Tuscon Arizona school district bans racial hatred books

If I remember correctly, John Huppenthal was just elected Superintendent of Public Instruction in 2010, and one of his campaign issues was the Mexican Studies program, so it's not like there hasn't been A LOT of research and discussion on this issue.

Shocking a border state that has been invaded from the border jumpers doesn't like books promoting the idea that it is really part of Mexico....shocking.

But of course liberal "elites" living in NYC that sometimes meet a nice "Mexican" washing dishes in NYC think people in AZ are backwards for not supporting an invasion of their state. I wonder what those libs would think if Mexican squatters could live and rummage through their multi-million dollar apartment complexes.....

You have proved nothing. You've found a few quotes from somewhere and used them out of context in a hysterical manner.
Her citation is credible. If you believe it's not, prove it. The article even lists page numbers. Should be easy, right?

Or you could just continue the sissy bedwetter routine and insist it's not true because you don't like somebody pointing it out.
I suppose I could buy the book but then again, so could she. She's the one that made the assertion.

I did find this, which posts the quote in context. It's a book about Chicano/Black Civil rights struggles. The person that said it said it in 1969 and it pretty well doomed the fledgling political party he started in Texas to run against the Republicans and Democrats. This is also a HISTORY book that reports on what happened without condoning the events and words of the time.

Sad that you think wanting to know the truth is "sissy" but not surprising.

Fighting their own battles: Mexican Americans, African Americans, and the ... - Brian D. Behnken - Google Books
Ahhh. So when he said "kill the gringo", he didn't mean kill the gringo. :lol:

Unsurprisingly, you believe that horseshit.

Her citation is credible. If you believe it's not, prove it. The article even lists page numbers. Should be easy, right?

Or you could just continue the sissy bedwetter routine and insist it's not true because you don't like somebody pointing it out.
I suppose I could buy the book but then again, so could she. She's the one that made the assertion.

I did find this, which posts the quote in context. It's a book about Chicano/Black Civil rights struggles. The person that said it said it in 1969 and it pretty well doomed the fledgling political party he started in Texas to run against the Republicans and Democrats. This is also a HISTORY book that reports on what happened without condoning the events and words of the time.

Fighting their own battles: Mexican Americans, African Americans, and the ... - Brian D. Behnken - Google Books

No, I don't believe it at all.

But you know that, or you're really stupid. I'm going to go with really stupid.

No, I don't believe it at all.

But you know that, or you're really stupid. I'm going to go with really stupid.
If you didn't believe it, you wouldn't have posted it as a refutation.

Now, you were saying something about stupidity...?

So YOU think "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" should be allowed as classroom textbooks, do you? You seem to think school districts should have no ability to tell teachers what books they can and can't teach from, so how about that one? And exactly what authority ARE school districts allowed, if not setting curriculum and selecting textbooks?

No. I believe that the only thing worse than reading or hearing ideas one finds hateful, despicable, disgusting, or otherwise distasteful, the only thing more disturbing than being exposed to ideas one doesn't agree with, be they racial, religious, or political, is banning the same. Banning does not put an end to it, it merely sends it underground, into the shadows. Better to shine a light on such idiocy rather let it hide and fester and grow...

Riiiiight. Refusing to use something as a classroom textbook is "driving it underground". We should allow EVERYTHING to be taught in classrooms, to "shine a light on it".

Brilliant. Glad you're not on MY local school board. Might as well just let the kids roam the streets like mangy wolf packs.

So...it is a bad thing to teach our HS students critical thinking along with exposing them to all viewpoints...valid or not.

I think I'm beginning to truely, truely understand the FOX Nation mindset.

I have proved it. It's you Ravi who will not accept that they were teaching hate speech.
It was proven in the court and in the letter written by the school superintendent that they were promoting resentment toward a race or class of people.
It's you who won't accept it.
You have proved nothing. You've found a few quotes from somewhere and used them out of context in a hysterical manner.

Well I don't think that court testimony right from the court room and actual video from hearings at the school board and a letter from the school superintend is out of context nor hysterical.
They concluded that occupied america and other books were being promoted as hate speech so they voted by a 4 to 1 to cancel the program.
If you want to read the book go rent it from your library.
The book itself was not what the charges were about.
The Court and the school board are the ones who came to a conclusion that the classes were promoting resentment toward a race or class of people.

Why is it liberals only define define as hate speech anything they do not agree with and only when it is spoken by whites? I guess Mexicans and blacks are absolutely incapable of hating, or of articulating their hatred. NOT! If liberals truly want to improve their racially intolerant society, they must first admit that minorities are part of the problem, too.

No. I believe that the only thing worse than reading or hearing ideas one finds hateful, despicable, disgusting, or otherwise distasteful, the only thing more disturbing than being exposed to ideas one doesn't agree with, be they racial, religious, or political, is banning the same. Banning does not put an end to it, it merely sends it underground, into the shadows. Better to shine a light on such idiocy rather let it hide and fester and grow...

Riiiiight. Refusing to use something as a classroom textbook is "driving it underground". We should allow EVERYTHING to be taught in classrooms, to "shine a light on it".

Brilliant. Glad you're not on MY local school board. Might as well just let the kids roam the streets like mangy wolf packs.

So...it is a bad thing to teach our HS students critical thinking along with exposing them to all viewpoints...valid or not.

So you're okay with teaching a book that teaches homosexuality is evil?

Or is that different? Somehow?

I have proved it. It's you Ravi who will not accept that they were teaching hate speech.
It was proven in the court and in the letter written by the school superintendent that they were promoting resentment toward a race or class of people.
It's you who won't accept it.

Well I don't think that court testimony right from the court room and actual video from hearings at the school board and a letter from the school superintend is out of context nor hysterical.
They concluded that occupied america and other books were being promoted as hate speech so they voted by a 4 to 1 to cancel the program.
If you want to read the book go rent it from your library.
The book itself was not what the charges were about.
The Court and the school board are the ones who came to a conclusion that the classes were promoting resentment toward a race or class of people.

Oh come on, every one knows it's okay to promote resentment towards a class of people as long as those people are white. Haven't you heard? Only whites can be racist. <yes, I was being sarcastic!>

Shocking a border state that has been invaded from the border jumpers doesn't like books promoting the idea that it is really part of Mexico....shocking.

But of course liberal "elites" living in NYC that sometimes meet a nice "Mexican" washing dishes in NYC think people in AZ are backwards for not supporting an invasion of their state. I wonder what those libs would think if Mexican squatters could live and rummage through their multi-million dollar apartment complexes.....

The truth is, the ones defending it the most are those who benefit from the illegals. Cheap maids, cheap gardeners, cheap construction workers...who cares how many Americans lose their jobs or how low our wages go because of them as long as the wealthy can get more services for less and pocket the difference?

As if they allow any Mexican on their street who isn't a maid.

Hey, if high school is all about exposing the students to all the different viewpoints out there, how's about we go find some white supremacist literature that advocates lynching blacks and burning crosses on their lawns to "keep those darkies in their place", and use THAT as a textbook.

There's a big difference between telling students, "There are people in the world who believe this", and telling them "This is the way things are, and YOU should believe it". The TUSD Ethnic Studies program didn't just cross that line, it pole-vaulted over it.

Hey, if high school is all about exposing the students to all the different viewpoints out there, how's about we go find some white supremacist literature that advocates lynching blacks and burning crosses on their lawns to "keep those darkies in their place", and use THAT as a textbook.

There's a big difference between telling students, "There are people in the world who believe this", and telling them "This is the way things are, and YOU should believe it". The TUSD Ethnic Studies program didn't just cross that line, it pole-vaulted over it.
Leftists never met any "America sucks!" propaganda they didn't live.

Forum List

Back