong with the kids that bullied those boys. Something is even more wrong if either one of them were engaging in sexual acts.
Would you believe the bullies if they called an 11-year-old girl a slut, causing her to commit suicide? Nice double-standard.

Last edited:
They were 11 years old, how could anybody think they were homosexuals...
You're expecting 11-year-olds to be rational? "Fag" is a near-universal taunt in schools, hell, it's still used by (alleged) adults here!

Also, popping a boner in the gym showers is so common it's practically cliche.
11 year olds should out playing baseball, not having sex. Something is wrong with the kids that bullied those boys. Something is even more wrong if either one of them were engaging in sexual acts.
Would you believe the bullies if they called an 11-year-old girl a slut, causing her to commit suicide? Nice double-standard.

I don't know what "popping a boner" means, and I don't think I want to, I don't know where you live but in our schools today kids don't take showers anymore.

I didn't say I didn't believe the kids were bullied, obviously they were. I said it's stupid to call them homosexuals, 11 year olds shouldn't be having sex, boys or girls.

I don't think there's a double standard in anything I said. I don't understand a world where 11 year old kids are bullying other kids over sexual orientation. There should be nothing like that in school at that age. Then again, it probably comes from books like "Heather had two mommys" that they've been ingrained with since kindergarten. Maybe it's time we forget about sex in the lower grades and just teach them to be kids.

I don't understand the world today, I think that's pretty clear. It's not the world I grew up in, where big brothers and sisters would take care of the little kids, heck where the older kids in the neighborhood always took care of the younger kids in the neighborhood. If there was a bully, he was taken care of by the older kids too.

I remember as a child, in 2nd grade a boy took a knife to my throat. I somehow managed to get out of that situation and when my big brother found out, he went over to that kids house and beat the crap out of him and took his knife. When his parents showed up at our door to complain about my brother, they were met with my parents who handed them the knife and told them what really happened. The parents then went home and punished the boy again and he never misused a knife again, at least not as long as we lived there.

This is clearly not the world I grew up in.

I don't know what "popping a boner" means, and I don't think I want to, I don't know where you live but in our schools today kids don't take showers anymore.
It means a boy was caught with an erection in the communal showers after gym class.

If the kid wasn't being bullied before, he sure will be after everyone saw his erection for the football team.

I said it's stupid to call them homosexuals, 11 year olds shouldn't be having sex, boys or girls.
It's also stupid to call them poopypants, because 11-year-olds are potty-trained. That's not going to stop the bullies.

I don't think there's a double standard in anything I said. I don't understand a world where 11 year old kids are bullying other kids over sexual orientation. There should be nothing like that in school at that age.
Hate to tell you, but most kids start popping pubic hairs at around 11-13 years old.

Then again, it probably comes from books like "Heather had two mommys" that they've been ingrained with since kindergarten. Maybe it's time we forget about sex in the lower grades and just teach them to be kids.
No, it comes from things like Comedy Central and MTV. All the "cool" 11-year-olds are secretly watching South Park and Family Guy.

I don't understand the world today, I think that's pretty clear.
:lol::lol::lol:

Yep.

It's not the world I grew up in, where big brothers and sisters would take care of the little kids, heck where the older kids in the neighborhood always took care of the younger kids in the neighborhood. If there was a bully, he was taken care of by the older kids too.
This would now result in the suspension of everyone involved, as moronic/cowardly school administrators adopt "zero tolerance" policies. In effect, the teacher's union has abdicated control of our public schools to the most devious bully.

I remember as a child, in 2nd grade a boy took a knife to my throat. I somehow managed to get out of that situation and when my big brother found out, he went over to that kids house and beat the crap out of him and took his knife. When his parents showed up at our door to complain about my brother, they were met with my parents who handed them the knife and told them what really happened. The parents then went home and punished the boy again and he never misused a knife again, at least not as long as we lived there.
Did the kid call Child Services on his parents, for child abuse? Nothing will put the fear of God into your average parent like a visit from the child police.

This is clearly not the world I grew up in.
I'm not that old, yet its worse now than even when I was in school!

Honestly, kids are fucking pussies anymore.

At 11 years old, if you already can't handle being called names, there are problems deeper than the name calling.

Whatever happened to standing up for yourself and popping someone in the mother fucking mouth? Even if you end up losing the fight, you will earn more respect than killing yourself EVER will.
pussies?

I seem to remember you having a melt down as an adult after I mocked you for being upset over a claim to witnessing a bad accident.

just sayin'

:eusa_whistle:

That's a whole different story though.

Now you're talking about possibly risking your reputation if you end up being the advocate of the bullied kids.

That's the kind of thing I can understand from kids, with the whole social structure, but I just don't understand the notion of not fighting back just because you're scared of a suspension.

That's where the fathers need to step in and teach their kids how to defend themselves.

Last edited:

At 11 years old, if you already can't handle being called names, there are problems deeper than the name calling.

Whatever happened to standing up for yourself and popping someone in the mother fucking mouth? Even if you end up losing the fight, you will earn more respect than killing yourself EVER will.
pussies?

I seem to remember you having a melt down as an adult after I mocked you for being upset over a claim to witnessing a bad accident.

just sayin'

:eusa_whistle:

I had a melt down? I fucking posted a thread about seeing someone die, and that it ruined my day. How the fuck was that a meltdown, and how the FUCK does that even relate to this thread?

You're such a fucking faggot dev. For mother fucking REAL.

No, it comes from things like Comedy Central and MTV. All the "cool" 11-year-olds are secretly watching South Park and Family Guy.

Again I have to ask . . . where the hell are the parents? Why aren't the parents doing their job? Do parents even know the word 'no' these days?

My 13 year old tells me all the time that so-and-so watches Family Guy or South Park or Two and a Half Men. WTH are 12 and 13 year olds watching adult shows for and why aren't their parents paying attention??

Again I have to ask . . . where the hell are the parents? Why aren't the parents doing their job? Do parents even know the word 'no' these days?

My 13 year old tells me all the time that so-and-so watches Family Guy or South Park or Two and a Half Men. WTH are 12 and 13 year olds watching adult shows for and why aren't their parents paying attention??

Good question, I don't even watch those shows.

Add this to the other recent case with the fifteen year old girl. This goes on to confirm that middle school aged kids really can be mean. That, and more needs to be done.

Well, that's a well thought out post.

not.

really have you been to school and know how bad it is? and for you to pass it along like its nothing but mean kids it just wrong. its problem happening that needs to be fix now.

This has nothing to do with standing up for yourself and i am grauntee you its more than just words. go read article. god you people surprise me... you people make me fucking sick.

The kids getting picked on usually are the types who actually care about their studies. When I was in high school not too long ago mind you, it was zero tolerance. You could of been sitting there getting your ass handed to you on a silver platter without fighting back and you still probably would of been suspended. So they're going to avoid fighting as much as possible.

Avoid fighting only to end up turning your frustration inwards until it drives you to suicide???

I don't know dude, the suspension is better than DEATH. If you really cared that much about your studies, you wouldn't be considering killing yourself.

It ain't the rules these kids are worried about. They're afraid to own what and who it is that they are, and they let people walk all over them.

If you're gay, you're gay. So what. Fucking own it and defend it. No one is going to call the gay kid a faggot after he lays a so-called bully the fuck out.

Worst case scenario, they move on to another target that WON'T defend themselves. Most of these bullies these days are just as big of pussies.

this has nothing to do with fighting back is not the correct way to teach kids end of story.

How on earth do 11 year olds even know what suicide is let alone how to do it???

Are parents just so unaware of whats going on in their childs life to let this happen??

homophobic? How to freakin 11 year olds know anything about homosexuality or sex period????

You haven't watched TV in a long time apparently.

Suicide, homosexuality, etc, is all over the tube nowadays.

MTV is enough to make these kids lose their damn minds.

But you're right, if an 11 year old is killing himself over name calling, the only question the needs to be asked is 'where the fuck were the parents?"

Why are parents letting their 11 year olds watch the shows that have this type of stuff in it? Why aren't they utilizing the parental controls on the tvs? Why are they giving 11 year olds the freedom of cell phones without the kids understanding the responsibility that goes along with it? Why do kids have computers and internet in their rooms? Why do kids have cable tv's in their rooms? Why does my neighbor let his 7 year old play MA rated video games? I find it all puzzling.

imo, a lot of parents do a sucky job of knowing what their kids are watching and doing - or they just don't care. Much easier to just give in to the 'well everyone else is doing it' attitude.

If you knew anything you know parents can't be there 24/7 and they already knew about problems at the school.

Parents work and kids know how to hide things... you people are acting like this is anything new its not. Its not just parents faults its school fault for let it continue to happen without doing shit.

Forum List

Back