Pennsylvania school district bans a whole slew.of children's books

Do you approve of book banning or book burning? Isn't that cancel culture?

Book banning and book burning are two different concepts.

All the tremendous people of Central York are saying is that the teachers that they pay should be teaching their children a different book than the one listed, something more relevant to them.

There are probably no poor African American chicks living in Central York and there are probably few if any city buses. It is a toney Lily-White sector that people have their own cars.

The story of Rosa Parks isn't one that they have any connection to. Maybe if they want to cover the plight of black people, the school can teach and put on a school performance of "Raisin in the Sun" instead?

Book banning and book burning are two different concepts.

All the tremendous people of Central York are saying is that the teachers that they pay should be teaching their children a different book than the one listed, something more relevant to them.

There are probably no poor African American chicks living in Central York and there are probably few if any city buses. It is a toney Lily-White sector that people have their own cars.

The story of Rosa Parks isn't one that they have any connection to. Maybe if they want to cover the plight of black people, the school can teach and put on a school performance of "Raisin in the Sun" instead?

I think school libraries should have all kinds of books.. School is also for teaching children to think.

Consider how little black Sambo from India outsmarted the tiger.

I think school libraries should have all kinds of books.. School is also for teaching children to think.

Consider how little black Sambo from India outsmarted the tiger.

Having a copy of a book in the school library is a lot different than actually teaching it for sure. I can't see any problem with making the book available for kids, if they want. But the book is still totally irrelevant to Middle Class honky kids who never took a city bus in their lives.

Rosa parks is a very important inspirational leader who stood up against a bunch of lowlifes who believe race makes one lesser. I rank her up there with the so called founding fathers. Changed America for the better. Race does not signify anything.

Note to the dummy I lost Rittenhouse bet to: Apologies for breaking curfew, thought I was in another forum. See y’all on 12/19 as agreed.

Forum List

Back