Turkey shoots down Russian warplane

Wow......an amazing display of support for freedom and democracy loving Russia here.

Meanwhile anyone notice that American second tier fighters, piloted by Turks, had no trouble downing a Russian fighter- flown by Russians?
Their pilots were on strike missions against ISIS..............Even if they went into Turkish air space momentarily they shouldn't have shot them down as it could end up provoking a larger war..............It's freaking stupid.

Assuming for a moment that Turkey is accurately reporting what happened- Turkey warned the Russian pilots for 5 minutes that they were in Turkish airspace- again assuming that Turkey is being honest

But frankly I don't trust either Turkey or Russia to be honest in this matter.

By the way- looking at the map- the area the Russian plane was shot down in is not controlled by ISIS- so who were the Russians attacking there?

http://www.understandingwar.org/sites/default/files/Iraq SITREP 2015-11-19.pdf

They were in Turkish airspace for all of 17 seconds and the Turks say that they warned them 10 times. That's a warning every 1.7 seconds. Give me a break.

They were in Turkish airspace for all of 17 seconds and the Turks say that they warned them 10 times. That's a warning every 1.7 seconds. Give me a break.

I think they're referring to overall warning. Just this time they said enough is enough, we've warned you.

I think they're referring to overall warning. Just this time they said enough is enough, we've warned you.
10 times in 17 seconds, as they claimed is B$. The NATO Commander called Turkey out for what they did because HE knows their story is B$!

Turkey can go to hell. I hate their fundamentalist bs and I side with Russia. I will never support a war against Russia to defend this shit hole.

Lets see how turkey feels when Russia starts bombing their sorry asses.

Wow......an amazing display of support for freedom and democracy loving Russia here.

Meanwhile anyone notice that American second tier fighters, piloted by Turks, had no trouble downing a Russian fighter- flown by Russians?
Their pilots were on strike missions against ISIS..............Even if they went into Turkish air space momentarily they shouldn't have shot them down as it could end up provoking a larger war..............It's freaking stupid.

Assuming for a moment that Turkey is accurately reporting what happened- Turkey warned the Russian pilots for 5 minutes that they were in Turkish airspace- again assuming that Turkey is being honest

But frankly I don't trust either Turkey or Russia to be honest in this matter.

By the way- looking at the map- the area the Russian plane was shot down in is not controlled by ISIS- so who were the Russians attacking there?

http://www.understandingwar.org/sites/default/files/Iraq SITREP 2015-11-19.pdf

I've had farts that lasted longer than 17 seconds.........:laugh:.

Turkey can go to hell. I hate their fundamentalist bs and I side with Russia. I will never support a war against Russia to defend this shit hole.

THE RUSSKIES ARE BRINGING SAM S-400 MISSILES TO SYRIA. RANGE 150 miles

I SERIOUSLY SUSPECT THAT TURKEY 'S F-16 WILL FLIGHT INTO SYRIAN AIRSPACE AND THE REST IS HISTORY

300px-%D0%A1-400_%C2%AB%D0%A2%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%83%D0%BC%D1%84%C2%BB.JPG

THE RUSSKIES ARE BRINGING SAM S-400 MISSILES TO SYRIA. RANGE 150 miles

I SERIOUSLY SUSPECT THAT TURKEY 'S F-16 WILL FLIGHT INTO SYRIAN AIRSPACE AND THE REST IS HISTORY

300px-%D0%A1-400_%C2%AB%D0%A2%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%83%D0%BC%D1%84%C2%BB.JPG

The S-400 can simultaneously engage up to 36 targets. Works on ballistic missles, too.

Why was a television news crew on the spot and able to capture the downing of the airplane? That's one hell of a coincidence. And they made a copy of the video and made it available to Reuters right away.

YOWZAH. The Anadolu Agency is Turkey's state freaking run press.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute.

"Footage from private Turkish broadcaster Haberturk TV showed the warplane going down in flames, a long plume of smoke trailing behind it as it crashed in a wooded part of an area the TV said was known by Turks as "Turkmen Mountain".

Separate footage from Turkey's Anadolu Agency showed two pilots parachuting out of the jet before it crashed.

Turkey downs Russian warplane near Syria border, Putin warns of 'serious consequences'

Putin said he won't attack Turkey over the jet downing. Being the level-headed leader that he is, he's just gonna F^ck with them in the future and get Edrogan's panties in a twist.........:cool-45:.

Let's say Turks warned Russians for violating their airspace.
When did they send the warning? No reason to warn them before they enter, so they had to wait to send a warning after Russians cross the border.
They really had to had their timing down. Even if Russians ever entered, that plane at speed of 500 km/h was max 20 seconds in Turkey.

Lets say Turks send warning. I assume Turkish pilots are fast talkers, so their message is 5 seconds long and they waited few seconds, no reply, they fire. If Turks were 5 kilometers away from Russians, and sidewinders go at about 920 meters per second, they had a good 10 seconds to legally shoot it down in Turkey. That is some fucking German precision right there. Just pointing it out because it frustrates the leftards.

It's either that... or Turks crossed over into Syrian airspace to kill someone who had already left their country.

Imagine that you have border guards. Imagine that they see someone crossing the border. They want to shoot this person. But the person leaves, and they fucking follow the person into the other country to kill them.

That is what makes this an act of war. NATO does not apply - NATO does not protect a country that takes acts of aggression. And crossing into another country to kill someone just because they earlier were in yours, is an act of war.

USAF pulls F-15's from Incirlik, Turkey...

US Air Force Begins Withdrawing F-15 Fighter Jets From Turkey
Dec 16, 2015 | Twelve U.S. Air Force F-15 fighters sent to Incirlik airbase only last month to guard Turkish airspace and hit ISIS targets in Syria were suddenly flown back Wednesday to their home base in Britain, U.S. European Command announced.
Pentagon officials were quick to dismiss suggestions that the removal of the F-15s was related to ongoing tensions between Moscow and Ankara, or the U.S. effort to enlist Russia's support for a political settlement in Syria. "I wouldn't read that into it, no," said Capt. Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman. The F-15s were "expeditionary" and "this was never intended to be an open-ended, in perpetuity deployment," Davis said. The redeployment of the fighters came amid a flurry of diplomatic and military-to-military activity in the region and with Russia on the campaign against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. A day before the planes left, Secretary of State John Kerry was in Moscow for talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin ahead of United Nations Security Council meetings in New York Friday on Syria and U.S. efforts to ease out President Bashar al-Assad.

]
f15-soars-600x400.jpg

The fighters -- six F-15C air-to-air combat jets and six F-15E Strike Eagles -- began leaving a day after Defense Secretary Ashton Carter was at Incirlik on a USO holiday tour and met with Turkish officials on the side. Carter did not meet with his counterpart, Defense Minister Ismet Yilmaz, Davis said. The removal of the F-15s had been worked out with Turkish officials earlier and their departure shortly after Carter's visit was a "coincidence," Davis said. Pentagon officials also confirmed that the jets departed a day after Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Joseph Dunford conferred by phone with his Russian counterpart, chief of staff Valery Gerasimov, on the air campaigns being conducted by the U.S. and Russia in Syria.

It was the second time in two weeks that Dunford had spoken with Gerasimov, the officials said. Dunford and Gerasimov "exchanged views on the situation in Syria and the practical aspects of cooperation between the Russian Aerospace forces and the coalition, led by the United States, in the fight against" ISIS, the Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement. At the Pentagon, Davis said the vast majority of Russian airstrikes were still focusing on rebel groups opposed to Assad rather than on ISIS. He said the Dunford-Gerasimov talks were unrelated to the shootdown of a Russian warplane by a Turkish F-16 last month. "We've said from the beginning that what happened with the shootdown was a matter between Turkey and Russia," Davis said. The F-15s that flew out of Incirlik Wednesday had replaced six F-16s from the 31st Fighter Wing at the Aviano Air Base in Italy, which arrived at Incirlik on Aug. 9 following Turkey's agreement to allow the U.S. to conduct strikes against ISIS from Incirlik, about 70 miles from the Syrian border.

MOREp

Forum List

Back