Democrat Politics: Full-on Emotion

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
As a psychologist who is fascinated with the human mind and how it works, I find politics have an interesting tie in. Specifically, the politics of the liberal left who now dominate the democrat party. The universal theme driving their politics is emotionalism. Plain and simple. We've all heard the term "bleeding heart liberal" and this is synonymous with the politics of emotionalism.

It's interesting, the term "bleeding heart" actually comes from the Bible, which most "bleeding heart liberals" have no familiarity with whatsoever, as they are secularist, agnostic or atheistic.

Romans 9:16 - Compassion doesn't originate in our bleeding hearts or moral sweat, but in God's mercy.

And perhaps this is the difference between a "bleeding heart liberal" and a religious right-winger? The liberal feels a moral responsibility to be the stewards of compassion while the religious rightie leaves it in God's hands. I'm a Spiritualist, so I remains somewhat in the middle on this. I feel that we all have some responsibility for our fellow man but at the same time, I also feel that the natural order of the universe sorts things out in the end.

There is a danger in allowing government authority to implement compassion through emotionalism. It's really not any different than a Christian sending $100 to the PTL Club in hopes that it will change lives and make a difference in the world. It may help to ease our conscience but it really doesn't amount to much actual change. However, ceding this authority to the government can really backfire and have dismal consequences. Not only does it not make much difference, it sacrifices personal freedom and liberty for the sake of feeling good.

It's almost always more wise to think with your head and not your heart. Thinking with your heart and allowing emotions to control your actions leads to careening your car into a ditch to avoid hitting a helpless rabbit in the road. Sure, you saved the rabbit but at what cost? Sometimes it is better to avoid your emotional reaction for a hot minute and think pragmatically about the overall situation. Liberals don't understand this because their entire moral foundation is based on self gratification instead of a higher power.

It makes them feel good to know that their politicians are going to feed the hungry, give shelter to the homeless, care for the sick... pay off all the student loans and dole out free cell phones. They can lay their empty little heads on their pillow at night and sleep well knowing they did their part to support those who care and oppose those who don't care. It doesn't matter that the actual conditions aren't changed or that they gave away more freedom and liberty, the intention is all that is important.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts. And the bleeding hearts respond because it makes them feel good about themselves. Most liberals are convinced those on the right want to starve school children because they want to reform the school lunch program to eliminate waste and abuse. The right wants people to die of illness in the streets because they don't support socialized health care. They don't care about the needy and poor because they want to balance the federal budget. They want to push Granny off the cliff because they want to make Social Security solvent for the future. Across the board, pragmatism is met with emotionalism.

As a psychologist who is fascinated with the human mind and how it works, I find politics have an interesting tie in. Specifically, the politics of the liberal left who now dominate the democrat party. The universal theme driving their politics is emotionalism. Plain and simple. We've all heard the term "bleeding heart liberal" and this is synonymous with the politics of emotionalism.

It's interesting, the term "bleeding heart" actually comes from the Bible, which most "bleeding heart liberals" have no familiarity with whatsoever, as they are secularist, agnostic or atheistic.

Romans 9:16 - Compassion doesn't originate in our bleeding hearts or moral sweat, but in God's mercy.

And perhaps this is the difference between a "bleeding heart liberal" and a religious right-winger? The liberal feels a moral responsibility to be the stewards of compassion while the religious rightie leaves it in God's hands. I'm a Spiritualist, so I remains somewhat in the middle on this. I feel that we all have some responsibility for our fellow man but at the same time, I also feel that the natural order of the universe sorts things out in the end.

There is a danger in allowing government authority to implement compassion through emotionalism. It's really not any different than a Christian sending $100 to the PTL Club in hopes that it will change lives and make a difference in the world. It may help to ease our conscience but it really doesn't amount to much actual change. However, ceding this authority to the government can really backfire and have dismal consequences. Not only does it not make much difference, it sacrifices personal freedom and liberty for the sake of feeling good.

It's almost always more wise to think with your head and not your heart. Thinking with your heart and allowing emotions to control your actions leads to careening your car into a ditch to avoid hitting a helpless rabbit in the road. Sure, you saved the rabbit but at what cost? Sometimes it is better to avoid your emotional reaction for a hot minute and think pragmatically about the overall situation. Liberals don't understand this because their entire moral foundation is based on self gratification instead of a higher power.

It makes them feel good to know that their politicians are going to feed the hungry, give shelter to the homeless, care for the sick... pay off all the student loans and dole out free cell phones. They can lay their empty little heads on their pillow at night and sleep well knowing they did their part to support those who care and oppose those who don't care. It doesn't matter that the actual conditions aren't changed or that they gave away more freedom and liberty, the intention is all that is important.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts. And the bleeding hearts respond because it makes them feel good about themselves. Most liberals are convinced those on the right want to starve school children because they want to reform the school lunch program to eliminate waste and abuse. The right wants people to die of illness in the streets because they don't support socialized health care. They don't care about the needy and poor because they want to balance the federal budget. They want to push Granny off the cliff because they want to make Social Security solvent for the future. Across the board, pragmatism is met with emotionalism.

Well done! You really know your liberals! You should write a book.

It's a good thing "conservatives" don't ever vote with emotion. The politicians they support would never try to frighten them into forfeiting their freedom, discriminating against others or shit-canning American values. Never!

Boss I know what you are saying, but although a lot of people vote left out of a Oprah style compassion, many just think the actual policies make sense.

The left certainly sells itself emotionally, but so does the right. The right employs fear.

In reality both have policies which are based on a particular sense. That is, a pragmatic future. We all just have a different idea of what a harmonious future is.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts. And the bleeding hearts respond because it makes them feel good about themselves. Most liberals are convinced those on the right want to starve school children because they want to reform the school lunch program to eliminate waste and abuse.

except that's never what you guys are actually proposing. You guys don't propose getting rid of the waste and abuse. You advocate turning the program over to the states, where there will probably be MORE Waste and Abuse and less oversight by the Feds.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts. And the bleeding hearts respond because it makes them feel good about themselves. Most liberals are convinced those on the right want to starve school children because they want to reform the school lunch program to eliminate waste and abuse.

except that's never what you guys are actually proposing. You guys don't propose getting rid of the waste and abuse. You advocate turning the program over to the states, where there will probably be MORE Waste and Abuse and less oversight by the Feds.

This isn't a policy debate. This is about what makes us tick. You are well armed and ready to defend your menagerie of policy constructed upon emotional foundation which you mistakenly identify as moral compassion. There is not a damn thing in this world I can ever say to change your mind or convert you from your mindset. I can engage in yet another 10k reply thread to debate your various policies but at the end of the day, my time is wasted on you. So why should I bother? What's the point?

This past weekend, a college age daughter of a friend posted something on her Facebook page. She's a flaming liberal like you. She posted a list of distorted versions of right-wing 'demands' and concluded with.. "Or, we could just get rid of closed-minded bigots!" I thought this was interesting because it exposes what the real problem is. Liberals simply believe their view is the only rational or legitimate view and anyone who doesn't agree is a closed-minded bigot. It's ironic since that is exactly what the dictionary defines as a closed-minded bigot.

The error in thinking for liberals as well as establishment republicans and indeed, even some so-called conservatives is, that if we don't engage with you on your grounds and debate you on the emotive issues you create, that we cannot win. But we don't need to engage you on conditions we didn't create and by rules we can't control. We can defeat you by letting your emotionalism do the work. We need to engage those who think with their minds and not their hearts and leave you people to the wolves. Your emotionalism will be your undoing in the end and we don't need to say a word.

The error in thinking for liberals as well as establishment republicans and indeed, even some so-called conservatives is, that if we don't engage with you on your grounds and debate you on the emotive issues you create, that we cannot win. But we don't need to engage you on conditions we didn't create and by rules we can't control. We can defeat you by letting your emotionalism do the work. We need to engage those who think with their minds and not their hearts and leave you people to the wolves. Your emotionalism will be your undoing in the end and we don't need to say a word.

Guy, you right wingers don't have minds. YOu listen to whatever shit you hear on Hate Radio and think it's an original idea.

Practical matter, if the poor aren't fed, they WILL bring your society down. History proves this.

You people are not only incapable of compassion, you seem to lack any sense of self-preservation.

Boss I know what you are saying, but although a lot of people vote left out of a Oprah style compassion, many just think the actual policies make sense.

The left certainly sells itself emotionally, but so does the right. The right employs fear.

In reality both have policies which are based on a particular sense. That is, a pragmatic future. We all just have a different idea of what a harmonious future is.

Oh, the policies make all kinds of sense if you're driven by emotion. Everybody has Oprah style compassion, why do you think she got to be the richest woman in America? She exploited the fact that people can relate to her compassion. She capitalizes on her celebrity by "speaking out" or making a political statement and she is showered with more money. Some of it she will use to show off her compassion and the people adore her for this. The question is, what makes Oprah's compassion more important than mine or Sarah Palin's? That's where the emotionalism comes in.

You say that the right employs fear but personally, I love it when someone employs fear on me because it gives me the opportunity to show how fearless I can be. It's the emotionally weak who cower to fear. Liberals fear that sick people may die if they don't stand for nationalized health care... that's a fear being played on because they are emotionally weak. Liberal seculars fear Christians in political power will turn us into a religious theocracy... fear being driven by emotion.... emotional weakness. The inability to objectively see that Christianity is a constitutionally protected right that cannot be infringed and these people couldn't create a theocracy if they wanted to because the Constitution doesn't allow it.

It's the emotionalism of the left that drives their entire agenda. That's why there are so many conflicts and contradictions. How are you "helping" someone by shackling them to a life of welfare dependency? How are you motivating people by giving them what they need to remain complacent? How are future generations supposed to prosper when this generation has spent them into bankruptcy? Being emotionally weak will ultimately destroy this country, if it hasn't already.

Sorry clown, no one is interested in your failed thread that didn't even get a dozen replies. It's old news and totally unrelated to the thread OP. It's clearly an attempt to harass and troll, which is your normal mode of operation around here.

Sorry clown, no one is interested in your failed thread that didn't even get a dozen replies. It's old news and totally unrelated to the thread OP. It's clearly an attempt to harass and troll, which is your normal mode of operation around here.

This is a troll thread.

I've simply put your emotionalism on display. You have failed to respond in an adult manner. It seems as though you have abaondoned your own troll thread.

Come back, princess. Let us discuss your emotional state.

Liberals frequently advocate that emotionalism trumps the US Constitution and our laws, and our liberal president is one of the most frequent offenders.

I wonder how the Doc analyzes his obsession with Democrats ?

Well Doc?

Forum List

Back