Tulsi Gabbard For President

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
I'm sure most of you have heard the news by now that Tulsi Gabbard has left the Democratic Party. She seemed to do it in a fashion that makes you wonder what her thought process is. Is she planning an Independent run for the White House in 2024? If so, which side would she draw the most votes from, Democrats or Republicans? Or, will she make a deal to be Trump's VP choice if he wins the nomination? Or, would she run in the Republican primary herself? Or, would she let herself be courted by the Libertarian Party? What's up with her?

The Libertarian party will never win the White House, sad to say.

I could consider her for President, but I would need to research her positions on those issues which are important to me.

I hope she doesn't run on a Trump ticket, simply because, despite having voted for him twice, there are others I would rather see in the White House. Let her run on one of those tickets...

If she is no longer an elected official, or filed campaign papers declaring primary preference, then she is not a member of the Democrat Party, anyway. So yes, this publicity stunt is a really good indication that she is testing the waters for an independent campaign.

Depending on her policy stands she may get my support. After a family tradition going back to Andrew Jackson I will be ending my affiliation with the Democratic Party as well. I hope she does well in where ever she decides to be active.

I'm sure most of you have heard the news by now that Tulsi Gabbard has left the Democratic Party. She seemed to do it in a fashion that makes you wonder what her thought process is. Is she planning an Independent run for the White House in 2024? If so, which side would she draw the most votes from, Democrats or Republicans? Or, will she make a deal to be Trump's VP choice if he wins the nomination? Or, would she run in the Republican primary herself? Or, would she let herself be courted by the Libertarian Party? What's up with her?
She's history. I wish Cheney would leave the republican party in the same way--with the same result.

She's a gun grabber! Did you conveniently forget that?

If she is no longer an elected official, or filed campaign papers declaring primary preference, then she is not a member of the Democrat Party, anyway. So yes, this publicity stunt is a really good indication that she is testing the waters for an independent campaign.
Hey dumbass! You never heard of voter registration?

She's history. I wish Cheney would leave the republican party in the same way--with the same result.
If Cheney could have kept her mouth shut and not let the Democratic party use her to try destroying the Republican party, I would have been fine with her opposition to Trump. But, she just couldn't accept the results of the 2020 election in that Biden won. Trump had turned into a hasbeen, probably never to be seen again. The irony is that Democratic attacks on him and her attacks on him, allowed Trump to rise from the ashes and be relevant again, the exact opposite of what she wanted. And she can't even see that this is all on her and that her only future from now on is flipping hamburgers for a living.

She's a gun grabber! Did you conveniently forget that?
I have reservations about her but I also believe she has changed her stance from previous positions, but I'm not 100% sure what those positions are. That's actually why I asked, if she ran as an independent, which side would she get the most votes from.

If she is no longer an elected official, or filed campaign papers declaring primary preference, then she is not a member of the Democrat Party, anyway.

How do you figure?

I know plenty of registered democrats who've never filed campaign papers and who aren't elected officials.

Or are you saying that one can't be a "party member" unless they do those things, in which case I'm not sure I'd agree with you...

Tulsi is a more moderate liberal that cannot support the Far-Left lunatics that have taken over the party, and make no mistake there are millions of like-minded people that have left the DP. I don't believe they'll vote for Trump, but I also think they won't vote for the democrat nominee either.

I don't see her as Trump's VP, she ain't conservative enough for that. As an Indie, she would possibly draw plenty of votes from both sides, not every person on the Right likes Trump and the Left is losing support too, especially over the past couple of years. But I highly doubt she could get enough votes to win. And which party would benefit the most? Well, the deep blue states hate her, so no luck there; ditto the deep red states that will go for the GOP. But that leaves the swing states, right? Could she make a difference in those states? Could be, but too soon to tell. If I had to guess I'd say she might draw a little more from the middle of the DP than she will from the middle Right. Gun grabber. Not a lot of righties are going to vote for her cuz of that.

She would take more votes from Democrats, I think.

I do not like her positions on at least the following. She is in favor of:
- Ending cash bail
- Free tuition at public colleges and universities, but no vouchers for private and religious schools. (I think people need to have skin in the game, public schools preach progressive politics, and religious freedom should be guaranteed and not punished.
- Ending fossil fuels, the Paris Climate Accord, and incentives for wind and solar which would be very dangerous and create major problems for our electricity grid.
- Closing all existing nuclear reactors (she's nuts!)
- Forcing family and medical leave on businesses
- Elimination of the Electoral College.
- No Photo ID to vote, automatic voter registration
- Banning "assault weapons"
- Medicare for all.
- Raising minimum wage to $15/hr
- Universal basic income
- Raising income taxes
- Not making able-bodied welfare recipients work

Very Liberal. Almost certifiable, despite her reasonable positions on many issues.

Regards,
Jim

rYIk4gz.gif

I don't know what's up with her, but she is the one and only candidate that can steal my spite vote for Trump & put it in her column. :)

Forum List

Back