Tuscon Arizona school district bans racial hatred books

What book is being offered that says America sucks?
I'm betting Rethinking Columbus doesn't paint a rosy picture of America.

How did I miss this comment?

Dave just demonstrated the idea that if it aint a "Rosy Picture" of America it must be "Anti-America" and liberal.

Again, why are you appluading lying about the history of this nation?

I'm not. Why are you applauding emphasizing the bad things in American history?

:eusa_liar:
Seems like you're more upset about kids not getting proper liberal indoctrination than about accurate history.

Seems like you are bad at the seems like game. I'll ask again, Why are you applauding lying about Americas history? I mean, if the history of America leads you to believe that America sucks. Is it the teachers responsibility to reverse your conclusion you draw from the facts?

Lying about Columbus helps no one and worst...it's not true. Why promote that?
You're really not very good at this.

I don't think America sucks. I think America is the most amazing nation in history.

Some on the left think America sucks, and attempt to indoctrinate school children with that warped view. See any of Howard Zinn's leftist wet dream "histories".

I aupport teaching children the good with the bad. Some on the left want to teach only the bad. Omitting the good things is lying about American history.

Why do you support that?

Man you're the one that was looking for a "rosy picture" of American history, not me.

Sure they do. Not to mention that he thanked Cesspool for her post about a judge's actions regarding the book in question.

No, they don't. I went back and re-read all of them.

You've been caught peddling yet another bald faced lie, because you're a bald faced lying ****.

And now I'm not the only one who knows. :thup:
:rolleyes:

So, dman, are you applauding that Rethinking Columbus isn't in the school cirriculum or not? Do you still feel that it is leftists ONLY that want to control what is taught?
I'm pleased the book is not being taught. I'm also pleased it's available in the schools' libraries for anyone who wishes to read it.

Any more stupid questions?

I'm betting Rethinking Columbus doesn't paint a rosy picture of America.

How did I miss this comment?

Dave just demonstrated the idea that if it aint a "Rosy Picture" of America it must be "Anti-America" and liberal.

Again, why are you appluading lying about the history of this nation?
Wonder if he thinks MLK shouldn't be mentioned in schools. Or Rosa Parks. Slavery! OMG someone might learn that we are not perfect people in America.

Bottom line is that Columbus's "discovery" of America was the death knell of the native population. How horrible that anyone might think that.
Yup, I was right. You can't stop being stupid.

HB 2281 prohibits all Arizona school districts and charter schools from including classes that either promote the overthrow of the United States government or promote resentment toward a race or class of people.

This is subversive! We have to stop this as soon as possible! We certainly want seventh graders learning how to overthrow the US government and resenting other races.

Come on, really? Shouldn't the public schools teach reading, writing and arithmetic and not teaching controversial social diatribes? What other purpose could there be other than to advance an agenda? There's plenty of time for these kids to learn to love or hate America and anyone who isn't exactly like them; it doesn't seem that the taxpayers should have to fund it. I see no reason that a plain vanilla curriculum is objectionable.

Advancing the truth agenda isnt an option huh? :doubt:
Promoting the overthrow of the United States government or promoting resentment toward a race or class of people is your "truth agenda"?

Not at all surprising, really.

SBmap.gif

The Hispanic Experience - Stolen Birthright

Tough shit.

I never mentioned the Plan of San Diego.

From Lakhota's link under the "Stolen Birthright" of Mexico:

Gee, do you think the author had a point of view?:cuckoo:

Every author has a point of view...Every story has a point of view. Again you are looking for a Unicorn, something that doesnt or wont ever exist so that you can keep crying foul.

If you can't see this as excessively biased, I don't know what else I can say. I'm out.
He can't see the bias because he agrees with it.

:eusa_liar:
Seems like you are bad at the seems like game. I'll ask again, Why are you applauding lying about Americas history? I mean, if the history of America leads you to believe that America sucks. Is it the teachers responsibility to reverse your conclusion you draw from the facts?

Lying about Columbus helps no one and worst...it's not true. Why promote that?
You're really not very good at this.

I don't think America sucks. I think America is the most amazing nation in history.

Some on the left think America sucks, and attempt to indoctrinate school children with that warped view. See any of Howard Zinn's leftist wet dream "histories".

I aupport teaching children the good with the bad. Some on the left want to teach only the bad. Omitting the good things is lying about American history.

Why do you support that?

Man you're the one that was looking for a "rosy picture" of American history, not me.
Of course you're not. You think advocating the overthrow of the government and promoting resentment toward a race or class of people is the "truth agenda".

the district banned books, suggested by a Mexico group, that try to paint America an an oppressor.
the teachers have been instructed not to teach any similar ideology.

i figure the ACLU will be there in about 5 minutes to make sure the anti-American propaganda is undisturbed.

Very thought out, detailed, and well sourced post!

:clap2:

Took forever for me to read it, go through all your sources, and understand the complicated ideas you were trying to express, but I think I got it.

Thanks!

The leftist version of "truth" bears little resemblance to reality. :lol:

You really need to stop living such a sheltered life. Here's a thought: Take up reading.
What makes you think I lead a sheltered life? Because I laugh at you for your asinine claim? :lol:

I read. A lot. You're just pissed that I don't read approved lefty groupthink. :lol:

Reading Coulter, Hannity, O'Reilly and Dr. Laura is hardly reading.

You really need to stop living such a sheltered life. Here's a thought: Take up reading.
What makes you think I lead a sheltered life? Because I laugh at you for your asinine claim? :lol:

I read. A lot. You're just pissed that I don't read approved lefty groupthink. :lol:

Reading Coulter, Hannity, O'Reilly and Dr. Laura is hardly reading.
Look, just because you're incapable of thinking for yourself and require someone to hand you your opinions doesn't mean everyone is as dim as you are.

Oh, but let me guess -- you consider yourself an intelligent, independent thinker, who just happens to coincidentally arrive at the same conclusions at the same time as all the other intelligent, independent thinkers. :lol:

On January 10, U.S. Circuit Court Judge A. Wallace Tashima ruled against a group of Tucson Unified School District (TUSD) teachers who sued to re-instate so-called Raza Studies (or Mexican-American Studies), claiming their 1st Amendment rights had been violated.

The teachers filed the suit after a state law (HB 2281) was passed banning any curriculum which promotes “resentment toward a race or class of people,” or “promotes the overthrow” of the government.

The measure effectively put an end to Raza Studies.

They were teaching political hate speech.
One of the textbooks which has been used in Raza Studies is entitled “Occupied America,” which was written by Rodolfo Acuña and includes a speech given by activist and university professor Jose Angel Gutierrez in which he says: “We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him,” (pg. 323).

The book also talks about the need for Mexico to re-take seven states in the Southwestern United States, often referred to as “Aztlan.”

The following rather shocking quotes are taken directly from Occupied America (pg. 167):

“Supporters would execute all white males over age 16,” (also known as the Plan of San Diego).

“The Southwest would become a Chicano nation.”

In May 2011, the woman who can easily be credited for exposing the hatred being taught in Tucson’s public schools, Laura Leighton, attended a TUSD school board meeting and read excerpts from several books being used to teach children as young as 9-years-old.

Leighton read:

-“Hard drugs and drug culture is an invention of the gringo because he has no culture.”

-“We have to destroy capitalism and we have to help 5/6 of the world to destroy capitalism in order to equal all peoples’ lives.”

“The Declaration of Independence states that we the people have the right to revolution…the right to overrule the government…”

“Any country based on capitalism is based on greed…”
Nothing wrong with that.

Right, USMB lefties?

There's a lot wrong with it. Starting with the fact that is unlinked bullshit.

I may be a dipshit, but you're a lying dipshit. :thup:

Not one of daveman's posts even comes close to supporting your dishonest characterization of his position. Fact, not opinion.
Sure they do. Not to mention that he thanked Cesspool for her post about a judge's actions regarding the book in question.
Yes, the judge ruled the book could not be used as a textbook.

I'd ask you to stop being stupid, but I don't think you're capable.
How is that in reality any different than banning a book?

On January 10, U.S. Circuit Court Judge A. Wallace Tashima ruled against a group of Tucson Unified School District (TUSD) teachers who sued to re-instate so-called Raza Studies (or Mexican-American Studies), claiming their 1st Amendment rights had been violated.

The teachers filed the suit after a state law (HB 2281) was passed banning any curriculum which promotes “resentment toward a race or class of people,” or “promotes the overthrow” of the government.

The measure effectively put an end to Raza Studies.

They were teaching political hate speech.
One of the textbooks which has been used in Raza Studies is entitled “Occupied America,” which was written by Rodolfo Acuña and includes a speech given by activist and university professor Jose Angel Gutierrez in which he says: “We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him,” (pg. 323).

The book also talks about the need for Mexico to re-take seven states in the Southwestern United States, often referred to as “Aztlan.”

The following rather shocking quotes are taken directly from Occupied America (pg. 167):

“Supporters would execute all white males over age 16,” (also known as the Plan of San Diego).

In May 2011, the woman who can easily be credited for exposing the hatred being taught in Tucson’s public schools, Laura Leighton, attended a TUSD school board meeting and read excerpts from several books being used to teach children as young as 9-years-old.

Leighton read:

-“Hard drugs and drug culture is an invention of the gringo because he has no culture.”

-“We have to destroy capitalism and we have to help 5/6 of the world to destroy capitalism in order to equal all peoples’ lives.”

“The Declaration of Independence states that we the people have the right to revolution…the right to overrule the government…”

“Any country based on capitalism is based on greed…”
Nothing wrong with that.

Right, USMB lefties?

There's one who's stepped up. Any others?

On edit: Dammit, coffee hasn't kicked in yet. You weren't disagreeing with it at all, were you?

Oh, well, consider the pos rep a freebie. It won't happen again.

On further edit:

Here's your link: http://www.examiner.com/immigration...za-studies-finally-over-tucson-public-schools

Last edited:

How is that in reality any different than banning a book?
When a book is banned, you can't go get it from the library, can you?

Nothing wrong with that.

Right, USMB lefties?

There's one who's stepped up. Any others?

On edit: Dammit, coffee hasn't kicked in yet. You weren't disagreeing with it at all, were you?

Oh, well, consider the pos rep a freebie. It won't happen again.

On further edit:

Here's your link: Is harmful era of Raza Studies finally over in Tucson public schools? - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com
Oh, I disagree with it all right. I just don't believe that anyone is teaching:

I've asked peaches several time to provide credible evidence of that and she has been unable to do so.

I may be a dipshit, but you're a lying dipshit. :thup:

Not one of daveman's posts even comes close to supporting your dishonest characterization of his position. Fact, not opinion.

Don't confuse dishonesty with stupidity.

Ravi isn't stupid, she's much worse.

Forum List

Back