Two eleven year olds commited suicide over bullying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luissa, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    Another 11-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide After Homophobic Bullying ? Feministe

You’ve likely read about the tragedy of Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover, an 11-year-old boy who committed suicide after being relentlessly bullied at school with homophobic taunts.

But now, to make matters even worse in the only way they could possibly get worse, a second 11-year-old boy has also committed suicide (h/t). Jaheem Herrera, too, hanged himself after being bullied at school. Seemingly, the taunts were also homophobic in nature.

2. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Add this to the other recent case with the fifteen year old girl. This goes on to confirm that middle school aged kids really can be mean. That, and more needs to be done.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  3. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,539
    What do you mean by bad?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Let me clarify, when I say bad I'm saying mean as can be.

Middle school for many is where you're old enough to know it's wrong (Bullying), but not old enough to care.

However, from what I recall about middle school, most people were just constantly at each other's throats. It's ridiculous looking back and thinking about it.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Well, that's a well thought out post.

not.

6. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I was just posting my reaction thoughts to what I read. I'm not trying to overanalyze it.

7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,539
    Honestly, kids are fucking pussies anymore.

At 11 years old, if you already can't handle being called names, there are problems deeper than the name calling.

Whatever happened to standing up for yourself and popping someone in the mother fucking mouth? Even if you end up losing the fight, you will earn more respect than killing yourself EVER will.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    The kids getting picked on usually are the types who actually care about their studies. When I was in high school not too long ago mind you, it was zero tolerance. You could of been sitting there getting your ass handed to you on a silver platter without fighting back and you still probably would of been suspended. So they're going to avoid fighting as much as possible.

Though if I were going to be suspended either way, I'd probably pop the kid in the mouth who was trying to fight me.

9. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,539
    Avoid fighting only to end up turning your frustration inwards until it drives you to suicide???

I don't know dude, the suspension is better than DEATH. If you really cared that much about your studies, you wouldn't be considering killing yourself.

It ain't the rules these kids are worried about. They're afraid to own what and who it is that they are, and they let people walk all over them.

If you're gay, you're gay. So what. Fucking own it and defend it. No one is going to call the gay kid a faggot after he lays a so-called bully the fuck out.

Worst case scenario, they move on to another target that WON'T defend themselves. Most of these bullies these days are just as big of pussies.

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,220
    How on earth do 11 year olds even know what suicide is let alone how to do it???

Are parents just so unaware of whats going on in their childs life to let this happen??

homophobic? How to freakin 11 year olds know anything about homosexuality or sex period????