Tulsi Gabbard For President

If she is no longer an elected official, or filed campaign papers declaring primary preference, then she is not a member of the Democrat Party, anyway. So yes, this publicity stunt is a really good indication that she is testing the waters for an independent campaign.

That is not true.

She claims herself as an Independent and if she ever did consider running, would run on that ticket.
What's surprising to me in her video, she asks Independent minded Democrats to join her in leaving the Democratic party but seems strangely silent on where she actually wants them to go or even stating where she is actually going herself. Seems like she would just come out and ask them to be Independents. I guess it is just assumed.

What's surprising to me in her video, she asks Independent minded Democrats to join her in leaving the Democratic party but seems strangely silent on where she actually wants them to go or even stating where she is actually going herself. Seems like she would just come out and ask them to be Independents. I guess it is just assumed.

I agree that she avoided answering that question.

However, it is a binary system.

I'm sure most of you have heard the news by now that Tulsi Gabbard has left the Democratic Party. She seemed to do it in a fashion that makes you wonder what her thought process is. Is she planning an Independent run for the White House in 2024? If so, which side would she draw the most votes from, Democrats or Republicans? Or, will she make a deal to be Trump's VP choice if he wins the nomination? Or, would she run in the Republican primary herself? Or, would she let herself be courted by the Libertarian Party? What's up with her?
She is certainly an opportunist. I hope she is who I see now vs playing a part she think will get her ahead.

No matter what she at least took a step in the right direction. Trump's VP, no way. DeSantis's VP? Very possible.
While I strongly admire her for what she did, I'm not sure who her base would be. Independents have never really gotten anywhere. I still can't figure out if she ran as an Independent, who's side she would steal more votes from. She really didn't seem to fit in with Democrats in general and, unless she has changed her thoughts to a great degree, she surely doesn't fit in with Republicans either. She's been on Fox News a lot lately, including even filling in as host for Tucker Carlson, but that seems like she might steal more votes from the right than from the left, except her policies seem to lean more left than right. So, if that is the case, I'm not so sure how she would fit in with Desantis. I can't see him picking someone a heartbeat away from the presidency who doesn't share many of his policy ideas.

I'm sure most of you have heard the news by now that Tulsi Gabbard has left the Democratic Party. She seemed to do it in a fashion that makes you wonder what her thought process is. Is she planning an Independent run for the White House in 2024? If so, which side would she draw the most votes from, Democrats or Republicans? Or, will she make a deal to be Trump's VP choice if he wins the nomination? Or, would she run in the Republican primary herself? Or, would she let herself be courted by the Libertarian Party? What's up with her?
Tulsi is pro America and anti-war just like me.

Tulsi is a more moderate liberal that cannot support the Far-Left lunatics that have taken over the party, and make no mistake there are millions of like-minded people that have left the DP. I don't believe they'll vote for Trump, but I also think they won't vote for the democrat nominee either.

I don't see her as Trump's VP, she ain't conservative enough for that. As an Indie, she would possibly draw plenty of votes from both sides, not every person on the Right likes Trump and the Left is losing support too, especially over the past couple of years. But I highly doubt she could get enough votes to win. And which party would benefit the most? Well, the deep blue states hate her, so no luck there; ditto the deep red states that will go for the GOP. But that leaves the swing states, right? Could she make a difference in those states? Could be, but too soon to tell. If I had to guess I'd say she might draw a little more from the middle of the DP than she will from the middle Right. Gun grabber. Not a lot of righties are going to vote for her cuz of that.
There are other issues too, among them abortion. If she has any ideas of going GOP, she'll need to get rid of a lot of Democratic baggage.

I applaud her standing up to her principles, however her politics are not in line with mine and I probably pass on her.

Tulsi is pro America and anti-war just like me.
I know what anti-war is but what does pro America mean? Trump and his MAGA's are pro-America. Far left woke politically correct bleeding heart extremists are also pro-America. You could also argue that BLM rioters are pro-America and white supremacists are also pro-America. Seems like anyone with any kind of agenda can claim they are pro-America.

She has broken free of the insanity.

Her positions are still far left on most issues.
No she hasn't as far as her basic views go.....She would still limit your 2A rights with a smile on her face.

If they allowed women in congress back then she would fit right in with the Yankee Blue Dogs of the 60s.....Blue Dogs were not just confined to the south you know.

Thing is since the dems primaried the blue Dogs out of existence someone like her has no place else to go. I suspect she could move someplace else and run as a Independent but it's anyone's guess who she would caucus with.

No she hasn't as far as her basic views go.....She would still limit your 2A rights with a smile on her face.

If they allowed women in congress back then she would fit right in with the Yankee Blue Dogs of the 60s.....Blue Dogs were not just confined to the south you know.

Thing is since the dems primaried the blue Dogs out of existence someone like her has no place else to go. I suspect she could move someplace else and run as a Independent but it's anyone's guess who she would caucus with.
She is like many people in our country that cannot embrace either political party.

Forum List

Back