Truth is the casualty and the enemy of the Dem party

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
"I'm minding my own business, bothering nobody. This program does nothing but try to inspire people to be the best they can be. This program takes aim at political opponents. Can't say that anymore, I bet. That's too incendiary. That kind of rhetoric takes aim at political opponents. Nevertheless, I'm just supposed to smile. "Oh, that's just the sheriff. Oh, that's just the media." I've had the president of the United States, Bill Clinton, accuse me of racism at a White House Correspondents Dinner. I've had that same president blame me for the Oklahoma City bombing, and now while I'm watching a football game last Saturday afternoon, I'm listening to the entire Democrat Party and media complex blame me for what happened in Tucson on Saturday, and then the sheriff out there.

Now, I ask you, you all know that I am a political enemy of these people. These are the people that keep talking about limiting speech with the Fairness Doctrine. The other day Al Sharpton goes to the FCC to want hearings on me to get them to curb what I can say. He came out of there claiming the FCC's interested in holding these hearings. Look, I'm not telling you people anything you don't know. You know that there are constant assaults on the existence of this program. There are constant serious political efforts made to terminate this program and all of talk radio, Fox News and what have you. So we have this incident, and now I have to sit here and just let it roll off my back that I'm responsible for this. Anything I say is overreacting to it. What I see is the Democrat Party, its representatives and its supporters on the American left attempting to take a genuine human tragedy, and their first instinct is to politicize it, and that desire, their political desire is to silence, to quiet people who they consider their opposition: me, people who do what I do, and Fox News. If that is not attempting to profit off murder, I don't know what it is. "But Mr. Limbaugh, that was very vicious to say it that way."

See, this is the problem. The truth is the great casualty. And what do you think the target is when people begin to say, "We've gotta dial back this heated rhetoric?" Truth is the great enemy to the Democrat Party. Truth is the great enemy to the American left. They have to wipe out truth whenever they can and wherever they see it, because truth is not them. So it was not intended yesterday as a media tweak. I intended to say these people profit off of these things, they try to. Their first instinct, they couldn't help it, every time something like this happens, is to advance their political agenda. And we know that part and parcel of their political agenda is to shut this radio program down, to shut down Fox News, to shut down all of what they call conservative talk radio. We know that this is what they seek. We've got Jim Clyburn out today saying we need the Fairness Doctrine back, despite now clear-cut evidence this shooter was in no way, shape, manner, or form affected by what happens on this program. Quite the opposite. This man was affected by media creations of leftists."

Jared Loughner's Friend on GMA: "He Didn't Listen to Political Radio"

The proposition of new laws that range from gun control, more limitations of speech, fairness doctrine, etc. is disturbing. This act was committed by an individual and he should pay for his crimes as an individual. As such, we do not need additional laws that infringe and encroach upon our individual rights. We pay for our crimes individually NOT collectively. There are already laws on the book for murder.

• Banned
Truth is a cuasualty in both parties when it is inconvenient to that party.

No, it's not. Nice attempt at derailment, however.

If you think it's a casualty in the party of the right, why don't you link that information, or start a thread on it? Otherwise, kindly be aware that I don't consider the truth to be subjective, nor do I fall for the idiocy that if one person is guilty of a particular behavior, that's evidence that everybody is. That's juvenile.

Everyone knows that everything the left says is a lie and everything the right says is the truth.

If you think it's a casualty in the party of the right, why don't you link that information, or start a thread on it? Otherwise, kindly be aware that I don't consider the truth to be subjective, nor do I fall for the idiocy that if one person is guilty of a particular behavior, that's evidence that everybody is. That's juvenile.

All parties have 'truth' issues, Allie. That's a fact. It's the problem when you have individuals join a party. I cannot control what you say any more than you can control what I say. If we are both in the same party, and one of us lies, are we all responsible?

It's a complicated thing. It's very difficult to accuse one side of lying and remain honest.

Wonder how many dollars the good Sen. Sanders has raked in?

I wonder how much the good ole Tea Party has raised?

The Tea Party Express got the ball rolling Monday when they began fundraising when they asked supporters to help “stand with Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh + Tea Party.”

The fund raising effort asked supporters to give as little as $5 to “fight back,” and that they also “Want to have our largest fundraising day in the history of our organization and we need your help to achieve this success

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Bernie Sanders, Tea Party Express use Tucson Shooting to Raise Money - Raleigh Conservative | Examiner.com ]Bernie Sanders, Tea Party Express use Tucson Shooting to Raise Money - Raleigh Conservative | Examiner.com
:eusa_whistle:

All parties have 'truth' issues, Allie. That's a fact. It's the problem when you have individuals join a party. I cannot control what you say any more than you can control what I say. If we are both in the same party, and one of us lies, are we all responsible?

It's a complicated thing. It's very difficult to accuse one side of lying and remain honest.

No, it's not.

Because while individuals may lie, the fact of the matter is the parties are fundamentally different and have different agendas. One has an agenda that promotes liberty, freedom, honor.

The other has an agenda that promotes government control, oppression, and dysfunction.

No derailment I was agreeing with you. However I am not as much of a partisan hack as you are.

No, it's not.

Because while individuals may lie, the fact of the matter is the parties are fundamentally different and have different agendas. One has an agenda that promotes liberty, freedom, honor.

The other has an agenda that promotes government control, oppression, and dysfunction.

Ohh wow they have you programmed good.

Everyone knows that everything the left says is a lie and everything the right says is the truth.

You may think that is how the right thinks...but it does not.
We are seeking out the lies of our politicians just as we are seeking out the lies of the politicians of the left.
We are less likely to discuss the lies we find on the right....but we are not niaive to the fact that they exist.

No, it's not.

Ohh wow they have you programmed good.

Yeah, that's it.

No, it's not.

Both parties will spin to win the favor of the masses.

And like it or not...spin is lie as it pertains to politics

We are seeking out the lies of our politicians just as we are seeking out the lies of the politicians of the left.
We are less likely to discuss the lies we find on the right....but we are not niaive to the fact that they exist.

I'm being overly dramatic similar to the OP with her title that "Truth is the enemy of the Democratic Party". :cool: Give me a break.

Lol. The assumption that the parties are "equal" is idiotic.

Do you employ the same theory when dealing with Communism and Democracy? Or a despotic leader vs. an elected leader?

"By golly, they're equal because they're human! You can't make distinctions between them!"

That's just silly.

what a load of shit.

Insightful.:lol:

what a load of shit.

Insightful.:lol:

about as insightful as your op ;)

I'm being overly dramatic similar to the OP with her title that "Truth is the enemy of the Democratic Party". :cool: Give me a break.

"There are no death panels! What death panels? Pure fearmongering!"

ahem...truth is the casualty of the Dem party.

"Rightwing talking points caused the gunman to go on a shooting spree".

Truth is the enemy of the Dem party.

Forum List

Back