Tuscon Arizona school district bans racial hatred books

You are a liar. The book isn't banned.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:
I didn't say it was. Read daveman's posts, dipshit.

I may be a dipshit, but you're a lying dipshit. :thup:

Not one of daveman's posts even comes close to supporting your dishonest characterization of his position. Fact, not opinion.
Sure they do. Not to mention that he thanked Cesspool for her post about a judge's actions regarding the book in question.

I didn't say it was. Read daveman's posts, dipshit.

Not one of daveman's posts even comes close to supporting your dishonest characterization of his position. Fact, not opinion.
Sure they do. Not to mention that he thanked Cesspool for her post about a judge's actions regarding the book in question.

No, they don't. I went back and re-read all of them.

You've been caught peddling yet another bald faced lie, because you're a bald faced lying ****.

And now I'm not the only one who knows. :thup:

Which is really funny for a class being taught in Arizona, since Arizona played no part in the Mexican-American War, and was PURCHASED from Mexico after the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo.

Incorrect. Most of Arizona WAS handed over due to the treaty. Only a strip of southern Arizona and New Mexico was part of the later Gadsen Purchase.

Yes, good Gaea! It's terrible that kids can't be exposed to the idea that America sucks! That's the only true enlightened opinion!
What book is being offered that says America sucks?
I'm betting Rethinking Columbus doesn't paint a rosy picture of America.

How did I miss this comment?

Dave just demonstrated the idea that if it aint a "Rosy Picture" of America it must be "Anti-America" and liberal.

Again, why are you appluading lying about the history of this nation?

No, they don't. I went back and re-read all of them.

You've been caught peddling yet another bald faced lie, because you're a bald faced lying ****.

And now I'm not the only one who knows. :thup:
:rolleyes:

So, dman, are you applauding that Rethinking Columbus isn't in the school cirriculum or not? Do you still feel that it is leftists ONLY that want to control what is taught?

What book is being offered that says America sucks?
I'm betting Rethinking Columbus doesn't paint a rosy picture of America.

How did I miss this comment?

Dave just demonstrated the idea that if it aint a "Rosy Picture" of America it must be "Anti-America" and liberal.

Again, why are you appluading lying about the history of this nation?
Wonder if he thinks MLK shouldn't be mentioned in schools. Or Rosa Parks. Slavery! OMG someone might learn that we are not perfect people in America.

Bottom line is that Columbus's "discovery" of America was the death knell of the native population. How horrible that anyone might think that.

If you want to fill me in go ahead...

My question is why is telling the truth about columbus considered "anti-american"? Let's not even talk about the book. Let's talk about Columbus in general, why is telling the unvarnished truth good or bad always considered "anti-american" or "tearing down" Columbus?

If it's the truth...Whats the problem?

Oh I see, your intent wasnt to educate people on what its about, your goal was to pretend to be smarter than everyone else via snark.

You're connected to the Internet. Try going and getting informed about a subject BEFORE coming in here and running your gums about it, rather than shooting your mouth off, and then expecting me to provide you with a primer.

You claimed to know...I was just asking what you knew. Funny how people often claim that others are ignorant on a subject most times outright refuse to reveal their super secret knowledge.
You remind me of Tom and Jerry when Jerry peeked into his fist pretending to see something really secret that Tom wasnt allowed to see. When Tom was allowed to look Jerry punched him in the eye. You have an empty fist pretending to know all about it. Then type up post after post about how you dont have the time to post.

HB 2281 prohibits all Arizona school districts and charter schools from including classes that either promote the overthrow of the United States government or promote resentment toward a race or class of people.

This is subversive! We have to stop this as soon as possible! We certainly want seventh graders learning how to overthrow the US government and resenting other races.

Come on, really? Shouldn't the public schools teach reading, writing and arithmetic and not teaching controversial social diatribes? What other purpose could there be other than to advance an agenda? There's plenty of time for these kids to learn to love or hate America and anyone who isn't exactly like them; it doesn't seem that the taxpayers should have to fund it. I see no reason that a plain vanilla curriculum is objectionable.

HB 2281 prohibits all Arizona school districts and charter schools from including classes that either promote the overthrow of the United States government or promote resentment toward a race or class of people.

This is subversive! We have to stop this as soon as possible! We certainly want seventh graders learning how to overthrow the US government and resenting other races.

Come on, really? Shouldn't the public schools teach reading, writing and arithmetic and not teaching controversial social diatribes? What other purpose could there be other than to advance an agenda? There's plenty of time for these kids to learn to love or hate America and anyone who isn't exactly like them; it doesn't seem that the taxpayers should have to fund it. I see no reason that a plain vanilla curriculum is objectionable.

Advancing the truth agenda isnt an option huh? :doubt:

the district banned books, suggested by a Mexico group, that try to paint America an an oppressor.
the teachers have been instructed not to teach any similar ideology.

i figure the ACLU will be there in about 5 minutes to make sure the anti-American propaganda is undisturbed.

As I mentioned to Biggers when we spoke, the last time a book of mine was outlawed was during the state of emergency in apartheid South Africa in 1986, when the regime there banned the curriculum I’d written, Strangers in Their Own Country, likely because it included excerpts from a speech by then-imprisoned Nelson Mandela. Confronting massive opposition at home and abroad, the white minority government feared for its life in 1986. It’s worth asking what the school authorities in Arizona fear today.

Rethinking Columbus Banned in Tucson « Rethinking Schools Blog

The South banned Uncle Tom's Cabin too.

These are public schools; they exist to teach kids to read and write so they can become productive citizens, and are supported by tax dollars from many different races and ideologies. I don't advocate lying to them, but I see no reason that we should teach division. We are all Americans, not Mexican Americans, European Americans, African Americans, or Asian Americans (sorry if I left any out; I know there are at least 100 more). The more we advocate for dividing people into groups and sub-groups, the more difficult it is to live together as one nation. Everyone then is a protected class, a downtrodden class, a discriminated against class. Teach them the basics that they need to know to discover their own ideologies. We need to teach them how to think, not what to think.

These are public schools; they exist to teach kids to read and write so they can become productive citizens, and are supported by tax dollars from many different races and ideologies. I don't advocate lying to them, but I see no reason that we should teach division. We are all Americans, not Mexican Americans, European Americans, African Americans, or Asian Americans (sorry if I left any out; I know there are at least 100 more). The more we advocate for dividing people into groups and sub-groups, the more difficult it is to live together as one nation. Everyone then is a protected class, a downtrodden class, a discriminated against class. Teach them the basics that they need to know to discover their own ideologies. We need to teach them how to think, not what to think.

Part of school is learning about our history. If that history leads some to believe America is terrible, is it the schools responsibility to reverse that by lying?

History is full of good and bad stories...It seems you believe telling the truth will promote division. So what is your solution to truth that may be divisive? Answer: dont tell the truth...or at least polish it up to present America as great, all the time.

Part of school is learning about our history. If that history leads some to believe America is terrible, is it the schools responsibility to reverse that by lying?

History is full of good and bad stories...It seems you believe telling the truth will promote division. So what is your solution to truth that may be divisive? Answer: dont tell the truth...or at least polish it up to present America as great, all the time.

Yep.

What is wrong with all of you?

They were teaching kids to kill and take over the Southwest and make it a Mexican nation again.

The following rather shocking quotes are taken directly from Occupied America (pg. 167):

“Supporters would execute all white males over age 16,” (also known as the Plan of San Diego).

“The Southwest would become a Chicano nation.”

They were teaching kids to kill and take over the Southwest and make it a Mexican nation again.

The following rather shocking quotes are taken directly from Occupied America (pg. 167):

“Supporters would execute all white males over age 16,” (also known as the Plan of San Diego).

Some posters call that "teaching the truth". More than once in this thread alone.

Link?

The plan of San Diego...from 1910? Are you suggesting that schools that talk about the plan of San Diego wants to kill white males?

Link?

read post 28

Link?

read post 28

I don't mean some hyped up bullshit on youtube. A valid, factual link.

No way were teachers teaching anyone to kill anyone, take over anything, and the "quote" you posted is more than likely bullshit as well.

Forum List

Back