TSA manage to make a 3 year old wheelchair bound baby sob

As a parent I found that if you get overly upset with a situation, your child will get overly upset with a situation

I gotta say, that as much as I think the TSA is necessary, I am sick of them having to apologize for the fuckups by their agents.

We need to just get rid of all of them and let the military personnel who are coming home take over those jobs.

Not a bad idea, actually. It would definitely be a more efficient use of manpower and ever-shrinking funds. Lacking that kind of common sense, they should look to hire better quality people and provide better training. It might also be helpful if they could follow up such incidents with corrective action.

As a parent I found that if you get overly upset with a situation, your child will get overly upset with a situation

That is definitely true. Children follow their parents' lead. I absolutely believe these parents should hve discussed the taking of Teddy with their child beforehand.

My daughter has a blankie that she carried EVERYWHERE with her when she was younger, we flew a few years ago and the blankie got a going over by TSA. It was returned to her unharmed and no problems, b/c she knew ahead of time what was happening.

That thought crossed my mind. CNN just showed a clip with the father who seemed very calm and rational. It is possible that they were frustrated, annoyed at the time. I would also imagine that the 'way they were asked/told' had something to do with the parents' response.

There are times when department store employees 'abuse their power' and I don't respond well. Turn a molehill into a mountain--really makes life more unpleasant for everyone.

I swear they hire sadists. Oooooh, I'm spitting bullets right now.

you think terrorists give a rats patoot about using children to blow up stuff?

or is it because it's a pretty little white girl?

On the morning of April 17, 1986, at Heathrow Airport in London, Israeli security guards working for El Al airlines found 1.5 kilograms of Semtex explosives in the bag of Anne-Marie Murphy, a five-month pregnant Irishwoman attempting to fly on a flight with 375 fellow passengers to Tel Aviv. In addition, a functioning calculator in the bag was found to be a timed triggering device. She claimed to be unaware of the contents, and that she had been given the bag by her fiancé, Nezar Hindawi, a Jordanian. Murphy maintained that Hindawi had sent her on the flight for the purpose of meeting his parents before marriage. A manhunt ensued, resulting in Hindawi's arrest the following day after he surrendered to police. Hindawi was found guilty by a British court in the Old Bailey and received 45 years imprisonment, believed to be the longest determinate, or fixed, criminal sentence in British history

Hindawi affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That thought crossed my mind. CNN just showed a clip with the father who seemed very calm and rational. It is possible that they were frustrated, annoyed at the time. I would also imagine that the 'way they were asked/told' had something to do with the parents' response.

There are times when department store employees 'abuse their power' and I don't respond well. Turn a molehill into a mountain--really makes life more unpleasant for everyone.

Empirical evidence suggests that anyone who whips our a camera while dealing with LEO does not have being calm and rational at the top of their priorities.

I swear they hire sadists. Oooooh, I'm spitting bullets right now.

you think terrorists give a rats patoot about using children to blow up stuff?

or is it because it's a pretty little white girl?

On the morning of April 17, 1986, at Heathrow Airport in London, Israeli security guards working for El Al airlines found 1.5 kilograms of Semtex explosives in the bag of Anne-Marie Murphy, a five-month pregnant Irishwoman attempting to fly on a flight with 375 fellow passengers to Tel Aviv. In addition, a functioning calculator in the bag was found to be a timed triggering device. She claimed to be unaware of the contents, and that she had been given the bag by her fiancé, Nezar Hindawi, a Jordanian. Murphy maintained that Hindawi had sent her on the flight for the purpose of meeting his parents before marriage. A manhunt ensued, resulting in Hindawi's arrest the following day after he surrendered to police. Hindawi was found guilty by a British court in the Old Bailey and received 45 years imprisonment, believed to be the longest determinate, or fixed, criminal sentence in British history

Hindawi affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm thinking the same thing. We need airport security, I'd rather have the kid cry than worry about some maniac getting through the gates and onto the plane.

That is definitely true. Children follow their parents' lead. I absolutely believe these parents should hve discussed the taking of Teddy with their child beforehand.

My daughter has a blankie that she carried EVERYWHERE with her when she was younger, we flew a few years ago and the blankie got a going over by TSA. It was returned to her unharmed and no problems, b/c she knew ahead of time what was happening.

Depending how often they fly with their children, it is almost inconceivable to most normal people that a handicapped 3-yr-old could become the target of excessively eager and criminally intrusive scrutiny by agents who should be targeting terrorists and criminals.

Empirical evidence suggests that anyone who whips our a camera while dealing with LEO does not have being calm and rational at the top of their priorities.

Maybe CNN will devote an hour or two to this story.

I can imagine several scenarios and it is possible none of them would be correct.

I gotta say, that as much as I think the TSA is necessary, I am sick of them having to apologize for the fuckups by their agents.

We need to just get rid of all of them and let the military personnel who are coming home take over those jobs.

I agree. The issue is not the existence of the TSA. They have a job to do. A very necessary job to do.

It's the lack of professionalism with certain agents that keeps rearing an ugly head. As I was talking about in my post #5, can't we up the training here?

Teach TSA agents how to better deal with certain situations?

I do like your idea of trained military taking over. Enough are coming home and need jobs.

And they already have been trained to deal with courtesy and respect and sensitivity to a different culture. Professionals waiting in the wings who easily handle this difficult job.

Last edited:

With all due respect rightwinger, the family had made it thru the screening. This is when the agent decided to target them.

And if you read the update I posted the TSA even agrees the child should not have been threatened with a pat down and has apologized.

The parents handled the situation quite well. Calm as can be. The father is a lawyer and I find that their complaint was reasonable.

This was not a situation where the parents were hysterical. Not at all.

Depending how often they fly with their children, it is almost inconceivable to most normal people that a handicapped 3-yr-old could become the target of excessively eager and criminally intrusive scrutiny by agents who should be targeting terrorists and criminals.

That is not how security works

Give a free pass to all old ladies and crippled three year olds. Everyone know that they are not terrorists.

Won't be long before a terrorist group realizes this is a weakness in the securiity system. How much would you have to pay an old lady or family struggling with a handicapped child to smuggle a package through security?

With all due respect rightwinger, the family had made it thru the screening. This is when the agent decided to target them.

And if you read the update I posted the TSA even agrees the child should not have been threatened with a pat down and has apologized.

The parents handled the situation quite well.
Calm as can be. The father is a lawyer and I find that their complaint was reasonable.

No they didn't . You know how reasonable people handle that?

They get through it, they console their child, they go to Disney World,, where I GUARANTEE the child will forget all about the incident, and they go on about their lives.

They don't whip out a video camera and then go to the press and holler about being a lawyer and demand an apology.

Calm as can be. The father is a lawyer and I find that their complaint was reasonable.

They get through it, they console their child, they go to Disney World,, where I GUARANTEE the child will forget all about the incident, and they go on about their lives.

They don't whip out a video camera and then go to the press and holler about being a lawyer and demand an apology.

I beg to differ because reports like this one help to weed out the bad apples from the good employees.

This gentleman did not holler about anything. They felt they were treated unfairly and made a complaint.

Take for example what happened just recently to Forest Whitaker in a NY deli. An employee decided to accuse him of shoplifting and actually frisked him in front of the other patrons.

He reported it. It made headlines and he weeded out a really bad apple at this deli.

Today it came out that an employee at KFC had taken pictures of herself licking mashed potatoes that were going to served to customers and posted on her Facebook page.

Thanks heavens someone reported her and she has been fired. Another bad apple weeded out.

And one of the most heinous actions by police I've read about in a long time was when two women were body cavity searched at the side of a highway. eta: in the headlights in full view of passerbys.

They reported it many times till action was taken. The female officer has since been fired (the one who actually searched the women) and I'm still waiting for news on the male officer.

Reports count. They truly do.

I don't think any one who feels truly wronged should walk away and not report an employees actions.

That allows the company to investigate.

By this family reporting it and having the evidence on tape; this situation can be dealt with.

Now the TSA can look into this employee's history and deal with the employee. Maybe all that is necessary is sensitivity training.

Maybe disciplinary action if this particular employee has had a history of behaving this way.

But at the very least it flags the TSA about this employee.

Last edited:

I beg to differ because reports like this one help to weed out the bad apples from the good employees.

This gentleman did not holler about anything. They felt they were treated unfairly and made a complaint.

Take for example what happened just recently to Forest Whitaker in a NY deli. An employee decided to accuse him of shoplifting and actually frisked him in front of the other patrons.

He reported it. It made headlines and he weeded out a really bad apple at this deli.

Today it came out that an employee at KFC had taken pictures of herself licking mashed potatoes that were going to served to customers and posted on her Facebook page.

Thanks heavens someone reported her and she has been fired. Another bad apple weeded out.

And one of the most heinous actions by police I've read about in a long time was when two women were body cavity searched at the side of a highway. eta: in the headlights in full view of passerbys.

They reported it many times till action was taken. The female officer has since been fired (the one who actually searched the women) and I'm still waiting for news on the male officer.

I don't think any one who feels truly wronged should walk away and not report an employees actions.

By this family reporting it and having the evidence on tape; this situation can be dealt with.

Now the TSA can look into this employee's history and deal with the employee. Maybe all that is necessary is sensitivity training.

Maybe disciplinary action if this particular employee has had a history of behaving this way.

and that's fine, but in ALL those cases you listed NONE of them should be public. Unless of course criminal charges are filed.

That's what I was saying. Take care of your business without trying to also gain your 15 minutes.

and that's fine, but in ALL those cases you listed NONE of them should be public. Unless of course criminal charges are filed.

That's what I was saying. Take care of your business without trying to also gain your 15 minutes.

Oh Whitaker went public. Very public with it. TMZ.

I'd have to check into the two women but if remember correctly they went public to finally get someone to notice their case after so many complaints with nothing being done. They had been facing a blue wall of silence.

And the Facebook /KFC issue just happened today. I just saw the picture and grossed out. Yikes.

How many times has it happened where nothing is done, unless you go public?

ETA: I'm not disputing that there are too many bullshit artists out there as well who are seeking fame and the spotlight;you are quite correct in that analysis. I just don't think this is one of them

Last edited:

Reasonable people walk up to the person groping and fondling their terrified, screaming child and beat them to a pulp! The TSA goon responsible for this should be tortured to death.

And let their kid be man handled by an idiot in a blue shirt? I don't think so. They had a right to object and a right to film everything that went on.

I agree. The issue is not the existence of the TSA. They have a job to do. A very necessary job to do.

It's the lack of professionalism with certain agents that keeps rearing an ugly head. As I was talking about in my post #5, can't we up the training here?

Teach TSA agents how to better deal with certain situations?
I general agree with your post here but we have to remember sometimes rare incidents get outsized attention that makes them seem more common than they are. There are tens of thousands of TSA agents who process millions of fliers, it seems every few months some shocking video comes out that results in people acting like an atypical situation is common or even the norm.

Reasonable people walk up to the person groping and fondling their terrified, screaming child and beat them to a pulp!
Reasonable people understand the difference between a security pat-down and fondling. Have you ever experienced the TSA pat-down? If you have and still call it fondling then you have quite an imagination on you.

Forum List

Back