Tuscon Arizona school district bans racial hatred books

Sure they do. Not to mention that he thanked Cesspool for her post about a judge's actions regarding the book in question.
Yes, the judge ruled the book could not be used as a textbook.

I'd ask you to stop being stupid, but I don't think you're capable.
How is that in reality any different than banning a book?

The same way that banning teacher led prayer in public school is different from banning prayer altogether.

But you already know that, you dishonest twat. :thup:

Last edited:
There's a lot wrong with it. Starting with the fact that is unlinked bullshit.
:clap2:

There's one who's stepped up. Any others?

On edit: Dammit, coffee hasn't kicked in yet. You weren't disagreeing with it at all, were you?

Oh, well, consider the pos rep a freebie. It won't happen again.

On further edit:

Here's your link: Is harmful era of Raza Studies finally over in Tucson public schools? - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com
Oh, I disagree with it all right. I just don't believe that anyone is teaching:

One of the textbooks which has been used in Raza Studies is entitled “Occupied America,” which was written by Rodolfo Acuña and includes a speech given by activist and university professor Jose Angel Gutierrez in which he says: “We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him,” (pg. 323).

The book also talks about the need for Mexico to re-take seven states in the Southwestern United States, often referred to as “Aztlan.”

The following rather shocking quotes are taken directly from Occupied America (pg. 167):

“Supporters would execute all white males over age 16,” (also known as the Plan of San Diego).

“The Southwest would become a Chicano nation.”
I've asked peaches several time to provide credible evidence of that and she has been unable to do so.
From the link:

One of the textbooks which has been used in Raza Studies is entitled “Occupied America,” which was written by Rodolfo Acuña and includes a speech given by activist and university professor Jose Angel Gutierrez in which he says: “We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him,” (pg. 323).

The book also talks about the need for Mexico to re-take seven states in the Southwestern United States, often referred to as “Aztlan.”

The following rather shocking quotes are taken directly from Occupied America (pg. 167):

“Supporters would execute all white males over age 16,” (also known as the Plan of San Diego).

“The Southwest would become a Chicano nation.”​
Your petulant foot-stamping is immaterial. The objectionable material is indeed in the textbook used.

On edit: Dammit, coffee hasn't kicked in yet. You weren't disagreeing with it at all, were you?

On further edit:

Here's your link: Is harmful era of Raza Studies finally over in Tucson public schools? - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com

I've asked peaches several time to provide credible evidence of that and she has been unable to do so.
From the link:

Your petulant foot-stamping is immaterial. The objectionable material is indeed in the textbook used.

One of my favorite books.

Banning books.

Assholes ban books.

So YOU think "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" should be allowed as classroom textbooks, do you? You seem to think school districts should have no ability to tell teachers what books they can and can't teach from, so how about that one? And exactly what authority ARE school districts allowed, if not setting curriculum and selecting textbooks?

On further edit:

From the link:

That's what I want a credible link to. There is no "search inside this book" function at Amazon so I can't see if the quotes are true or what context they are given in. Nor can you.

But I suppose it's always best to be hysterical. :thup:

From the link:

One of my favorite books.
Not at all surprising, really, and certainly nothing to brag about.

From the link:

That's what I want a credible link to. There is no "search inside this book" function at Amazon so I can't see if the quotes are true or what context they are given in. Nor can you.

But I suppose it's always best to be hysterical. :thup:
That does seem to be your go-to response. "ZOMG!! I can't believe ANYBODY is teaching the material in a textbook, so you HAVE to be LYING!!"

There's a lot wrong with it. Starting with the fact that is unlinked bullshit.

On further edit:

I have proved it. It's you Ravi who will not accept that they were teaching hate speech.
It was proven in the court and in the letter written by the school superintendent that they were promoting resentment toward a race or class of people.
It's you who won't accept it.

On further edit:

I have proved it. It's you Ravi who will not accept that they were teaching hate speech.
It was proven in the court and in the letter written by the school superintendent that they were promoting resentment toward a race or class of people.
You have proved nothing. You've found a few quotes from somewhere and used them out of context in a hysterical manner.

You have proved nothing. You've found a few quotes from somewhere and used them out of context in a hysterical manner.
Her citation is credible. If you believe it's not, prove it. The article even lists page numbers. Should be easy, right?

Or you could just continue the sissy bedwetter routine and insist it's not true because you don't like somebody pointing it out.

Banning books.

Assholes ban books.

So YOU think "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" should be allowed as classroom textbooks, do you? You seem to think school districts should have no ability to tell teachers what books they can and can't teach from, so how about that one? And exactly what authority ARE school districts allowed, if not setting curriculum and selecting textbooks?

No. I believe that the only thing worse than reading or hearing ideas one finds hateful, despicable, disgusting, or otherwise distasteful, the only thing more disturbing than being exposed to ideas one doesn't agree with, be they racial, religious, or political, is banning the same. Banning does not put an end to it, it merely sends it underground, into the shadows. Better to shine a light on such idiocy rather let it hide and fester and grow...

Last edited:
Banning books.

Assholes ban books.

No. I believe that the only thing worse than reading or hearing ideas one finds hateful, despicable, disgusting, or otherwise distasteful, the only thing more disturbing than being exposed to ideas one doesn't agree with, be they racial, religious, or political, is banning the same. Banning does not put an end to it, it merely sends it underground, into the shadows. Better to shine a light on such idiocy rather let it hide and fester and grow...

Riiiiight. Refusing to use something as a classroom textbook is "driving it underground". We should allow EVERYTHING to be taught in classrooms, to "shine a light on it".

Brilliant. Glad you're not on MY local school board. Might as well just let the kids roam the streets like mangy wolf packs.

Riiiiight. Refusing to use something as a classroom textbook is "driving it underground". We should allow EVERYTHING to be taught in classrooms, to "shine a light on it".

Brilliant. Glad you're not on MY local school board. Might as well just let the kids roam the streets like mangy wolf packs.

Kindly provideme a link to exactly where I indicated anything of this nature should be used as a textbook...

I'll wait...

Her citation is credible. If you believe it's not, prove it. The article even lists page numbers. Should be easy, right?

Or you could just continue the sissy bedwetter routine and insist it's not true because you don't like somebody pointing it out.
I suppose I could buy the book but then again, so could she. She's the one that made the assertion.

I did find this, which posts the quote in context. It's a book about Chicano/Black Civil rights struggles. The person that said it said it in 1969 and it pretty well doomed the fledgling political party he started in Texas to run against the Republicans and Democrats. This is also a HISTORY book that reports on what happened without condoning the events and words of the time.

Sad that you think wanting to know the truth is "sissy" but not surprising.

Fighting their own battles: Mexican Americans, African Americans, and the ... - Brian D. Behnken - Google Books

Well I don't think that court testimony right from the court room and actual video from hearings at the school board and a letter from the school superintend is out of context nor hysterical.
They concluded that occupied america and other books were being promoted as hate speech so they voted by a 4 to 1 to cancel the program.
If you want to read the book go rent it from your library.
The book itself was not what the charges were about.
The Court and the school board are the ones who came to a conclusion that the classes were promoting resentment toward a race or class of people.

Kindly provideme a link to exactly where I indicated anything of this nature should be used as a textbook...

I'll wait...

What do you think the thread is ABOUT, you dumb shit? Did you even bother to read the OP, or any of the news stories about the topic, before you came in here shooting your damned fool mouth off?

The "banning" we're talking about, Brain Trust, is the school board blocking teachers from teaching these books IN CLASS.

Next time, remove head from sphincter BEFORE engaging mouth.

This issue has been talked about and debated for many years.
LaRaza is a far left hate speech group and are trying to promote their far left ideology on our children through our schools
I happen to believe the teachers and the courts that they were teaching hate speech against whites.

John Ward who was a former Hispanic History teacher says himself that the classes were being used as hate speech.
I believe him as well as other teachers.
Tucson Teacher Exposes "Raza" Studies In TUSD | Theodore Media Blog Archives

Forum List

Back