two day rally

wimpy77

Jan 21, 2009
things may change tomorrow but with freddie mac asking for $30 billion from the fed stocks could go down tomorrow unless something good happens.

things may change tomorrow but with freddie mac asking for $30 billion from the fed stocks could go down tomorrow unless something good happens.

I may be missing something, but the rally yesterday seems to have been driven entirely by Citi's claim that it showed a profit for the first two months of the year, but that says nothing about the amount of credit available to finance a recovery. If Congress decides to modify the mark to market rule tomorrow it may buoy prices for a few days more, but unless there is more substantial news in the offing, I think we will see the market going again before long.

I may be missing something, but the rally yesterday seems to have been driven entirely by Citi's claim that it showed a profit for the first two months of the year, but that says nothing about the amount of credit available to finance a recovery. If Congress decides to modify the mark to market rule tomorrow it may buoy prices for a few days more, but unless there is more substantial news in the offing, I think we will see the market going again before long.

i think if they decide to modify mark to market tomorrow i think it will be more than a few more days. banks would not have to write loses until they are fully mature from my understanding. but right now the futures are doing pretty good right now.

Forum List

Back