Turkey shoots down Russian warplane

What's Obama got to do with Turkey and Russia? His reaction to Russia's reaction is his, but we aren't talking about that?

Can you partisan hacks take things seriously for once instead jumping right to nonsense?
It is not our affair.
Turkey while a NATO member, is not really an ally of the US. Turkey has been becoming increasingly Muslim aligned. This is not in the best interest of the US..

Bingo! Erdogan is becoming a major problem. Turkey's been buying ISIS oil for heaven's sake. Bombing Kurds. Helping ISIS smuggle antiquities out of Syria.

Why the hell is this being allowed?

What's Obama got to do with Turkey and Russia? His reaction to Russia's reaction is his, but we aren't talking about that?

Can you partisan hacks take things seriously for once instead jumping right to nonsense?
It is not our affair.
Turkey while a NATO member, is not really an ally of the US. Turkey has been becoming increasingly Muslim aligned. This is not in the best interest of the US..

Bingo! Erdogan is becoming a major problem. Turkey's been buying ISIS oil for heaven's sake. Bombing Kurds. Helping ISIS smuggle antiquities out of Syria.

Why the hell is this being allowed?

Obama's been kissing Turkey's ass that's why. Its not his fault he's an incompetent moron, I blame those who voted for the clown.

Sucks Turkey shoots down the only country doing anything over a 2 mile wide strip of air. Then the damned rebels murder one of the pilots as he chutes down, others fire a TOW missile at the rescue helo.

If I were Putin, I'd order his aircraft in the area to fire on anything that targets them. Can't just pick Turkish air assets and blow them away, but if they paint you with targetting radar could claim self-defense "in light of recent events."

Fuck Turkey, dumbest ally ever.

In case the low information left isn't aware, Turkey is still technically a member of NATO and as such it's the first time an American Ally has shot down a Russian war plane since the 1950's. I bet the mainstream media is busy worrying about Trump's latest statement.

Well you could actually listen or read the non-stop coverage of the 'mainstream' media on the downing of the airplane- rather than remain in ignorance.

Wow......an amazing display of support for freedom and democracy loving Russia here.

Meanwhile anyone notice that American second tier fighters, piloted by Turks, had no trouble downing a Russian fighter- flown by Russians?

Just watched most of the video with the King of Jordan and Putin.............Putin looks very pissed off.................

And now I'm catching up to find that the FSA have shot down a rescue chopper trying to save their pilot..........shot the pilot and praised it as he was parachuting to the ground...........

The act by Turkey and the FSA are PROVOKING a counter move by Russia...........If Turkey goes into Syria with it's planes, Putin may very well take some of them out in retaliation..............Which could increase the situation.............Not good. Not good at all. I HOPE Putin's anger doesn't come to blows..........

I said on a thread a good while back that we should Re-think our position with Turkey and even suggested Closing our base there. The reason I gave is that Erogden is a Radical leader who dreams of a Caliphate of his own..............He has stated Openly that he wants to unite Muslims and take Jerusalem, and destroy Israel...........While he doesn't have that kind of support in his country to do so...........he is moving in that direction............

Topping it off..............we have cut deals with him to further our air strike ability out of Turkey........and have openly IGNORED several incursions into Syria were they have attacked and killed the Kurds...........who are again OUR ALLIES in the fight against ISIS.........

I have also stated that the FSA has allied themselves with AL Nusra..............and AQ.............and that they have been killing Christians in Syria............

How the hell can we ally ourselves with this BS.....................We are on the WRONG SIDE OF THIS PEOPLE.

Turkey has warned Russia in the past not to violate it's airspace................They weren't kidding...............

This was a message to Russia to don't fuck with us.......................this danged thing could get out of hand if the players don't watch it..............If Russia retaliates it could lead to a shit storm.

I don't believe that Putin will respond other than verbally condemning Turkey for the attack.........countries like Turkey are pissed that their goal of taking out Assad has been reversed.

What everybody is missing is that the MIG was flying over territory that Turkey had taken from Syria and the Syrian government does not consider it to be part of Turkey.
Doesn't matter................They shouldn't have shot the Russian plane down............................it can lead to something nobody wants over there.

Wow......an amazing display of support for freedom and democracy loving Russia here.

Meanwhile anyone notice that American second tier fighters, piloted by Turks, had no trouble downing a Russian fighter- flown by Russians?
Their pilots were on strike missions against ISIS..............Even if they went into Turkish air space momentarily they shouldn't have shot them down as it could end up provoking a larger war..............It's freaking stupid.

Their pilots were on strike missions against ISIS..............Even if they went into Turkish air space momentarily they shouldn't have shot them down as it could end up provoking a larger war..............It's freaking stupid.

Assuming for a moment that Turkey is accurately reporting what happened- Turkey warned the Russian pilots for 5 minutes that they were in Turkish airspace- again assuming that Turkey is being honest

But frankly I don't trust either Turkey or Russia to be honest in this matter.

By the way- looking at the map- the area the Russian plane was shot down in is not controlled by ISIS- so who were the Russians attacking there?

http://www.understandingwar.org/sites/default/files/Iraq SITREP 2015-11-19.pdf

Turkey has warned Russia in the past not to violate it's airspace................They weren't kidding...............

This was a message to Russia to don't fuck with us.......................this danged thing could get out of hand if the players don't watch it..............If Russia retaliates it could lead to a shit storm.

I don't believe that Putin will respond other than verbally condemning Turkey for the attack.........countries like Turkey are pissed that their goal of taking out Assad has been reversed.

What everybody is missing is that the MIG was flying over territory that Turkey had taken from Syria and the Syrian government does not consider it to be part of Turkey.
Doesn't matter................They shouldn't have shot the Russian plane down............................it can lead to something nobody wants over there.

I agree.
There are rules of engagement ...Turkey could have scramble planes etc....no shoot it down.
But then Ergodan is a criminal.

I wonder if Turkey had clearance from NATO to do this..... because to shoot down a Russian jet is not chopped liver.

This is not a good situation, this is how World Wars start.

Assuming for a moment that Turkey is accurately reporting what happened- Turkey warned the Russian pilots for 5 minutes that they were in Turkish airspace- again assuming that Turkey is being honest

By the way- looking at the map- the area the Russian plane was shot down in is not controlled by ISIS- so who were the Russians attacking there?

I don't know the whole truth or the reality of exactly where the jet got shot down....................but unless they were hell bent on flying into Turkey to provoke it............the Turks shouldn't have shot the plane down.........................................

Are they trying to start a war with Russia.............That is freaking stupid............shooting the plane down was stupid..

It is not our affair.

I know its not in our best interest but you think it's easy to bust up NATO without negative consequences?

We could have avoided NATO obligations if Turkey was the aggressor in Syrian airspace. And some accounts indicate that might be the case, but the pentagon has already declared turkeys version the correct one so we are backed in a corner there.

This has already been bungled big time

I don't know the whole truth or the reality of exactly where the jet got shot down....................but unless they were hell bent on flying into Turkey to provoke it............the Turks shouldn't have shot the plane down.........................................

Are they trying to start a war with Russia.............That is freaking stupid............shooting the plane down was stupid..

I'm starting to think someone intends to start a war

Forum List

Back