Tweets!

Immanuel

Gold Member
May 15, 2007
What the hell did I do?

All of a sudden when I am in this site, I get a tab on the left hand side of the page, entitled "Tweets". Where the hell did that come from? How the hell do I get rid of it?

Also, somehow I got directed to the social groups page which I had never paid attention to and I could not get back to the forum even to post this thread.

How do I get rid of "tweets"... Please! I find that tab annoying.

Immie

Okay, it has disappeared for me as well.

I hope it is not a preview of things to come!

Don't have that add-on at the moment MM, but if that persists, I will be installing it.

Thanks all,

Immie

Here's where that's coming from:

static.tweetboard.com/widget/images

It appears to be a feature USMB is adding. It didn't get there by accident.

Last edited:
Don't have that add-on at the moment MM, but if that persists, I will be installing it.

Thanks all,

Immie
It makes really very little sense to be running firefox without AdBlock. Only takes 5 minutes to get it and subscribe to a filter, then after that all adverts and anything else you don't want to see is gone forever.

Oh Lord NO!!!!

Gunny, please cancel that order!
The unobtrusive Tweetboard forum sits on the left hand side of your screen as a small tab indicating the count of tweets since a viewer’s last visit.
Unobtrusive my ass!

Immie
It might not be Gunny. I notice DanK, the tech, has been logged in today. Might just be a coinky-dink however.

Oh Lord NO!!!!

Gunny, please cancel that order!
The unobtrusive Tweetboard forum sits on the left hand side of your screen as a small tab indicating the count of tweets since a viewer’s last visit.
Unobtrusive my ass!

Immie
It might not be Gunny. I notice DanK, the tech, has been logged in today. Might just be a coinky-dink however.

No, I blame DanK.

Who is DanK?

Thanks all,

Immie
It makes really very little sense to be running firefox without AdBlock. Only takes 5 minutes to get it and subscribe to a filter, then after that all adverts and anything else you don't want to see is gone forever.

I use NoAds and get no pop-ups and don't have any real problems with Firefox.

In fact, until you mentioned AdBlock Plus, I had never even heard of it.

I will, however, check it out later, just not now.

Immie

Thanks all,

Immie

Immie
Does "NoAds" allow you to add custom filters? I've never heard of it. Why does anyone need a pop-up blocker when running firefox? Firefox has pop-up blocking already built in.

AdBlock is the Man. Blocks ALL adverts. And anything else you don't wanna see.

Last edited:

Immie
Does "NoAds" allow you to add custom filters? I've never heard of it.

AdBlock is the Man.

NoAds allows you to block all windows that open up and once you block them, they never appear again. It also allows you to use wild cards so let's just say you did not want "google ads" to pop up on your screen but they come in "google ads by Walmart" and "google ads by Best Buy" etc. You can use the wild card "google ads" and say good bye to those damned pop ups.

With a good adware program preventing the installation of adware, you can say good by the that crap real quick like.

Immie

Immie

AdBlock is the Man.

NoAds allows you to block all windows that open up and once you block them, they never appear again. It also allows you to use wild cards so let's just say you did not want "google ads" to pop up on your screen but they come in "google ads by Walmart" and "google ads by Best Buy" etc. You can use the wild card "google ads" and say good bye to those damned pop ups.

With a good adware program preventing the installation of adware, you can say good by the that crap real quick like.

Immie
If you are using firefox, you will get no pop-up adverts of any kind, unless in your preferences you are allowing pop-ups. You do not need a pop-up blocker when using firefox.

AdBlock is a firefox add-on and blocks ads which appear on web pages you have requested. Like USMB for example has many adverts on its pages. I see none of them.

In fact, if you want to mess with a friend, install NoAds and put his/her favorite program in the filter. He/she won't be able to bring up the program at all.

Later go into NoAds delete the program name and use it then when you leave, put it back in there just to mess with his/her mind.

For instance "Microsoft Excel" put that in the wild card and he won't be able to open up an excel spreadsheet. Wait for him to leave, remove the wild card. When he comes back, be using it. When he leaves set Noads to block Excel and freak him out.

:)

Immie

AdBlock is the Man.

Immie
If you are using firefox, you will get no pop-up adverts of any kind, unless in your preferences you are allowing pop-ups. You do not need a pop-up blocker when using firefox.

AdBlock is a firefox add-on and blocks ads which appear on web pages you have requested. Like USMB for example has many adverts on its pages. I see none of them.

NoAds blocks all pop ups even when you are not using your browser.

It appears AdBlock and NoAds do different things. I will have to install AdBlock shortly. No Ads at all!! A godsend!

Immie

Forum List

Back