Pennsylvania school district bans a whole slew.of children's books

Nearly all these books weren't the slightest bit controversial. I Am Rosa Parks? REALLY? Watch the Tuber at bottom, then you'll begin to understand what these fucking RW Nazis are about. So their excuse for "freezing them" was that they "had to be vetted". LoL - most of these books in question were 25 or 30 total pages each with a couple sentences in large print. An adult can read them in 5 or 10 minutes. :rolleyes-41:

Brad Meltzer, author of "I am Rosa Parks," is speaking out after his children’s book was placed on a banned list by the Central York School District in Pennsylvania. On "Fox & Friends," Meltzer called out the school board for becoming part of cancel culture.​
The ban, which impacts books that address race, social justice and history, was implemented in October 2020. According to the school district, the books were not "banned," but rather "frozen" until they can be vetted.​
The school board maintained its position to ban the specific list of resources despite protests from students and community members.​
The York Daily Record reported that one student group, Panther Anti-Racist Union, organized protests that lasted a full week in early September.​
The latest protest, which took place before a school board meeting, attracted about 100 parents, students and teachers.​

Definitely watch the Kilmeade interview. Even Brian gets it.

Author's 'I Am Rosa Parks' children's book banned by PA school district

Now, I'd like USMB "conservatives" to read along for a few pages and tell me what if any problem they see with this book. Thanks in advance!

Ahhh..the myth of Rosa Parks-----so many race hustlers want to believe the BS. Honestly, it should be banned.....and the race hustlers need to stop their bs about trying to spin history to attack whites. Hint.....back then people got up and allowed the elderly to sit down on buses...not this bitch.

We wouldn't want history books in schools for obvious reasons..........
I am Rosa Parks isn't a history book---it is actually more of an anti-history book. History is supposed to be based on the facts and truths....not a bunch of lying woke racist wanting to push the race card. Think we should be having a whole new series of children's books--they can Start with The Truth of Rosa Parks and the Real Truth of Harriet Tubman.

Most of these are books YOUR team banned.

Huck Finn uses the N word 200 times. It probably isn't appropriate until high school.
And your point being? It's a word........not only that Mark Twain aka Samuel Clemens was pro black as was the title character. Dumb ass race hustlers trying to outlaw a wonderful book, not because it harms blacks, but because they are trying to control what words people use is really about CONTROL..so the race hos and their puppet masters try to make it illegal to use words (which btw like statues only grow in their numbers as the race hos get one success or another.) FU and you pathetic attempts to control people....

I am Rosa Parks isn't a history book---it is actually more of an anti-history book. History is supposed to be based on the facts and truths....not a bunch of lying woke racist wanting to push the race card. Think we should be having a whole new series of children's books--they can Start with The Truth of Rosa Parks and the Real Truth of Harriet Tubman.

So tell us, when did you read it?

Nearly all these books weren't the slightest bit controversial.
That's the entire function of a school district, to decide what books are acceptable to read, or adoptable for the curriculum or use as textbooks and what books are better avoided or left for private home schooling or private reading off school grounds.

That's the only reason to have a school district, is to decide on a program of study for the kids, select some books for student reading, reject others.

If you want to home school your kids in controversial subjects, who's objecting?

The Rosa Parks book is well written and easy to understand. It is entirely appropriate for kids to read. I can see that it might make the Klan community uncomfortable but we should not pander to a hate mob.
I am not actually familiar with other books that have been banned but the crazy right did try and ban Lady Chatterleys Lover at one time because a worker fucked an aristocrat in it.

You cannot hide history from kids because it makes your side look bad.

~~~~~~
How about these classic novels "To Kill A Mockingbird", "Catch 22", "Catcher In The Rye", "Lord Of The Flies", "The Crucible", "Clock Work Orange", "The Scarlet Letter", "Uncle Tom's Cabin", "Ulysses" and "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", etc...?
Why are all these on the Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Leftist list?

**********​
**********​

That's the entire function of a school district, to decide what books are acceptable to read, or adoptable for the curriculum or use as textbooks and what books are better avoided or left for private home schooling or private reading off school grounds.

That's the only reason to have a school district, is to decide on a program of study for the kids, select some books for student reading, reject others.

If you want to home school your kids in controversial subjects, who's objecting?
Shouldn't the parents of these pupils/students also have a say in what they should be exposed to and taught?

Ahhh..the myth of Rosa Parks-----so many race hustlers want to believe the BS. Honestly, it should be banned.....and the race hustlers need to stop their bs about trying to spin history to attack whites. Hint.....back then people got up and allowed the elderly to sit down on buses...not this bitch.

Okay, so now u call Rosa Parks a Bitch - BITCH? :finger3:

~~~~~~
How about these classic novels "To Kill A Mockingbird", "Catch 22", "Catcher In The Rye", "Lord Of The Flies", "The Crucible", "Clock Work Orange", "The Scarlet Letter", "Uncle Tom's Cabin", "Ulysses" and "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", etc...?
Why are all these on the Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Leftist list?

All required reading for HIGH SCHOOL kids you insufferable asshole.

Meh - Fuck you - SERIOUS TurtleGirl

Welcome to the world of cancel culture some have been warning people about this for some time where as others didn't give a shit as long as in their mind the right people and things were being cancelled. When you support this kind of stuff with your actions or silence sooner or later it will come for people and things you agree with.

Welcome to the world of cancel culture some have been warning people about this for some time where as others didn't give a shit as long as in their mind the right people and things were being cancelled. When you support this kind of stuff with your actions or silence sooner or later it will come for people and things you agree with.

Sorry, but the only “cancel culture” appears to be coming from YOUR team ;)

So, now you commie fucks care about banning books? Where were you when your woke ilk was banning shit left and right?

Fucking hypocrite.
Beat me to it. Try reintroducing the Bible and see what happens....or school prayer ( Rosa Parks was a very religious woman but that didn't get mentioned in the little pamphlet).

Jo

Last edited:
Nearly all these books weren't the slightest bit controversial. I Am Rosa Parks? REALLY? Watch the Tuber at bottom, then you'll begin to understand what these fucking RW Nazis are about. So their excuse for "freezing them" was that they "had to be vetted". LoL - most of these books in question were 25 or 30 total pages each with a couple sentences in large print. An adult can read them in 5 or 10 minutes. :rolleyes-41:

Brad Meltzer, author of "I am Rosa Parks," is speaking out after his children’s book was placed on a banned list by the Central York School District in Pennsylvania. On "Fox & Friends," Meltzer called out the school board for becoming part of cancel culture.​
The ban, which impacts books that address race, social justice and history, was implemented in October 2020. According to the school district, the books were not "banned," but rather "frozen" until they can be vetted.​
The school board maintained its position to ban the specific list of resources despite protests from students and community members.​
The York Daily Record reported that one student group, Panther Anti-Racist Union, organized protests that lasted a full week in early September.​
The latest protest, which took place before a school board meeting, attracted about 100 parents, students and teachers.​

Definitely watch the Kilmeade interview. Even Brian gets it.

Author's 'I Am Rosa Parks' children's book banned by PA school district

Now, I'd like USMB "conservatives" to read along for a few pages and tell me what if any problem they see with this book. Thanks in advance!

I must be an alien. 25-30 pages is 3-4 minutes tops.
Yep. Evy Woodberger. Scam ? You betcha ! If you studied the style and read A LOT it WOULD make you smokin' fast and decently accurate.
I've always read A LOT. My speed reading is for directions and bullshit like that. I enjoy reading a few sentences, contemplating a bit(if needed) and appreciating a good writers skill...or lack thereof
Want good reads ?
Old Yeller
Big Red
Sixguns by Elmer Kieth
Survival Poaching by Ragnar Benson
Corporatocracy is very well done too, I hear his hippie shit is nice.
I'd rather read the early World book encyclopedia than most anything.
Matter of fact I DID... but you'd never believe that.
Yup 26 volumes cover to cover /.see speed reading course. Then I redid it a little taking my time on some areas.
I think I've read the bible cover to cover maybe 6 times.
Sadly, like most, too fast and looking for a bailout---help me---save me--- I'm an asshole.
Preacher : Pray really really hard and send money
Me: It is written : Every blade of grass will burn, 1/3 of the ocean will turn to shit and men shall seek death and not find it.
Then the earth will be scorched to nothingness and a new one introduced. The New one has a can of whoopass included for each of the occupants. Fuck Up and it pops right open and your ass is whipped as a blink of the eye.
Even so, Come Lord

Forum List

Back