9-year-old died by suicide after he was bullied

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
So sad. I saw his mom interviewed about this. Bullying must stop.

9-year-old died by suicide after he was bullied, mom says - CNN

(CNN)A 9-year-old boy in Colorado took his life days after starting the fourth grade last week. He had recently come out as gay to his mother, who believes that bullying was a factor in his death, she told HLN's Mike Galanos on Tuesday.

"The same kids who picked on him last year were even meaner to him once he came out and said he was gay," said Leia Pierce, Jamel Myles' mother. "They hurt my baby."
Denver Police said that Jamel's death appears to be a suicide.
<more>

A student at our children's school committed suicide this week, my understanding is bullying played a part in it.

It's a real problem. Bullies are cowards at heart preying on what they view as weak and defenseless.

When I grew up every kid was bullied by somebody, and no one ever committed suicide.

It was just a part of life, and taught you about yourself and how to deal with other people. .... :cool:

The best way to deal with a bully is to beat the living hell out of one. In school I saw that happen, everyday this guy would pick on this real quiet kid, one day something snapped with the quiet kid and he beat the snot out of the bully, it was ugly I never saw the bully go after anyone else for the duration of school.

My father called those things life lessons

First clue. behavior meds cause suicidal desires the most under educated, uniforned idiots who can't get their mouth off the teet of the medical gods use their kids and sacrafice because medicla gods know best. Any idiot who actually bothers to READ THE INSERT" will read " CAN CAUSE SUICIDAL URGES" , but no you see the sheep of the nation just listen to the school gods tell them your kid can't sit still your needs to take ridilen, or some form of behavior meds, oh your kid is depressed and now needs these.

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE WAKE THE FK UP AND READ, STOP TAKING THE WORDS OF THE MEDICAL GODS AND EDUCATION GODS. they are your biggest idiots of the world.

I would ban my life on it this kid was on a cocktail of drugs.

p.s. 9 yr olds aren't phucken gay either gawd dam you sheep need to fizzle out of society you stuid fks believe anything that has a PHD and hates Trump. your moron, you hear that morons. :114:

When I was around 10 years old we moved into a new neighborhood. There was this kid who was a year old and a head taller than me, who keep picking on me and bullying me. One day he was riding his bicycle past me while swinging a long stick trying to hit me. So I went into my house sobbing to my Dad about the mean kid. My father told me to go back outside and kick the kids ass if he bothered me again, or else he was going whip my butt with his belt.

I was far more in fear of my father than the bully. So I waited on the curb for the kid from hell to return, while my father stood watching me at the window.

Sure enough here came the bully on his bike heading right for me swing the stick. Just as soon as he got near, I leaped on him, knock him off his bike, and began punching him until he started crying and ran away.

That was the day I learned how to deal with a bully, and who I was as a person. The kid and I later became best friends all thru school.

Unfortunately, today, the parents would have called the police, and their precious little Johnny would grow up to be a limp wristed wimp. .... :cool:

You know, there are several things about bullying today that are different than when I was growing up in the 70's. For one, there was no social media, and if a person was bullying you, you could avoid the bully by not being where they were. In today's society? You can't EVER get away from social media, and it spreads a hell of a lot faster on social media than it does word of mouth like we did in the old days. If you wanted to spread something bad about someone, it took time because it had to be passed via note or done via phone call, not a mass emailing on Facebook that could cover hundreds of people at once.

Another thing is that a person's self esteem wasn't so wrapped up in how many followers they had. Either you did something that got you noticed (either for good or bad), or you just simply were part of the background. And, if you didn't get noticed, sometimes that was a good thing.

And finally, it was rare that someone would take the time to make copies of a picture of someone and then put mean memes or put drawings all over their face, because that took time and effort, as well as cost a bit of cash. Nowadays? If you have Photoshop, you can do it in a very short time, as well as distribute it wide spread for damn near free.

First clue. behavior meds cause suicidal desires the most under educated, uniforned idiots who can't get their mouth off the teet of the medical gods use their kids and sacrafice because medicla gods know best. Any idiot who actually bothers to READ THE INSERT" will read " CAN CAUSE SUICIDAL URGES" , but no you see the sheep of the nation just listen to the school gods tell them your kid can't sit still your needs to take ridilen, or some form of behavior meds, oh your kid is depressed and now needs these.

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE WAKE THE FK UP AND READ, STOP TAKING THE WORDS OF THE MEDICAL GODS AND EDUCATION GODS. they are your biggest idiots of the world.

I would ban my life on it this kid was on a cocktail of drugs.
So you are showing outrage, and 100% speculation on whether not this kids was on medication?

You know, there are several things about bullying today that are different than when I was growing up in the 70's. For one, there was no social media, and if a person was bullying you, you could avoid the bully by not being where they were. In today's society? You can't EVER get away from social media, and it spreads a hell of a lot faster on social media than it does word of mouth like we did in the old days. If you wanted to spread something bad about someone, it took time because it had to be passed via note or done via phone call, not a mass emailing on Facebook that could cover hundreds of people at once.

Another thing is that a person's self esteem wasn't so wrapped up in how many followers they had. Either you did something that got you noticed (either for good or bad), or you just simply were part of the background. And, if you didn't get noticed, sometimes that was a good thing.

And finally, it was rare that someone would take the time to make copies of a picture of someone and then put mean memes or put drawings all over their face, because that took time and effort, as well as cost a bit of cash. Nowadays? If you have Photoshop, you can do it in a very short time, as well as distribute it wide spread for damn near free.
This board is a perfect example of degenerate pussies who revel in the ability to say whatever they want with zero repercussions.

Hell I was bullied but never thought about offing myself.

Where the hell were this kids parents???
What do you suggest the parents do?
His mom was supportive of him.
Perhaps she should have advised him not to announce he is ‘gay’ at school.
Also he’s 9 years old, not an age to be discussing such things publicly.
Not good parenting, imho, but it’s so trendy maybe she couldn’t help herself.

When I grew up every kid was bullied by somebody, and no one ever committed suicide.

It was just a part of life, and taught you about yourself and how to deal with other people. .... :cool:

The best way to deal with a bully is to beat the living hell out of one. In school I saw that happen, everyday this guy would pick on this real quiet kid, one day something snapped with the quiet kid and he beat the snot out of the bully, it was ugly I never saw the bully go after anyone else for the duration of school.

My father called those things life lessons
That is a quaint clichéd approach. The typical bully goes after the weakest, most vulnerable ones, and there is nothing physically the bullied can do about it. If you have a 150 pound 12 year old who is with the popular crowd, plays sports, etc., and he takes it upon himself to start bullying the 75 pound 10 year old, the bullied kid cannot just 'beat the living hell out of the bully'. He could ball up his little hand and throw the biggest Hail Mary punch he can muster, and get nothing out of it but a pounding.

The bully in my age group growing up was a prototype: big corn-fed asshole. Hit puberty early, was tall, muscular, aggressive, and had functional strength. He would go after the kids a couple of years younger and 50 pounds lighter. They weren't going to give him his due, even if they had a baseball bat in their hands.

When I was around 10 years old we moved into a new neighborhood. There was this kid who was a year old and a head taller than me, who keep picking on me and bullying me. One day he was riding his bicycle past me while swinging a long stick trying to hit me. So I went into my house sobbing to my Dad about the mean kid. My father told me to go back outside and kick the kids ass if he bothered me again, or else he was going whip my butt with his belt.

I was far more in fear of my father than the bully. So I waited on the curb for the kid from hell to return, while my father stood watching me at the window.

Sure enough here came the bully on his bike heading right for me swing the stick. Just as soon as he got near, I leaped on him, knock him off his bike, and began punching him until he started crying and ran away.

That was the day I learned how to deal with a bully, and who I was as a person. The kid and I later became best friends all thru school.

Unfortunately, today, the parents would have called the police, and their precious little Johnny would grow up to be a limp wristed wimp. .... :cool:
Cool story bro.

Forum List

Back